“Open your wallet wide” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fresno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,008 restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Clovis, California
“Open your wallet wide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

A Saturday night at 7:15 reservation. Parking in the mall area is a disaster on Friday and Sat night, but I did not downgrade for that -- just be prepared if a weekend night. Table are nicely set. I told the waiter we would not be having wine and that he could remove the wine glasses, but he never did. We got one small loaf of hot bread and were never asked if we wanted more. We all ordered off the fixed menu. I had a 6 oz filet with 3 shrimp on top, a side of mashed potatoes and a greek salad. Dessert was a minature cheesecake and few pieces of almond bark. Price was $42.00 Coffee at end was an additional $3 and we had the calamari appetiizer for $14. My husband had the 16 oz rib eye for $56. Steak was hot, delicious and perfect. Shrimp was skimpy. Why even call it steak and shrimp if you are only going to give 3 small shrimp. Potatos were blah. They did not have baked potatoes and that was a dissapointement. Greek salad was good,but lettuce was mostly white iceberg. Not enough butter with bread. Service was attentive. When brought check, the bill for 4 of us was $235 (we only had ice water). I gave the server gift cards. He comes back tells me the cards had $275 on them and if I wanted to use the remainder for a tip, that would be very generous of me. Hmmm. I think I can be trusted to make my own determination of a tip without being coached about what would be "generous" of me. I did not appreciate at all the server suggesting that I use the remainder of my card balance for his tip. I did thoroughly enjoy the steak, loved the ambience of the resturant, and like the padded white table. Service was efficient and we were not made to feel rushed. I am not a fan of the a la carte menu, which it definately is unless you take the price fix menu. You end up eating out of two dishes because the steak comes on one mini plate and potatoes come in a small oval dish. You won't get stuffed, because portions are small on the $42 meal. Coffee was perfect, though I did have to remind server for more Splenda when he came for a refill. In short, nice place to eat. It has some shorcomings, but they are few. Most offensive was the suggestion for me to leave a $40 tip. That was 20% granted, but I like to think customers can do the math themselves. That was the bigget turn off. The waiter got his $40, but I'm not sure Ruth Chris' will get a return visit.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Friant, California
“Overpriced, overrated and lackluster service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was my first experience at Ruth's Chris. We were a party of 8 for a birthday celebration. Our waiters seemed distracted and did not give us information about the daily fish. I don't enjoy red meat so ordered Wild Salmon. They asked if I wanted it Medium Rare or Medium Well. I said I didn't want it dry so how about Medium. The fish arrived cooked perfectly on the thinner ends but the middle was squishy/slimy. I have eaten raw salmon sushi and it is Ok if firm, this was not firm raw but had the texture of not quite firm jello. I asked if they could cook it a little more. After 15 minutes or so, when everyone else at the table had finished their red meat, they brought my salmon back on a sizzling plate of melted butter. This was not how it was originally cooked (with butter) and the butter made the already rich salmon even more rich and after eating a few of the unburnt pieces I gave up. My husband's filet was raw inside after ordering "Medium Well" but he said it tasted OK...not worth $40. If I hadn't ruined my appetite on the salmon I would have tried the Bread Pudding with Whiskey sause for dessert. We had to wave at the waiters several times during the meal to get service. I expected, for the prices, we would have had better service. Not EVER going back, even if someone else picks up the tab (unless I eat elsewhere first).

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fresno, California
“Great Steak!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a great dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House. The staff was very attentive, the steaks cooked like we ordered and expected and the side dishes were good as well. It's a bit pricy, but OK for a special evening out.

Visited December 2012
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Very good with impeccable service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Typical Ruth Chris experience, excellent food, excellent service. They made our Birthday celebration very nice and special. Request Brandon (Kenny) as he is an outstanding server and extremely knowledgeable about the menu and food preparation.

Visited December 2012
Fresno, California
“Always Consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

You can always count on getting a good meal at Ruth's Chris Steak House. The food selections are vast and even if you are a vegetarian there are many choices. The ambiance is great. You feel as if you are at a very upscale restaurant in San Francisco. The staff is always helpful and courteous. And, they have a great wine list.

• Visited November 2012