“Good food fast and reasonable” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 1,018 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Sanford, North Carolina
“Good food fast and reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

After consulting trip advisor on our way to yosemite we stopped off at this restaurant for lunch as my husband and I really enjoy meditteranean food!! We arrived at lunch time and were seated and welcomed right away. Staff was very friendly and helpful with menu suggestions. We wanted baba ganoush and hummus so they gave us a platter of half of one and half of the other so we didn't have to pay for both! I had the lebanese chicken dish because I wanted fatoush chicken and the waiter suggested for not even $1 more I could get pilaf added. Good choice! My husband got the chicken skewers and veggies which were also yummy. Food was reasonably priced and cheaper than some places we have been for the same type of food. Thanks Mediterranean Grill and Cafe and Trip Advisor!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, CA
“Inexpensive, Quick, Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had a casual lunch meeting at this local restaurant. The service was quick and efficient, and the food was excellent.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best local lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I have the urge for Mediterranean food for lunch this is where I go when downtown. Get here early as it is mobbed with people who work downtown. The portions are large, the prices fair, what more could you ask with delicious food guaranteed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Unique - Authentic - Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This is my overwhelming favorite for lunch, and it's a lunch only deal. This is a rare bird where 100% of the entrees are excellent. I don't believe there is a single can there; everything is market fresh. The chicken, lulu lavosh, kebab orbs, gyros are all cooked just right for tenderness, and spiced well, and in balance. The pilaf is better than Mom's...sorry, as are the dolmas, and baklava...sorry again. Quantities are enormous, and if you go out hungry, it's your fault! Plenty of parking across the street, and the brief walk serves to stimulate the appetite, and work off the meal. An excellent place for a lunch date, or a business lunch. Service is impeccable, under the Leary, all seeing eye of the owner, who sees everything! My favorite, by the way: the vegetarian plate - you get hummus, babaganoush, pita, dolmas, pasta, bulgur salad, fatoush salad, and falafel with a tasty sauce.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Get the hummus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I had time to kill in Fresno before catching a flight so we stopped by Mediterranean Grill & Cafe (about 10 minutes from the airport). Fortunately they open early (10:30am) so we didn't have to wait and we narrowly missed the crowd--if you're in a hurry, 10:30-11am seemed to be a good time to go. Their hummus was AMAZING! I was expecting good Mediterranean food after reading reviews for the restaurant, but this was seriously delicious! I had the shawarma and my husband had the combo kebab--we would recommend both! The prices were surprisingly low for such great food. We plan on returning soon!

• Visited February 2013