You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7191 W. Kathryn Ave, Fresno, CA 93722   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #29 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
“Don't stay here ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Eww soo dirty and smelly. We stayed here for 2 nights because other hie were all booked. It's on w Kathryn av. The beds are uncomfortable, the room smelled, it was dirty, the ac was really loud, we could see the railroad tracks from our window the trains passing by are loud if you are a light sleeper. The employees are rude and unprofessional. There was a dead water bug outside our door in the hall. It's the worst, I felt like we stood at sum kinda motel. I bet motel 6 is better. There's a Asian woman working at front desk she's a cold blooded rude woman, Too hard to explain but trust me. ( In fact she's the reason Iam writing this review because of her attitude I decided to let everyone know about this dump) plus there's a Hispanic guy working there we asked him for a cart for our luggage but he said we gotta go look around for one are selves They are all unprofessional not what you'd expect from a hie or any hotel. It's a waste of money We paid for a good night sleep and didn't get it. Ps the Danishes at breakfast are not good at all. Hopefully things change and are different for you if you have to stay here.

Stayed May 2015
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Thankujesus,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and we are truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. We will take your feedback and apply the necessary changes to improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2015

We stayed here one night. Very friendly service upon check in. The room was very clean. Nice large room and very comfortable. Very modern and very up to date décor. I highly recommend this place. We would be sure to stay here again if we are in the area again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
anywhere, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2015 via mobile

Super disappointed. We almost always stay at Holiday Inn Hotels. We like the usual consistency as well as the fact that -most of the time- service is good but this has to have been the worst experience at a HI.
First of all, when we walked in, there was no real welcome or greeting; it was more of a "you're interrupting us, what do you want" look from the woman and a man who were chatting behind the counter. I can usually get over that if it weren't for what followed later in the night.
After we had already settled in and were just relaxing watching TV, I felt a bite on my arm (which I had under the pillow). I checked the pillow to find a bed bug!!! (I'll upload a picture) We had never seen one so I Googled it (Internet is patchy and super slow at this hotel btw), and sure enough that's what it was. We called the front desk to complain and the guy's attitude was kind of like, "ok, soo what" WE literally had to ask HIM to move us to a different floor altogether. He asked us if we had a lot of stuff to move to which we said yes, although, to our surprise, he wasn't asking because we was gonna have someone help us; he just talked to us like we were dumb for asking for a different floor when it could've been easier if we stayed on the same floor.
Anyway, we hauled all our belongings by ourselves and it was the least restful night I have had in a long while. I kept feeling like I was being bitten all over (I was not), having dreams that I was getting bitten; it sucked. I kept waking up paranoid.
I hoped that in the morning there would be some sort of apology, maybe a discount, or something, anything on account of the huge inconvenience this experience was yet there was nothing (mind you, you also have to take a lot of precautions to make sure you don't take the infestation home; bed bugs can survive in your luggage without eating for ONE YEAR). I hoped it would come in the weeks following (that's why I waited to write a review) but there was NOTHING. We were charged our full amount and they acted like nothing ever happened (mind you I brought to up again at the counter).
And no, I am not interested in contacting the management because it should not take THIS for them to do something about it. They proved they care very little about your experience once you've paid as long as you don't expose them.
One of the bites is still bothering me by the way. I'll upload a picture.

• Stayed December 2014
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, January 12, 2015
Dear globetr0ter,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and we are truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. It is our goal to consistently ensure our service is superior and it is very disappointing you found the service you received less than satisfactory. We have taken note of your comments and will share these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Again, we do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Awful. A block of rooms was reserved for the wedding we were attending in the area. Upon check-in, my parents room had just been painted and the paint had not dried, in addition to masking tape everywhere in the room. They were moved to a handicap room and could not hang their clothes anywhere. When we checked in, we were placed on a different floor away from the rest of the wedding guests. On the day of the wedding, we asked for the shuttle to take the group of us to the site and were told that while the shuttle was meant to transport guests, they had no driver. Yet as we were standing there waiting for a taxi, the shuttle pulled up with a driver and people. The pool was taped off, as well. Now to the best part, this hotel is LOUD. Do not stay here if you cannot endure being woke by the train blaring by every 15 minutes during the night.....the tracks are across the street! On the other side of the building is the freeway. Beyond all that, the room and breakfast was nice but you would do best finding someplace else to stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Dear Christie Y,

