“Horrible disgusting place” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Horrible disgusting place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Huge dead bug in the shower. Sink didn't work. Small old tv with buttons broken. No phone in room to call front desk. No bathroom amenities. Disgusting towels, found a dead bug in one of them. Horrible horrible place. Crime ridden area walking up stairs to my room I feared for my life. So scary. No key cards. They give u a used key that anyone could have a copy of. Doors not secure. Can enter with any credit card or plastic card easily. Horrible smell in lobby check in. Dirty dirty place .

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. Choose a name brand chain.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pleasant Hill, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

After some wrong turns, we finally found the hotel we had reservations for. Oh holy crap, was the place awful. Nice enough to look at. We pay, get the key and take a look around the lot. Obvious hookers on the corner should have been our first clue. We get to the room and I notice there's a hole in the door right where the peep hole should be. We go in and the bedspread is haphazardly thrown on the bed, so I pull back the cover and find filthy pillow cases. Go into the bathroom and find a dirty towel and a wash cloth (still wet) thrown over the towel bar. Look into the shower and the drain is busted with metal parts sticking up. Safety hazard! The toilet had a black fuzzy ring at the waterline and the seat was stained with...well, "stuff" Look in the "closet" and find a half bottle of what I think is water. The floor in the room is tile and was gritty. We were in there 5 minutes and said, "No way are we staying here!"
We go back to the office. Hubby puts the key on the counter and told them we refuse the room and why. They tried to get us to stay. We told them we wouldn't stay there if they paid us.
Obviously, this was one of the rooms they rented by the hour. The pictures on the website certainly do not match the room we were shown.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and go somewhere else with a reputable name.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The bathroom is falling apart!!!!!!! The room itself is okay it doesn't look that old everything looks a little upgrade, the owner here is rude and doesn't know how to communicate . It say pet allowed but they don't allow pets, the bed sheets are old and the towel is like sand paper!! Don't pay so much for this place ! I rather stay at a different place!

• Stayed May 2013
Owen Sound, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Where to start..

Driving up the street to the motel there was a hooker on each corner. There were even some prancing about in front of the motel. When we got inside the the check-in area there was an ominous sign that read "no refunds". Damn, it's too bad we already booked online, where they had plenty of misleading pictures. We had trouble from the moment we got there. The lady at the front desk said that the name on our credit card did not match the name on the booking. She didn't listen for a while and just kept saying "no". (She didn't speak very good English.) We helped her see that the name was the same. She finally got it but didn't apologizs or anything.

When we went back to our car to get our stuff we notice an older gentleman walking around the parking lot. We noticed him talking to himself and heading in our direction so we just got into the car and locked the door. He noticed us and started yelling obscenities at us. After he left we grabbed all of our things and bolted into the room. There were three locks on the door.. and even after we locked them all we didn't feel safe. We wanted to get the internet password, but the man was still wandering the lot swearing, so we picked up the phone to call front desk. Surprise! It didn't even work! The alarm clock was plugged into..nothing! not even an outlet near it. The T.V was about 15+ years old, had about 7 channels. Bathtub was falling apart (faucet coming out of wall, loose caulking around the bottom, shelf that holds soap had a giant crack in it).

When the man wen away and we got to the front desk we asked the lady to report the guy to the authorities and that we felt unsafe. She said no.

We tried to make the best of it.. but it was hard. The heater didn't work, and also, there is a train that runs less than 100M behind the motel. It was difficult to get a good nights rest because of the fear and the trains. Also, they advertise Queen beds.. I can assure you they are doubles at best. The lights are on a timer/sensor.. which we were unaware of. They suddenly went out when it was dark out.. scaring the crap out of all of us. Every horror movie I've ever seen flashed through my brain.

Anyway. It may be cheap.. but it is not worth it. You don't even get a good nights sleep and a hot shower out of it. And the breakfast... It was either Fruit Loops or Corn Flakes and weak coffee. Stay far away from this motel unless you are looking to put yourself in danger or just scare the crap out of yourself.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Canadensis, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The heater didn't work, no hot water, the queen size beds were more twin sized, the breakfast was minuscule. I felt very unsafe here, there were prostitutes wandering outside, and there were people up all night whistling and man looking at our license plate and trying to look in our window, there is also a train that goes by every 20 mins, the lady at the counter is in denial about how awful this place was. Oh and no refunds.

Room Tip: No room is a good room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was traveling from Portland, OR to Phoenix, AZ with my friend and her son stopping half way through my long trip in Fresno. I really wish I would have picked a nicer place to stay, when we were checking in the lady at the desk was asking my friend for a credit card, we had booked on hotels.com and used her debit card. I understand that a credit card and debit card are different but the reservation was prepaid. I didnt get the big deal.We go into our room and none of the lights worked untill my friend and I had to plug them in slightly annoying since we just wanted to lay down after being in the car for 12 hours. I fell asleep alright but my friend was very restless and we only stayed 6 hours in our room before hitting the road again. Area around the hotel and the hotel were the worst I have personally ever stayed at, this location was only selected for price since we were just passing through. Would not suggest this location to anyone.

Room Tip: Just pick a differnt hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

For me and my wife It was quite interesting I don't know what most expect for a 40$ Saturday night stay but this place had plenty of people watching (prostitutes) and great water pressure the room was old with a small tube tv and ceramic tile floor the bed was clean and well made, to me this place is somewhat intriguing the hotel is situated on golden state ave which was the old highway 99 the street is lined with run down vintage hotels and gas stations on one side and double train tracks on the other. Prrostitutes walk scantily clad up and down the street at all hours waving at passers by all-most as if it is legal pretty interesting as you can tell this area of town has had it's hey-day and is long gone despite its appearance and company it is very well lit at night

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Holiday Motel? Share your experiences!