“Worst Motel experience ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Holiday Motel
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1407 N Golden State Blvd, Fresno, CA 93728   |
Ranked #61 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Canadensis, Pennsylvania
“Worst Motel experience ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The heater didn't work, no hot water, the queen size beds were more twin sized, the breakfast was minuscule. I felt very unsafe here, there were prostitutes wandering outside, and there were people up all night whistling and man looking at our license plate and trying to look in our window, there is also a train that goes by every 20 mins, the lady at the counter is in denial about how awful this place was. Oh and no refunds.

Room Tip: No room is a good room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was traveling from Portland, OR to Phoenix, AZ with my friend and her son stopping half way through my long trip in Fresno. I really wish I would have picked a nicer place to stay, when we were checking in the lady at the desk was asking my friend for a credit card, we had booked on hotels.com and used her debit card. I understand that a credit card and debit card are different but the reservation was prepaid. I didnt get the big deal.We go into our room and none of the lights worked untill my friend and I had to plug them in slightly annoying since we just wanted to lay down after being in the car for 12 hours. I fell asleep alright but my friend was very restless and we only stayed 6 hours in our room before hitting the road again. Area around the hotel and the hotel were the worst I have personally ever stayed at, this location was only selected for price since we were just passing through. Would not suggest this location to anyone.

Room Tip: Just pick a differnt hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

For me and my wife It was quite interesting I don't know what most expect for a 40$ Saturday night stay but this place had plenty of people watching (prostitutes) and great water pressure the room was old with a small tube tv and ceramic tile floor the bed was clean and well made, to me this place is somewhat intriguing the hotel is situated on golden state ave which was the old highway 99 the street is lined with run down vintage hotels and gas stations on one side and double train tracks on the other. Prrostitutes walk scantily clad up and down the street at all hours waving at passers by all-most as if it is legal pretty interesting as you can tell this area of town has had it's hey-day and is long gone despite its appearance and company it is very well lit at night

• Stayed October 2012
Reno, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This motel is very scary and you should not stay here...ever!! We found the place easily off of the freeway, but were disappointed as we pulled in as there were a handful of prostitutes that were wandering around the place, going from room to room. This is the type of motel where people live. The owners seemed nice, but I was upset when I was charged for the stay, but felt so unsafe we left within 10 minutes of our arrival. I would not feel safe sleeping there, even for one night, and definitely not safe leaving my car there overnight. Overall a very scary experience and it is not even worth the $40!! Next time I will read reviews more closely and realize you truly get what you pay for! No stars, not even one.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fresno
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

stayed here for a night while driving to Yosemite. Right off of 99 highway. dont have to drive to much after exiting the highway. Room was comfortable..from the price point. Not too luxurious but more of a convenient motel.

Room Tip: ask for a room on ground level parallel to the office. Those have wood floors.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Glendale, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

The owners were very nice, the air conditioner was amazing as it was 108 degrees that day, the room stayed nice and cool. We never did see the pool or ice machine. The area is scary at night, and yes we did see a couple of prostitutes nearby. The breakfast (even though there is a picture of bacon, eggs, and such on their official hotel website) was a bowl of either coco puffs or fruit loops and pre packaged pasteries. The room was old and run down, however, the bed was EXTREMELY comfortable, and for the first time in months I woke up without back pain. It is the "nicest" looking hotel in the middle of 3 really bates motel looking places. The soap in the shower doubled as shampoo and the towels had rust stains on them... and the water pressure was lacking greatly. It was far away from anything good and no places to eat within walking distance... I guess because it's too scary to walk anywhere in that area. Also, bring everything with you into the room and leave nothing in your car at night. NOT a good value for the location it was in at all.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011 via mobile

The room was spacious and kept very clean. The staff were very helpful with advice and service.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Holiday Motel? Share your experiences!