“Great Service, Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Service, Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel has an excellent location in a very nice area of Fresno. This is convenient to freeways, restaurants,airport. The room was perfect for an extended stay. It was very clean and comfortable. It was a little small,but, it had everything you could ask for. The rate was a real value. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I'll keep this short and sweet. My family and I spent 4 days here this past July, using it as a base for driving to Yosemite and Sequoia, as well as some business I had in Fresno.

All I can say is that this particular TownePlace Suites is excellent. From the friendly and helpful desk staff to the outstanding house-keeping crew, you will not find a better value for your $$. The location is also super convenient for getting around Fresno.

Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I selected this place as a last minute booking on the same morning for one night, and was not at all disappointed after checking-in. The location is great if you are on your way to Yosemite National Park. The room was spacious and nicely decorated. There was a standard size kitchen equipped with all utensils and silverwares, in case one would prefer to cook and eat in the room. The bed/mattress was firm and gave me a nice sleep. In the morning we were in hurry, and were nicely surprised to see that they have nice breakfast bags to grab & go. Overall, a very nice experience, and I'd love to stay there again whenever I visit that area. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Burbank, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Because this hotel was rated so highly I booked a 2-bedroom suite for two nights. I have nothing really to complain about, but I was expecting more.

The rooms met our needs in that they were very clean. That is the most important thing to me to be honest. The negatives is that the rooms were pretty small, and it seemed a little cramped for a two-bedroom. The pool was incredibly small, and not worth the time to go in to. The location was great. The breakfast was a poor mans continental.....but I recommend going to the breakfast restaurant (I will not name the restaurant but they have great pancakes) that they share the parking lot with.

The staff was nice and accommodating. Nothing to complain about. I guess I was just expecting a little more from this place, as it was just average.

Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

What made this hotel stand out was the great front desk staff. The hotel, as stated before, is located near River Park. It has everything you need right nearby: Restaurants, shopping, movie theaters. It is not far from Fresno State, if you were there for anything college related. This is a nice part of Fresno. This city can get a bum rap sometimes, but this is a really nice area. The rooms are nice, clean, quiet and most importantly, comfortable. It was the staff that impressed me most with how helpful and friendly they were. I am a Marriott rewards member and was upgraded to a 2 room suite which made it all the more comfortable. Breakfast was continental style and they had little bags so you could take it on the go or back to your room. Would I stay here again... Yes, in a heart beat.

LOS ANGELES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Nothing to complain about. We are lifelong Marriott clients and this lived up to the reputation. The bedding was just what we needed -- comfortable and clean. The AC worked great, kitchen was sufficient for our needs, parking was plentiful. It was conveniently located to restaurants and grocery stores. Staff was friendly, helpful, cordial. There is no sit-down breakfast, but there is a breakfast bar where you grab things to go -- as much as you need. I thought it was generously stocked (Minute Maid apple and orange juice bottles instead of the cheaper fountain type set-up). Bagels, hard boiled eggs, muffins, donuts, etc. We only stayed one night (passing through to Yosemite) but it was on a trip where we stayed at 3 different accommodations. This was by far the best one -- and it was the cheapest! The pool was nicely heated. We had a queen suite with a separate bedroom. It was quiet and I got exactly what I needed -- a good night's sleep! If I ever needed lodging again in Fresno, this is the place I would go to again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as a last second, unplanned stay due to my son needing his appendix out while on vacation in California. The hotel is in a good location as it is close to the local hospitals and a major mall and shopping area. The price is reasonable and we had a suite that had a queen in one room and a pull out sofa in the next which was fine for myself, my son and daughter while my wife and other son were at the Childrens Hospital. The rooms were of decent size with a kitchenette and were fairly clean. The breakfast looked oK but there was an IHOP right behind it so we opted for the full pancake breakfast since we were on vacation. We just stayed one night but it was fine for what we needed and the price was around $110 so it worked well for us. The desk staff was friendly and check in and check out was fast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Fresno? Share your experiences!