“HI Express NW Fresno--comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7191 W. Kathryn Ave, Fresno, CA 93722   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Asheville, North Carolina
“HI Express NW Fresno--comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

A very comfortable hotel in NW Fresno. Quiet, clean rooms with excellent service. Very high speed internet service...great for streaming movies. Breakfast room and food good value. We have stayed at this hotel many times and will do so in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located right off the 99 at Herndon Ave. It was clean and well maintained and it was a good value for the rate that I got. Friendly staff greeted me when I arrived and acknowledged my Platinum status with IHG. The room was big, clean and maintained well. Not a fan of the shower head but if thats my only compliant then so be it. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. I travel for business alot and there is a brand new shopping center that just opened as I have a store in it. The restaurants in the area are slim pickings right now, but in about 6mo to 1 year from now many more selections in that center will be available. Enjoy...

Room Tip: My room faced the 99 and it was noisy. Put the fan on high in the room and it will drown out the sou...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had great stay at this hotel.
We had been on the road for 6 hrs. and came upon this hotel right off the hwy 99. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The suite was very large and decorated beautifully. Upon our check in the staff informed us that they had a happy hour that included free wine. beer and soft drinks and appetizers very enjoyable. The breakfast was very nice as well . There was a restaurant with in walking distance Yukon Jacks good food and spirits . Gas stations for fill up. And it's located in an upcoming developing area new shops and restaurants to be open very soon and very close. Over all great stay

• Stayed February 2014
San Bruno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Friendly staff, clean room, great breakfast selection. We did not realize when we booked it that the railroad was so close. My husband kept himself occupied counting railroad cars and that amused me no end. We only stayed the on night on our mini road trip. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
North Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I was so concerned about the noise from trains and the freeway (that I read in these reviews), that I asked for a room on the other side of the freeway. The first room they gave me on the first floor had the worst odor (I mean GROSS). I barely opened the door and I was overwhelmed by the smell. So I went to the front desk and said, "something's going on in that room, and I can't stay there.". The guy wanted to know what the smell was and I said I didn't know but it wasn't cigarette smoke. He gave me a different room down the hall.

When I went to move my car, I saw three people going into the original room where the smell was. One guy had a dustpan. I moved my car, and there was the guy with the dustpan walking away from the dumpster. What was in that room that smelled that had to be removed? I asked the guy at the front desk, and he said "it was nothing.". Really???

Now my new room also had an odor but not so bad. I turned on the a/c to help eliminate, but I'm sure I also got used to it. Sometimes old hotel rooms have a musky smell, but this place is too new to have weird odors in rooms.

As far as cleanliness and notice goes, this place is great. I heard a train once, but I love trains. The room was clean. Breakfast was good....bacon, biscuits and gravy (scrambled eggs too)!

It's a great place to stay if you are traveling the 99; otherwise I woldn't stay here....too far off the beaten path.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear K8Mac1,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno Northwest. I apologize for the inconvenience with the first room. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast and clean hotel during your stay.
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fresno Northwest
Grass Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A very nice facility and staff. Nice rooms, good breakfast. BUT, there can be a noise problem. We stayed there on a Sat. night March 23 on the third floor, the heating/air was very loud and there was train noise. The breakfast was above average and the staff was friendly and courteous. We returned on Wed. night and were given a room on the 4th floor that was unacceptable, The fan in the bathroom ran constantly and made a high pitched sound that could be heard from the bed. We asked to be moved and were moved to the room next door that had the same problem. We were then moved to the third floor where we had a good night's sleep. (We turned the heating/air off!)

Room Tip: Don't choose a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear NanGS_10,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on the 4th floor. I would like to thank you for your patience on moving rooms to the 3rd floor. I am glad we were able to find the right room for you.

Thank you very much for your feedback we will use the information provided to make better decisions on fans and air conditioning systems.

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were having some remodeling done to our home and had to stay in a hotel for 3 nights. This hotel is very close to home. The staff was great. The room was immaculate. I have to say that the free breakfast was much more than I anticipated. There was a wide selection and the quality was great. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Diefishing,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Fresno Northwest-Herndon hotel; we are pleased to hear that we provided an excellent service during your stay with us. I hope to see you and your family members again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon? Share your experiences!