“Good all round” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: Blackstone & Nees
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good all round”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Fun place with bustling seafood shack ambiance and décor. Nice wine list, good service and very well prepared food which all tasted good. Would definitely go back when I am in town again to sample more of the varied and interesting menu.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fresno, California
“"The Most Unsatisfying Meal I've had In A Long Time"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I don't understand all the above-average reviews because Pismo's is not an above-average restaurant. Okay-- I have to remind myself this ain't San Francisco-- Fresno-Clovis restaurant patrons aren't the most sophisticated. My sister and I ate at the restaurant tonight and I can't see ever going back unless and wasting my money on boring food unless someone else drags me to this place on their dime. We both ordered the same meal: started with the red clam chowder and had the crab cakes with sautéed spinach and au gratin potatoes, and added a side of the polenta. Both our meals had to be sent back because it was clear that the three, scallop size crab cakes were not fully cooked. My sister chomped into a couple of pieces of shell with her second crab cake order. The food at Pismo's is nothing to crow about (I decided to come here after reading the "rave" reviews on a couple of sites). Even though the Pismo's is locally owned, the fare tasted like mass produced chain-restaurant food-- very bland and unmemorable.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara, CA
“Have the Nut Encrusted Halibut”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had the nut encrusted halibut and the scalloped potatoes--out of this world--delightful. Our server, Rusty, was hands down the best server...friendly and helpful. If you get a chance to ask for him--do so, you won't be disappointed.

Visited September 2013
Arroyo Grande, California
“Good food & space”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My family met for dinner at this restaurant on the advice of a friend. We'd made a reservation and were glad we had when so many people had to wait for a table. The restaurant is located in a shopping plaza so there is plenty of parking space for diners. We were seated in a booth that was made for up to six persons. I mention this in the review because there was actually ample space for our group in this booth. In too many restaurants seating is maximized for the benefit of the proprietor and not the comfort of the diners. The service we received throughout the meal was prompt and friendly.

The dinners we ordered were everything from fish and chips to sea bass and swordfish. One guest had a beef course but regardless, all entres were excellently prepared and delicious. The portions were of a reasonable size - not too much extra and enough to satisfy everyone's hunger. I had the swordfish and it was prepared perfectly for me. My wife had salmon and she was equally pleased with her dinner.

The only negative came from my wife who didn't like the ice tea, which she said was made from a mix and not from fresh-brewed tea.

This is an excellent restaurant for people interested in a seafood dinner and who aren't prepared to drive the 150 miles from Fresno to the Pacific Ocean for a meal!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Seafood, Great Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fantastic seafood and great salads as well. Service was very efficient and attentive. The booths are very small and uncomfortable however, but we did enjoy our evening.

• Visited August 2013