“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had been in town often for business in downtown Fresno. I had been staying in the downtown area (scary) and wish I had made my way here sooner. This hotel is located in the River Park area. There is a IHOP, Chili's and a hot dog place all within walking distance. If you drive over to the River Park shopping area there are plenty of places to eat, shop or catch a movie. The area felt safe too, much unlike the downtown area.

I was traveling solo, but they upgraded me to a two bedroom suite because I am a Marriott rewards member. Pretty cool, but was obviously overkill. Having the kitchen was very nice though. The rooms were very clean, beds were comfortable, and it was quiet. That's about all I can ask for in a hotel property.

They have sort of a super continental breakfast set up in the lobby in the mornings. It was helpful that I could grab something and go.

The staff was great. Very helpful with tips and directions. My trip was extended another day unexpectedly. I returned to see if they had any rooms available. They were booked up, but made several calls trying to find a room for me (everywhere was booked in immediate area).

This will be my first choice if returning to Fresno area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

LOCATION – Very easy to find, just a couple of turnings off main highway through the town, but in a quiet setting. Plenty of amenities nearby – restaurants within walking distance.

ROOM – I stayed in a studio room which was an average size but it was well laid out and made good use of the space, with a desk and lots of storage. Clean, with bright modern decore which nicer touches than other suites like this I have stayed in. Iron and ironing board in room. Cable TV and free Wi-Fi. Well equipped kitchen with full cooker, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, dishwasher, lots of utensils. Bathroom had quality toiletries and a hairdryer.

HOTEL & FACILITIES – Very helpful and friendly front desk. Small pool and gym on site, ice-machine, vending machine and PC in lobby. Good breakfast included which you can pick up from reception area to take back to your room. Includes juices, coffee, bagels, muffins, cereal and fruit. Small outside seating area.

VALUE FOR MONEY – Very good value

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Salem, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I am a frequent Marriott guest and by far the staff at Towne Place Suites, Fresno was by far the best customer service I have seen at any Marriott hotel. They were very accommodating and even upgraded our room because they had extra 2 bedroom suites available. They provided excellent recommendations for dining and things to do in the Fresno area.
The room was excellent and very clean. We didn't have an issue with it, but the appliances in the room seemed dated - some people that stay for extended periods may have an issue. We never actually used any of them because our stay was so short.
Overall, its an excellent value for customer service and cleanliness.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Groveland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Christmas night we stayed at Townehouse Suites along with our son and his wife. Previously we stayed at the Fresno Residence Inn and we all rated this better than the Residence Inn.
It is located in a "medical area" with Kaiser across the street and many medical offices around, which makes it perfect for families who have someone in the hospital.
There is great locked door security, with it making it difficult to slip into the rooms without a key.
We arrived early on Christmas day, and the receptionist was able to follow up with the housekeeper and have one of the two rooms readied for us to leave our suitcases. They could have said "you are too early" but they made a point to accommodate us.
We were in a one bedroom suite which was adequate. The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom was small and off the living area, rather than the bedroom. If you used the hide-a-bed, I suppose that might be easier, but it required a bit of manuevering in the night to find it.
The small kitchen was well equipped with fridge, microwave, and stove.
The breakfast was basic, with healthy items such as hard boiled eggs, yogurt and fruit, and bagels, muffins, and I think cereal. No hot food such as eggs/bacon waffles, etc, that the Residence Inn had. If that is the breakfast you need, stay at the Residence Inn,
There also was no space in the lobby to eat- take your food back to your room.
I have no complaint about the decor, but am not picky about that. Really no complaints, other thn the lack of king size beds and down comforters, and will stay there again when we are in Fresno provided the price is right.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I will continue to update my Trip Advisory when ever I stay at a hotel as a courtesy to the readers of this forum. We benefit from these updates, as the hotel has the burden to keep or surpass the bar we set upon them.

I can reserve a room at the TownPlace Suites Fresno, knowing that all of my demands of a hotel will be met at this property when I check in. I always sleep so very well on their comfortable beds.

A hotel can have everything, however: if it isn’t extraordinarily clean, it will not have me as a guest. This property meets that demand from the moment you drive into the parking lot, to the front desk, the snack area and most importantly: the hotel rooms which are immaculate.

I enjoy it’s location near the River Park Shopping Center, consisting of: The Shops at River Park, The Marketplace at River Park, and River Park Plaza. The shopping center is also listed in Wikipedia.

Enjoy your stay at this property as I highly recommend it. I commend the manager of this property for her abilities to meet the expectations of the travelers and their families looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The b-fast area is really small. Not many places to eat nearby although there was an IHOP. The room was large and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. Could have used more outlets in the room.

Room Tip: Not many places to eat close by only an IHOP
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Due to full booking in Clovis, we booked at the TownePlace Suites in Fresno - Wow! The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful accommodating us to room next to our son's family which meant a free upgrade for us (not requested). Throughout our three days with them they continued to inquire about how our stay was going, sent staff for a very minor repair to the room, and generally made us feel right at home. It will be our choice on future visits to the central valley. Beds were comfy, room was quiet (could not hear our crying grandson in the next room in the middle of the night!), amenities were much above standard. All this made easier by the location just blocks from the freeway. Congrat's and thanks to Joey at the front desk!

Room Tip: Separate bedroom/sitting room is ideal!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Fresno? Share your experiences!