I apologize for the inconvenience you and your family members experienced during your recent stay with us. I appreciate your time, I will take your comments as feed back and communicate it to all the staff members to avoid similar situations in the future.
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno Northwest Herndon property.
Livonia, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My family of 4 (2 A, 2K - 11, 13) stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The first night we arrived around 9pm after a long day at Universal Hollywood and traveling. When we checked in, we received a 10% off coupon for Yukon Jacks right across the street. That's where we headed and had a wonderful, late dinner. After dinner (around 10:15pm), upon entering our room we walked into a sweltering hot room as the a/c was not turned on. Needless to say that an hour later when we plopped into bed, it was still very warm in the room.

The room was nice and large, king bed, pull out sofa, sitting chair, desk, desk chair, kitchenette area with sink, small fridge (no freezer), and micro. Disappointed that they did not have rollaways at all. The fan on the a/c unit only has one setting of high. So, it was very noisy in the room. So it's either loud traffic noise or loud fan.

The bathroom was a nice size and had built in cubbies in the wall for accessories which was nice. The bathroom door is a heavy door that closes automatically and there is no fan in the bathroom. We had to prop the door open with a shoe so that the bathroom would get air to it. I even put a tissue near the vent on the bathroom ceiling to see if that was working and it just fell.

The bathroom only had three towels even though I put the four of us on the reservation. I went to the front desk for an additional towel and an extra blanket since my son decided to sleep in the chair. I received a towel, but the only blanket they could offer is the one that they put on top of the bed near the end. I then asked for a flat sheet.

The morning breakfast was yummy with eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, bagels, yogurt, cereal, pancakes in a minute flat and beverages.

After breakfast we headed out for a long day of ziplining and exploring Yosemite. We again didn't arrive back to the hotel until around 9pm. Upon entering our room, it was again very hot and stuffy as the a/c got turned way up. Also, again there were only three towels in the room and the extra sheet was gone. I headed to the front desk where I was told they were out of towels and handed me two pool towels that I told were just the same. I looked at the young gentleman and said that the pool towels are not even close to bath towels. He replied, "That's why I gave you two." uuuugggghhhhhh!

Additional: Didn't use the pool, but is on the small side. The internet was good, but slow at times especially when pulling up maps. No in room safe. We arrived to the hotel late both nights, but they have an evening reception. Lots of shopping down the street.

Nice stop on way to explore, but wouldn't stay for any length of time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
LoveVacations,

We appreciate your feed back regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon hotel. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience during your last visit. We hope to have you back during your future visits to Fresno/Yosemite area.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We arrived at this property without a reservation after a dismal experience at a motel in Sequoia NP. Needless to say, we were tired, dusty, and in need of extreme comfort. We were not disappointed! Although without a reservation, Yuri at the Front Desk went the extra mile by finding we had unknown rewards points on file and actually held a room for us while corporate did its thing to secure us a free room! The property was clean, efficient, and everything we needed - quite a contrast to our experience the prior night! Thanks to the entire property for our return to civilization!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Fresno Northwest-Herndon. We are pleased to hear that we provided an excellent service by going the extra mile.
Livermore, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I travel to Fresno for work and this was the first time staying in this Holiday Inn Express. The staff is very pleasant, rooms are clean, great deal with breakfast included but the noise is miserable. I tried to drown out the sound with fan but that is also loud. If it wasn't for the noise I would give it a higher rating.

• Stayed July 2014
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Travelgal38,

I would like to thank you for the positive feed back from your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fresno Northwest property. We value your time and hopefully next time you are in Fresno we can accommodate your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fresno Northwest property.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon? Share your experiences!