“Like Being with Family” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
usa
“Like Being with Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We checked into the TownePlace Suites for two nights to see our granddaughter ride in equestrian competition at Fresno State. The 2nd morning, we heard that she wasn't riding the last day, so we checked out. Three hours later, we heard she was, and we called the desk so apologetically and asked if we could check back in. They welcomed us back. When we returned, they called us by name and had as little laugh with us. Our room had been cleaned and there was even a thank you note from housekeeping for the tip that we had left. They printed out directions to Fresno State, our dinner restaurant, and to "Curves" as I did not want to miss a day! The last day, we had a breakfast with great choices of things to eat, and sent us off once again with very clear directions to the freeway headed home.
Their front desk could not have been more friendly, plus they reminded me to get my Marriott Rewards, which I would have forgotten. It is immaculate and wonderfully friendly and we will always go back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
North Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I come to Fresno because of family. If I had no family here, I wouldn't bother with Fresno. When I check in at the Towne Place Suites, they exhibit the best in customer service and appear glad to see me again. For that reason, I look forward to my trips to Fresno. Front desk employee who deserves an outstanding customer service award is PAC. She is professional, friendly and exhibits a "so great to see you again" attitude.

The housekeeping staff is amazing! They are friendly and appear to enjoy working here which says a lot for the management. When I leave a tip, the person making up my room has always left me a thank you note. Now how nice is that?

This is my last trip to Fresno as all family has passed away. I will truly miss not staying here and will miss the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had a flood in our home and had to spend a month in the hotel while our home was repaired. The staff at the Towne Place was both friendly and helpful and after a couple of days they all called us by name. There was a problem with the Marriott rewards getting posted to our account but the Manager took extra time to make sure that the rewards were credited. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been on the traveling for over a month and stayed at several Marriott Townplace and Residence Inns and this was one of our best stays. Our room was quite and exceptionally clean.
The one thing that's a little different is way they do breakfast. It's set up to carry back to the room.
There's an IHOP in the front and several other chain hotels next to this Townplace.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to stay when you are in Fresno. Nice clean grounds, clean rooms(mine had a small kitchen,couch) I assume they are all the same here. Friendly staff and a little continental breakfast each morning.

• Stayed January 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was visiting friends in Fresno on December 23rd and decided to stay the night at the last minute. This hotel was right near the freeway and restaurants in the North of town. Checked rates online and booked right in the lobby. Staff friendly and polite. Room clean, quiet and breakfast the next morning good. I will return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
El Dorado Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stay here every time (yes, every time) I am in the Fresno area. The staff is the friendliest staff of all the hotels I stay. Even if its been three or four months since I was here, the front desk staff recognize me and most of the times call me by name. The housekeeping staff and maintenance folks always say hi when they are walking by. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and I love having a little kitchen with full cooking facilities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business