“Game On......” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
San Francisco, California
“Game On......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Been to this place before but this time my family went because we got a special card from the sporting event that we attended over the weekend. My son did a bike race mid-morning so we arrived at Batter Up right at their peak hour.....the wait was 40 to 45 minutes...this gave us time to browse the menu and socialize with other people waiting. As soon as the hostess called our party, we went straight to the counter and placed our order. The whole grain pancake (single stack) I ordered was more than enough for me. It's the best pancake thus far. The coffee was strong but not too strong, just as I prefer. The service is friendly, prompt and courteous. Glad to have this kind of restaurant in the area.

• Visited May 2013

82% Recommend
Fresno, California
“Homerun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

"Batter Up" may not be the best restaurant in Fresno, but it certainly the best for breakfast for miles around. Thy used to be located within walking distance so it was a big disappointment when they relocated across town. It is now a several mile drive, but well worth it.

The food is excellent and the portions are huge. The menu is extensive with all the standard breakfast items and more. Some of the pancakes have a creative flare such as mocha caramel, or s'mores. My favorite is the full grain pancakes with blueberries with an egg and ham. Real maple syrup is available for about $1.79 extra. Prices in general seem high for breakfast, but considering the quality and portion, I am not complaining. You will not leave hungry.

Lunch items are also available such as pastrami, burgers, fries, etc. I have eaten lunch there only once and based on that experience, I think that they do not match the quality of breakfast. That was a one time experience so I am not ruling out another lunch visit.

They are very popular so be prepared for a wait. We take books and newspaper to pass the time. Service is fast enough and the owner is frequently on premises to provide the warm cordial greetings.

• Visited May 2013
Holladay, Utah
“Fantastic and unique omelettes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We ate here based on the reviews from tripadvisor and were glad we did! I ordered a caprese omelette, open faced with fantastic basil pesto, fresh tomatoes and prosciutto. I had a whole grain blue cornmeal pancake and a side of fruit. The pancake was really good but way too big! I would recommend it if you really are a whole grain person who likes a little more texture.

My boyfriend ordered the omelette with hot pastrami and muffaletta olives and it was fabulous! He had a side of the perfectly seasoned country potatoes and white toast. The toast tasted homemade. We asked if they had a bakery there but they said they bought it fresh from a local bakery.

The portions are large and neither one of us was able to finish our entire meal, but we tried! The staff was friendly and although I've read they get very busy we had an early tee time on a Monday morning so we arrived by 6:10 and walked right in and was seated.

I read a few reviews which said this place was overpriced but I think $30 (including tip) for a great breakfast is not bad at all. You have to splurge every once in a while and it needs to be worth it when you do and our meal was worth every penny! We will be back!

• Visited April 2013
Yuma
“JUST FOUND THIS PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

03/26/13

Found this while browsing TripAdvisor. I will surely go back when we are in town. The staff is very friendly, the place is very clean and there is lots of food, The wife even shared an Omelet and pancake. The price is right. Be prepared to wait as a lot of people know how good it is.

I think you will like it.

Cap & Virginia

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fresno, California
“The Best Pancakes Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place has the best pancake recipe that i have ever tasted! The only problem can be getting seated. Well worth it.