“Near freeway and near walking distance to fast food!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #27 of 65 hotels in Fresno
“Near freeway and near walking distance to fast food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My brother had a band concert at the Convention center a few exits north of this hotel. Everything was booked so we went with this hotel for its closeness to the freeway. We walked in and were greeted immediately and given a choice of what floor we wanted.

Room: perfect. Clean, comfy bed, bathroom was a perfect size.

Service: excellent! They offered late checkout at 1:00, which was amazing since my brothers concert didn't start until 8:00 pm!

Fast food: the front desk gave us menus to restaurants that deliver to the hotel. Walking distance from the hotel; mc Donald's, Taco Bell, in and out, Wendy's, and KFC. Across the street is Denny's.

Overall, I would stay there again. It was a 10 minutes drive to the convention center, which wasn't bad at all. I am very pleased!

• Stayed March 2013

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Winchester, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

As usual, its a typical Holiday Inn Express. They are very consistent. For a 1 day business trip its fine. Friendly people, clean hotel, nice rooms. Next to several fast food restaurants. I would have no issue going back and staying there next time I was in town for a 1 day trip.

Room Tip: Dont pick a room overlooking the highway. it can be noisy. Face the In and Out its quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Granilte Bay, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Biweekly business trip with two night stay in a room on the second floor next to the freeway. I was told that king size beds are on that side of the building and doubles on the opposite side. Should have been told since i asked for a quiet room when i made the reservation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The kind and caring stafff are the only reason HIE South Fresno gets this rating. I stayed three nights in a King Suite that overlooked the freeway. The room was directly over the front entrance to the hotel.

I made an unexpected family related emergency trip to Fresno and didn't have a reservation so I paid full price. I checked in and put my things in the room and left. I returned later in the evening and had the worst night without sleep due to the noise from the freeway. Early the next morning I requested to change to any room facing east and was told there were NO other rooms available. The following day I made the same request with the same answer The front desk staff were very nice.and I was under so much stress that I didn't put up much of a fight. If I had been in my normal state of mind I would have packed up after the first night and left.

On my long journey home I realized that the hotel (the hallways, the lobby, the pool, breakfast room and the gym) had been pretty much empty the entire three days. I came to the only conclusion that I can think of is the front desk staff were told by management not to let me change rooms because I had a service dog.

I generally don't review things in a publc forum and definitely not in a negative way. But weeks later I am still thinking about my experience at this facility. THREE nights of no sleep because I had a service dog that someone thought would damage their rooms. My dog is cleaner than most people and is bathed every other day for the very reason that he enters public places.

The desk staff, house keepers, security guy (who walked with me at night to take my dog out) and the maintence guy (who came to fix the over heated air conditioner0 were some of the nicest people I have had the privledge of meeting. I hope the management realizes what great employees they have and that is the only reason they stay in business.

I did come into brief contact with the hotel manager at check out and was shocked at her rudeness and disconcern. This HIE has lost myi future business . There are many other hotels in Fresno in the same price range that can accomodate me, my family and friends in the future.

Room Tip: If for some reason you have no other options stay on the east side of the building that overlooks th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

There for the Labor Day weekend. Room very clean, linens clean, beds VERY comfortable. Had a good nights rest. Staff very professional and organized. Pool was adequate - bathrooms for the pool area VERY clean, but no bath towels for the sunbathers. Breakfast was satisfactory. Great value.

On the flip side of that coin: there was a variety of homeless, hookers and shady looking people there. I would recommend you checking your car to be sure everything is locked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on Sunday August 12th. This place is like brand new - super clean & the the staff were very helpful & nice.

Right off the freeway. This chain is the most modern in California & represent great value ( includes cooked breakfast )

• Stayed August 2012
Tahlequah, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We used this hotel as our launching point to Yosemite. We stayed here two nights.

We used 10k points to stay here. So we didn't expect much. The hotel was nice. Our room did face a huge junkyard. But our room was relatively quiet and we got a good nights rest here. Breakfast was the usual HIE fare. Internet was free and worked well. Parking was no problem here.

There is a In n Out burger next door. A KFC further out and another burger place. So lots of quick food choices.

The area is suspect. It seems to be over ran with vagrants. In the 2 nights we were there. My 19 y/o son was propositioned by a hooker and had 2 bums ask him for money. I had one guy try to sell me a bike and give him some food money. I'm not sure what the allure of this area is to these type of people. But they are evident around here. I would not be comfortable with a lady I cared about walking around this area unaccompanied. But the hotel did seem free of this.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the highway. You could see the highway from the room, but it was not d...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno South? Share your experiences!