“Pismo in Fresno” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: Blackstone & Nees
Bakersfield, California
“Pismo in Fresno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The service was good and the place was nicely decorated. It was PACKED with people too.

The wedge salad was the best one I've ever had.

We've been there several times and I discovered, believe it or not, that my favorite thing on the menu isn't sea food, but the Kobe Beef Ribs. Delicious!

Visited January 2013

Lemoore, CA
“"You like seafood? Pismo's got awesome seafood!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Spent the day with friends celebrating our 20th anniversary on the Madera Wine Trail. Friends highly recommended we end the day dining at Pismo's where my wife and I had never been, AND WE LOVE SEAFOOD! Not sure why we've never been here before, but we'll be back again, and again. My wife ordered the shark but was told they were out. Well, it happens, not a big deal. So, it allowed her to try something different-blackened sturgeon. She absolutely loved it. She had a side of grilled artichokes and couldn't complain. I went with the scallops and calamari. Probably the best calamari steak I've ever had. I can see this place getting packed in the evenings. Our group of 10 arrived at about 5:00 on Saturday and had about a 10 minute wait, not a big deal at all. But by the time we left, it was getting crowded, and I can see why.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Branch, Michigan
“Incredible in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was in Fresno as part of a vacation and wanted seafood. This place was recommended and exceeded all expecatations.The service was great and the food was outstanding.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mariposa, California
“Our favorite lunch spot in Fresno”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Being true valley people we always love the idea of a little of Pismo Beach in Fresno. When Pismo's opened, we had to try it. Now, even though we live 70 miles away and only get there a few times a month, we are welcomed like everyday guests and neighbors. The food is always fresh and tasty....the drinks are prompt and yummy...and the bill is more than reasonable. I swear the staff recognizes us as we walk in the door, and are always glad to see us. On the rare occasion that one of us arrives late, we never have to explain who we're looking for, they KNOW! The lunch specials are generous, delicious, and more than reasonably priced. The wine specials are always good.

On the rare evenings we are there, the service and food has always made it worthwhile. It's a popular place, so be prepared to wait if you're there at "peak" times.

Realize this is also a local place for the people in the immediate vicinity...and we often run into people we know. This beats ALL the other places to eat in River park and the surrounding area. Thanks to Pismo's for being there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore, Singapore
“The Crab Cakes - Oh the Crab Cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

God's gift to Fresno...... that is what Pismo's is...... the food is delicious to say the least..... the environment is so lively and cosy at the same time..... I ate here almost every day..... The fish was very fresh ..... loved the Cod and the Sea Bass..... the cooking was consistent and perfect...... the crab cakes......cant have enough of them......

Visited January 2013