“Been a while since I've been to a HI i could rate very good/excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon to your Saves list
IHG Orbitz.com
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7191 W. Kathryn Ave, Fresno, CA 93722   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #17 of 65 hotels in Fresno
“Been a while since I've been to a HI i could rate very good/excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Rooms were large and nice. Bed was very comfy more then normal HI. I had no train noise issue at all. The front desk staff was very attentive and they cooked multiple batches of cookies unlike many of these hotels that cook one and done.

Fresh coffee all night also made me happy.

Only gripe is not weights in the fitness room. More and more of the HI are getting awayd from any machines cause the put their workout areas in tiny rooms. Wish they would spring for a set of powerblock dumbbells. I run out side but would love to do some weights.

Shower only room which is also a negative to me. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: I had room 200 and had no complaints.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night for a wedding. I will NEVER stay at this hotel. The hotel is located between Highway 99 and the train tracks. It is common to prefer a room away from the highway and they fullfilled the request. I was warned by another review that the trains would not be an issue but the trains ran throughout the night starting at 11pm. I hardly slept! I could hear the trains and feel the rumble from them passing by. I had my family so I could not request a room change. The next time we stay in Fresno I will book a place near Highway 41.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Cristina831,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that your stay was disturbed by ambient noise surrounding the hotel. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
Blue Mountains, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

A little out of town but very clean and right on the freeway.

Room Tip: Quick breakfast and the food was good.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Southampton,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

This is an excellent facility, Great helpful staff. Good location for visiting the National Parks.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed here early this month for one night due to the proximity of a wedding that I was attending. This is a newer hotel built off highway 99 just north of Fresno. Check-In here was great and as a Priority Club member I was offered a "thank you bag" filled with a few small candy bars, a bottle of water, and microwave pop-corn. My room was bright, clean, and pretty standard for a HIE. Bathroom was well appointed and very clean. The water pressure was great in the shower, almost too intense! My room ad a large flat-panel TV, mini-fridge, and microwave with plenty of storage. The iron was new and worked great, but the ironing board seemed cheap and flimsy compared to similar hotels. I had a west-facing room that looked out onto highway 99. Not the best view, but there was absolutely NO freeway noise. This was great compared to many road-side hotels I have stayed in.

The breakfast area was clean and well appointed, with a great attendant. However, the food was bland and seemed boring compared to the last HI i stayed at. It was the same fare, but was not very satisfying. However, there is a Stabucks across the parking lot and several restaurant nearby.

I used the business center to print out my boarding passes and it was great. They had a brand new HP computer with large screen and laser printer available free of charge to guests.

Check out was great, with my bill left under the door the night before. Overall, this is a great hotel.

I did not use the pool or fitness areas.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east avoid the highway view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
san fran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

nice place, new, north Fresno on the main rd to Sacramento. Nice place to stop if you are here at the end of the day. The valley from Bakersfield to Fresno is disgusting. Its almost like the top layers of Dante hell....smog filled valley devoted solely for agriculture and nothing else. It really
feels and looks weird. I feel sorry for anyone who has to live in this valley. But this hotel is
a nice diversion from this sorry landscape.

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Brownsburg, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011 via mobile

This is a very nice, relatively new Holiday Inn Express. All of the fixtures are still nice, and my bed was more comfortable than most HIEs. Breakfast was the usual, but it was hot and well stocked. Would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno Northwest-Herndon? Share your experiences!