“If You Like Seafood You'll Love This Place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Blackstone & Nees
Oakland, California
“If You Like Seafood You'll Love This Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This fish restaurant is as good as anything you get along the California coast. The portions are small and I'd order a side plate to add to the two you already get. The stuffed artichokes and beet salad were both very good. I imagine the smaller portions is due to the high price of good fish. They also have steak and chicken for those who don't like fish, but this is primarily a seafood place.

The wait staff is friendly and helpful. The bar is very active and has four screens with ballgames on. The place tends to be noisy so if you want to have a romantic evening and talk, this ain't the place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bakersfield, California
“Fish in the Valley?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was shocked at how good this place is. My wife suggested it as she had eaten there before. I had my doubts as I am not a bif fish eater. I don't care for the fishy taste. Wow! was I pleasantly surprised. I do not normally eat clam chowder but after trying a bite I was hooked. I had to order a bowl for myself. I also had a very good Wilted Spinich Salad with Bacon and Fetta Cheese that was very good and a petite portion of fish and chips. Everything I had was increadable. I will definatly go back next time I am in Fresno. The decor and atmosphere is very nice with a few T.V.s around to watch a ball game if you choose. The sound is down so it does not disrupt conversation. Very clean building and the staff was very nice. I would encourage everyone to try this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fresno, California, USA
“Strap on a bib and get elbow deep in this pot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Iron pot cioppino is just that, they bring you a Iron Pot full of Seafood fit for a king with a bib. This portion can feed four and just for the record I did not share. My motto, when eating out is " Get your own" . Truly this ranks second in my pursuit of Cioppino excellence from coast to coast, got to meet our chef, Ryan Fields that man can cook. Wishing all who will take this challenge to enjoy the best cioppino in the Valley good luck finding the bottom of the pot.

Almost for got the warm French bread for dipping.

Dutch Harbor, Alaska
“good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Large windows that allowed a nice fresh breeze was nice .. The Oyster shooters was great'' the grilled artichokes was very good .. the two entrees we selected both was great overall we had a really good time for lunch here

Fresno, California
“Inland coastal dining getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have nothing but exceptionally great things to say about Pismo's. We moved to Fresno after living in downtown San Diego and was so sad to not have our favorite restaurant by us anymore. We were sad to leave the Fish Market behind until we came across Pismo's! It's a great place to go on a date, take out of town guests and family to. Pismo's is my number one go to place. Every fish entree I've ordered I've enjoyed immensely! The calamari appetizer is 5 star along with their selections of clam chowda:) It's definitely better than some of the places I've ordered it on the SF Peir. If you choose to be wise and eat here; don't go without pairing your seafood with a beet and goat cheese salad. You won't be disappointed!