You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Grass Valley, California
“A noise problem”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A very nice facility and staff. Nice rooms, good breakfast. BUT, there can be a noise problem. We stayed there on a Sat. night March 23 on the third floor, the heating/air was very loud and there was train noise. The breakfast was above average and the staff was friendly and courteous. We returned on Wed. night and were given a room on the 4th floor that was unacceptable, The fan in the bathroom ran constantly and made a high pitched sound that could be heard from the bed. We asked to be moved and were moved to the room next door that had the same problem. We were then moved to the third floor where we had a good night's sleep. (We turned the heating/air off!)

Room Tip: Don't choose a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear NanGS_10,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on the 4th floor. I would like to thank you for your patience on moving rooms to the 3rd floor. I am glad we were able to find the right room for you.

Thank you very much for your feedback we will use the information provided to make better decisions on fans and air conditioning systems.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were having some remodeling done to our home and had to stay in a hotel for 3 nights. This hotel is very close to home. The staff was great. The room was immaculate. I have to say that the free breakfast was much more than I anticipated. There was a wide selection and the quality was great. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Diefishing,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Fresno Northwest-Herndon hotel; we are pleased to hear that we provided an excellent service during your stay with us. I hope to see you and your family members again in the future.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I would like to start by saying the management staff at this Holiday Inn Express is by far the best I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. My family and I were displaced due to a water rupture in our house and was placed in this hotel for a period of 3-4 weeks i can't remember.needless to say the management staff as well as the hotel staff made us feel welcomed the entire time we stayed at hotel. With all we were going through with plumbing problems in our home the staff at Holiday Inn Express made us so comfortable it was like we were staying in our own home. They made our situation less stressful and our stay there much more enjoyable that we are planning our sons graduation party next year and have already booked 25 rooms so far at this locations. Congratulation on your choice of people you picked as your management team. GREAT JOB!!!! Paul, Yuri, and Prisilla and the wonderful staff at Holiday Inn Express and we apologize if we left anyone out. Your all wonderful people and we can't wait for our family to stay here next June. Take care and God Bless you all.

Joe, Becky, Dante and Annie

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Joe, Becky, Dante and Annie it was a pleasure to have you in our hotel. We definitely will love to accommodate all of your family members and friends for all your future events. Paul and all his team would like to thank you for taking your time to provide your comments about our property.
Concord, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Hotel is located between Hwy 99 and railroad tracks. So if you are sensitive to noise you should keep that in mind. I've never had an issue with noise, if anything I find the A/C fan nosier than the trains. The rooms are nice and clean.
WiFi is slow but not really an issue for me. Would I stay here again? Yes

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
YuriBarajas, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Hello Ernesto,

I want to thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Fresno Northwest-Herndon property.
We are looking forward to have you and your family members back to our hotel during future visits to Fresno California.
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Motel was clean, staff was courteous, bed was semi-comfortable, bathroom clean BUT you come to a hotel to get some shut eye and there is no way you can sleep when trains are blaring all night long. As soon as you fall asleep, another one comes blaring through again. Do not stay here unless you are deaf!

Room Tip: rooms are fine so any will do as long as you do not want to sleep!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear linda8201,

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted that you took the time and trouble to acknowledge our staff. It is always hugely motivating when we hear positive comments from valued guests like you. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience due to the outside noise. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences and your comments will certainly be looked into.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was in Madera on business and planned to stay there. After a colleague informed me of a previous issue at a hotel there, I opted to drive a little further south to this location. I am glad I did. This was the first Holiday Inn brand hotel I've stayed at in at least 5 years, and I've renewed my trust in the chain.
The company seems to have taken a great effort in updating and refreshing all of its properties. This location was clean and comfortable. At check in, I received a gift bag with some water and snacks. This was a pleasant surprise and one I wasn't expecting. The king room was perfect and spacious. It was immaculate and left me feeling as they housekeeping really took time to make sure it was fully serviced in between guests. I really would have thought it had never been slept in previously.
I did see trains across the street, but not once did I hear them. I even had a room on the front side of the hotel. From reading some of the other reviews, I would imagine that some just can't be pleased no matter what. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to the area.

Room Tip: I really didn't hear any train noise during my stay, but I suppose you could ask for a room on t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I wont be staying here again. The hotel is OK if you just want to sleep and have ear plugs. About 10 trains that came honking through starting about 4 am every 20 min or so. My real complaint was the WIFI internet,. It was slower than dial up and pretty much worthless. I even called the desk and they said to come down and get a cable so I could plug in but when I got to the desk they said they did not have any cables. So why did you tell me to come down and get one???

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear beach294,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry for any problems you encountered with the internet. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate department. While I understand your stay was not completely satisfactory I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon? Share your experiences!