“The Hotel Staff was Awesome!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Fresno North

Save Saved
You added Ramada Fresno North to your Saves list
Ramada Fresno North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   324 E Shaw Avenue, Fresno, CA 93710 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #30 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Windsor, California
“The Hotel Staff was Awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2005

Although the hotel itself is a little dated, the hospitality of the staff was awesome! I was impressed with the cleanliness of the grounds, except for the light in front of our room being out and my door dark, it was very clean and comfortable. I did have a used towel left behind the door in our bathroom (on hook), but felt that the room was clean and confortable. I would stay here again and recommend it to others. The staff is what makes this hotel inviting! We came in as a soccer team and they welcomed and accommodated us all!

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Californis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2005

This hotel should be put out of its misery! The room was the most depressing one I've ever stayed in. It had this really horrible fluorescent lighting (to save money I suppose) and we turned on every light in the place but it didn't help. I got a headache watching the TV in this lighting, and when I tried to read at the desk it was worse. In desperation, I left the room to read in the lobby by the only available lighting for reading, the hotel front window.
The place is like a ghost town, not a soul in the restaurant did we see from one day to the next. The street in front of the hotel was under construction so you couldn't cross the street ANYWHERE! In short, the place was hell and I couldn't get away from it without getting in the car. The only consolation was a Starbucks in the same square.
The lobby carpet was dirty, the bedding was the worst I've ever experienced--old, pilling, and constantly coming off the bed along with the shabby bedpad underneath. The only pleasant thing about this hotel experience was the shower, a good one. Oh, and also the chat I had with the friendly woman in the lobby bathroom, after she had rolled up her sleeping bag from the poolside...
NONE of this is an exaggeration. I'm only writing this because it was an aggravating experience, and I don't want anyone else to have it!

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2004

In the prior review I was the guest who had the condom in the sheets. I must admit Brian, the night manager took care of business asap. However we were inconvenienced and the 2nd room was not clean. The most horrific hotel experience ever. The Sunday morning clerk to say the least was so rude that I can't even descibe in words. My husband asked her to contact the night mgr. as he had agreed to comp our room, she refused and wanted to only comp 50% of the bill. I finally had to insist that she make the call or we would not leave the window until she did. She made the call, however this situation could have been avoided, had she used some common sense.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2004

A used condom in the sheets! Need I say more? Okay, I will. The second/replacement room had hair in the bathtub. Although the mgt. had been very apologetic when we had to change rooms, the receptionist was not willing to comp the room as the mgr. had promised the night before (and there was no manager on duty to ask when we checked out because it was Sunday). There were unsupervised children and teens running around hollering, while security stood by drinking coffee, until midnight. This hotel was a far cry from the pretty photos of a peaceful place to rest; not quiet, not clean, not concerned with customer relations.

Been to Ramada Fresno North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Fresno North

Address: 324 E Shaw Avenue, Fresno, CA 93710 (Formerly Ramada Inn)
Location: United States > California > Fresno
Ranked #30 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Fresno North 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Ramada Fresno North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Hotel Fresno
Ramada Inn Fresno
Ramada Fresno
Fresno Ramada

If you own or manage Ramada Fresno North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.