“No sleep with blaring trains all night!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7191 W. Kathryn Ave, Fresno, CA 93722   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“No sleep with blaring trains all night!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Motel was clean, staff was courteous, bed was semi-comfortable, bathroom clean BUT you come to a hotel to get some shut eye and there is no way you can sleep when trains are blaring all night long. As soon as you fall asleep, another one comes blaring through again. Do not stay here unless you are deaf!

Room Tip: rooms are fine so any will do as long as you do not want to sleep!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear linda8201,

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted that you took the time and trouble to acknowledge our staff. It is always hugely motivating when we hear positive comments from valued guests like you. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience due to the outside noise. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences and your comments will certainly be looked into.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was in Madera on business and planned to stay there. After a colleague informed me of a previous issue at a hotel there, I opted to drive a little further south to this location. I am glad I did. This was the first Holiday Inn brand hotel I've stayed at in at least 5 years, and I've renewed my trust in the chain.
The company seems to have taken a great effort in updating and refreshing all of its properties. This location was clean and comfortable. At check in, I received a gift bag with some water and snacks. This was a pleasant surprise and one I wasn't expecting. The king room was perfect and spacious. It was immaculate and left me feeling as they housekeeping really took time to make sure it was fully serviced in between guests. I really would have thought it had never been slept in previously.
I did see trains across the street, but not once did I hear them. I even had a room on the front side of the hotel. From reading some of the other reviews, I would imagine that some just can't be pleased no matter what. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to the area.

Room Tip: I really didn't hear any train noise during my stay, but I suppose you could ask for a room on t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I wont be staying here again. The hotel is OK if you just want to sleep and have ear plugs. About 10 trains that came honking through starting about 4 am every 20 min or so. My real complaint was the WIFI internet,. It was slower than dial up and pretty much worthless. I even called the desk and they said to come down and get a cable so I could plug in but when I got to the desk they said they did not have any cables. So why did you tell me to come down and get one???

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear beach294,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry for any problems you encountered with the internet. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate department. While I understand your stay was not completely satisfactory I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Rooms were large and nice. Bed was very comfy more then normal HI. I had no train noise issue at all. The front desk staff was very attentive and they cooked multiple batches of cookies unlike many of these hotels that cook one and done.

Fresh coffee all night also made me happy.

Only gripe is not weights in the fitness room. More and more of the HI are getting awayd from any machines cause the put their workout areas in tiny rooms. Wish they would spring for a set of powerblock dumbbells. I run out side but would love to do some weights.

Shower only room which is also a negative to me. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: I had room 200 and had no complaints.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night for a wedding. I will NEVER stay at this hotel. The hotel is located between Highway 99 and the train tracks. It is common to prefer a room away from the highway and they fullfilled the request. I was warned by another review that the trains would not be an issue but the trains ran throughout the night starting at 11pm. I hardly slept! I could hear the trains and feel the rumble from them passing by. I had my family so I could not request a room change. The next time we stay in Fresno I will book a place near Highway 41.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Cristina831,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that your stay was disturbed by ambient noise surrounding the hotel. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
Blue Mountains, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

A little out of town but very clean and right on the freeway.

Room Tip: Quick breakfast and the food was good.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Southampton,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

This is an excellent facility, Great helpful staff. Good location for visiting the National Parks.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon? Share your experiences!