“So sad I never tried this place before! SO yummy!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #277 of 1,008 restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Steakhouse
madera, ca
“So sad I never tried this place before! SO yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was one of those experiences that shocked me! Ive lived in fresno most of my life, and as a kid conscidered the manchester mall a second home while both of my parents worked there. (so sad the mall is run down). As a mom now Ive taken my kids to ride the carousel, see a movie and usually eat at red robin. We hadnt been in a couple years, but manchester was the only one playing the movie we wanted to see. To our surprise, Red Robin was gone. So we decided to try the "Steakhouse" that for as long as I could remember has been next door. OH MY GOSH they had mediterranean/armenian food. My favorite! This place had it all too! The owner also waited on us and he is so friendly. I almost wanted to hug him after my meal. Not just because the food was amazing, but because you know he has kept his heart and soul into this place even as the mall and other businesses are falling apart around him. My family and I will be back. We live outside of fresno but will try our best to make it when we can and get friends to go try it. So glad we found it!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Santa Barbara, CA
“Friendly owner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

A really nice guy working hard in a tough business climate. Average food experience, although we did not try any of his specialties. Close to the Best Western Village Inn across the street...but check THAT review.

Visited November 2012
Madrid, Spain
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

While staying at a motel nearby we were recommended this place for dinner. It seemed a pleasant enough place and there were some tempting mediterranean/armenian dishes in the menu, so so we decided to give a try.
The waiter (and possibly owner) was somehow rude, but at first we thought it was in a jokingly way. We went ahead and order a Feta cheese salad and the Moussaka; when the salad arrived it was no more than some Iceberg lettuce sprinkled with the tiniest amount of Feta; the Moussaka was, in short, the worst I have ever tasted. When we requested some more Feta cheese for the salad, the response from the waiter was definitely aggresive, lecturing us about the price of Feta cheese and so on; he nevertheless agreed to bring us a some more Feta at extra cost.
So the food was terrible and terrible was the attitude of our waiter; by far it was the worst experience of our three weeks' holidays in the States, so I have no other choice than to recommend you avoid the place.

• Visited June 2011