“Perfectly adequate” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Groveland, California
“Perfectly adequate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Christmas night we stayed at Townehouse Suites along with our son and his wife. Previously we stayed at the Fresno Residence Inn and we all rated this better than the Residence Inn.
It is located in a "medical area" with Kaiser across the street and many medical offices around, which makes it perfect for families who have someone in the hospital.
There is great locked door security, with it making it difficult to slip into the rooms without a key.
We arrived early on Christmas day, and the receptionist was able to follow up with the housekeeper and have one of the two rooms readied for us to leave our suitcases. They could have said "you are too early" but they made a point to accommodate us.
We were in a one bedroom suite which was adequate. The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom was small and off the living area, rather than the bedroom. If you used the hide-a-bed, I suppose that might be easier, but it required a bit of manuevering in the night to find it.
The small kitchen was well equipped with fridge, microwave, and stove.
The breakfast was basic, with healthy items such as hard boiled eggs, yogurt and fruit, and bagels, muffins, and I think cereal. No hot food such as eggs/bacon waffles, etc, that the Residence Inn had. If that is the breakfast you need, stay at the Residence Inn,
There also was no space in the lobby to eat- take your food back to your room.
I have no complaint about the decor, but am not picky about that. Really no complaints, other thn the lack of king size beds and down comforters, and will stay there again when we are in Fresno provided the price is right.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I will continue to update my Trip Advisory when ever I stay at a hotel as a courtesy to the readers of this forum. We benefit from these updates, as the hotel has the burden to keep or surpass the bar we set upon them.

I can reserve a room at the TownPlace Suites Fresno, knowing that all of my demands of a hotel will be met at this property when I check in. I always sleep so very well on their comfortable beds.

A hotel can have everything, however: if it isn’t extraordinarily clean, it will not have me as a guest. This property meets that demand from the moment you drive into the parking lot, to the front desk, the snack area and most importantly: the hotel rooms which are immaculate.

I enjoy it’s location near the River Park Shopping Center, consisting of: The Shops at River Park, The Marketplace at River Park, and River Park Plaza. The shopping center is also listed in Wikipedia.

Enjoy your stay at this property as I highly recommend it. I commend the manager of this property for her abilities to meet the expectations of the travelers and their families looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The b-fast area is really small. Not many places to eat nearby although there was an IHOP. The room was large and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. Could have used more outlets in the room.

Room Tip: Not many places to eat close by only an IHOP
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Due to full booking in Clovis, we booked at the TownePlace Suites in Fresno - Wow! The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful accommodating us to room next to our son's family which meant a free upgrade for us (not requested). Throughout our three days with them they continued to inquire about how our stay was going, sent staff for a very minor repair to the room, and generally made us feel right at home. It will be our choice on future visits to the central valley. Beds were comfy, room was quiet (could not hear our crying grandson in the next room in the middle of the night!), amenities were much above standard. All this made easier by the location just blocks from the freeway. Congrat's and thanks to Joey at the front desk!

Room Tip: Separate bedroom/sitting room is ideal!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed one night here when I was traveling for work. The room is large with a couch and kitchen included. The bed is really comfortable and I had a good night sleep. In the morning, there were lots of options of breakfast to grab and take with you. Staff was very friendly and helpful and I will totally stay here again if I am in town.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the TownePlace suites in Fresno for 2 weeks for my husbands job. This was my first time in Fresno. I was not looking forward to the trip but I was pleasantly surprised at the great selection of restaurants and shopping close by. I was also glad that we could go to Ballys gym for free anytime we were there. The staff really went out of their way to help us out with anything we needed. The bed was comfy but the pillows could have been better. The pool was cold, I really wish it was heated.The breakfast is your basic continental breakfast: Bagels, english muffins, boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, muffins, juice, breakfast bars, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea etc. Overall the hotel is great but If you're going to Fresno just to visit, I suggest you head further west. If you do go I highly recommend you go to the Phoenician Mediterranean grill and Sakura Chaya Japanese restaurant. They are both close by.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jonesborough, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I recently spent a night at Towneplace Suites by Marriott on our way to Yosemite National Park. Not only was it our first time in Fresno but also our first trip to CA. We flew into Fresno and after 13 hours in airports and airplanes our suite was the perfect place to rest. The staff was warm and friendly from the moment we arrived to the moment we departed. Our room initially had a problem with the air cooling unit, as it wasn’t really cooling the room. The issue was addressed immediately and the staff could not have been more helpful. The room itself was impeccably clean and in great condition. The beds were actually comfortable! As a bonus, I loved the colors of the room and the décor. The location is convenient to everything we needed including shopping and dining, but the building is situation far enough away from traffic that we weren’t bothered by it and I’m a light sleeper. We will definitely stay here again if and when we find ourselves needing a room in Fresno. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Fresno? Share your experiences!