“A new, pleasant facility” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5077 N. Cornelia Ave, Fresno, CA 93772   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Ukiah, CA
“A new, pleasant facility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here one night in March while on business in Fresno. The facility is quite new, well-designed and well-furnished, and is in a fairly quiet location (one could occasionally hear a train horn far in the distance). It's convenient to Hwy 99 and the businesses along Shaw Avenue. Staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast room was of adequate size and had a good selection of items. The room rate charged was very reasonable (AARP discount). I'd definitely stay here again the next time I'm in the Fresno area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Get off at Shaw exit.
Large new facility. We had a King on the third floor $89 + tax=$110.76
Elevators.
Large room clean, very new, comfortable bed.
Breakfast with cereals, fruit, several types of yogart, waffles (though only one wafftle maker), egss two ways and sausage etc.
Outdoor pool and jacuzzi not in operation the night we stayed.
Close to many restaurants and gas stations. Several blocks off freeway so you might want to use your GPS to find or just get off at Shaw street and go east.
Note there is a train that is several blocks away. Our room was not facing the train. My husband woke up at 4AM to make a bathroom stop and heard it but then back to sleep.
I never heard anything.
Very friendly front desk staff.
I would definately stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the train tracks that is several blocks away.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while in town visiting family. The service we received was wonderful. Everyone we came in contact with went out of their way to greet us and make us feel welcome. The room was clean and comfortable. I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stopped here without a reservation and was concerned that I would be "gouged" on the room rate. I was very pleased when the rate quoted when I requested a room was the same as I had seen online, earlier in the week, in fact, a little less because she asked if I qualified for any discounts, ie, AAA, AARP, etc.

One reason I chose LQ was because they are pet friendly and I had my cat with me. The room was typical LQ; nicely decorated, clean and quiet. Breakfast had a very nice selection to choose from: scrambled eggs, bacon, cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast, etc.

First impressions are so important, and Ty and Brandy both do an excellent job at the front desk!

If I ever need a place to stay in Fresno, this will be my choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very nice place to stay. Did have the train go by that was loud. Also, the motel was easy to find. Great location to the town as the location is on one of the main streets that lead right through town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Hollister, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We chose this hotel because they allowed pets and we had our Lab with us. The rooms are super clean and quiet. We could not be more happy! We will be staying there again with or without our "boys". Highly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Bottom floor was perfect for taking the puppy out in the middle of the night. Well lite outside so I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great front desk, clean rooms, price is right, and the breakfast lady kept things filled and tidy. Plus pet friendly! This is our second trip to this property and will definately return. What's not to love?!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest? Share your experiences!