“Satisfied in Fresno” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Albuquerque, United States
“Satisfied in Fresno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

One of the best breakfast bars I have had in any La Quinta. Very Friendly and helpful staff. Price is a little high for the area of the city where the hotel is located which is also directly across from the railroad tracks. Rooms and beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQGeneralManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write. I am glad you found the breakfast satisfying.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Orange Vale, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed one night at this LQ. It was a typical LQ experience - a little pricier than a bargain hotel - and a very nice room that was significantly more comfortable than a typical bargain hotel. When we consider the value of the breakfast and what it saves us from spending in a restaurant, it makes the cost extraordinarily competitive. The mattress was a little firm for my taste, but if you like a firm bed, it would have been fine. We did not use the pool or any services. This was a stop on the road - a very pleasant stop. If I'm in the areas again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your kind words. We do try and keep the value in line with the cost. Hope to see you here again.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Needed a place to stay for quick nights sleep on both ends of Yosemite Wilderness backpack week and chose this with savings of about $30-$40 over other options. The desk staff was very nice on both visits and the night guy got me fresh coffee at 5am before I left. However, on my 2nd visit I got Room 323 and if you plan to sleep past 4.30am AVOID this room or any of the 23s I assume. The Laundry storage is next door and the rolling carts are very noisy and WILL wake you up. My other issue is while the rooms are clean there are dirty fingerprint marks all over the bathroom door which shows a lack of attention to details when cleaning. Both of my rooms had dirty doors including the entry door. I also found the TV reception to be poor with a fuzzy picture. The hotel WiFi was painfully slow so best if you have Verizon or AT&T. I did not use the breakfast so cannot comment. One bonus is 'In & Out Burger an easy walk.

Room Tip: avoid rooms x23 (laundry next door) and rooms facing train tracks (blow horn at busy Shaw Ave crossi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
I am sorry to hear about the problems you experienced. I will review the issue with the noise at 4:30am. That will be corrected. Our WiFi has been upgraded and we are constantly running maintenance and clean up in the Hotel. That you for bringing these issues to my attention.
American in Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I booked this through Hotwire for $60 and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was not far from the 99 freeway, yet far enough to be fairly quiet. I got there a bit early, but efficient and friendly front-desk managed to get me a room without too long a wait. I was on the third floor toward the back. The room was very new and clean with a great bed, easy chair and desk. The free internet worked well. I used the gym, which had several treadmills, an elliptical and a universal weight machine. A rather lackluster breakfast was included, which luckily included hard-boiled eggs along with the typical sugar-laden unhealthy fare. I hope Hotwire keeps throwing La Quintas my way in the future.

Room Tip: As far away from the road and railway tracks as possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
We are constantly looking for ways to enhance breakfast within our budget. We do have scrambled eggs and sausage. I see you did find out about the train tracks. we blaock people as far away as possible.
Sunnyvale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I liked the stay. The room was very clean. The check-in and checkout process was a breeze (i checked in late around 9 PM). The A/C unit worked as expected and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very clean. The breakfast was good. The hotel is very close to the underground gardens and few casinos. A nice stay overall.

Room Tip: Get higher floor rooms to avoid road noice
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you found us clean and comfortable.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Room 130 WORST Room Ever
On a road trip drove 11hrs, checked in 9pm great room and got comfy. I fell asleep around midnight in hopes of sleeping till 7am. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! 5am on a Wednesday morning the garbage truck is my wake up call. Then other guest start to leave and the head of my bed is on the same wall as the exit door. So when you call the front desk no one is available at 520am to discuss that you just paid $110 for 5hrs sleep.
WARNING SIGN ROOM 130 SUCKS

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQGeneralManager, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay went so poorly. I will be doing everything I can to minimize those problems. I will be looking into changing the garbage day/time. I'm not sure how much I can do about the noise from the hallway but I will find out. I am disturbed about nobody being available for the problem resolution. I WILL be discussing that with the night audit. Again my apologies.
FRESNO, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

breakfast needs lots of work older staff great young woman bored and not clean location fine for George fox graduation but noisy next to freeway and roudy sports team adults staff unsure of getting them quiet

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest? Share your experiences!