“Restaurant is on our must do list for Fresno” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 927 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Coppell, Texas
“Restaurant is on our must do list for Fresno”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I was in Fresno with my wife to see my family for the Holidays. We always go to Mediterranean when we visit family. The restaurant is just opened on the weekends and during the week. The owners are very friendly and know my father because he always brings his clients to restaurant. The food is great. I had the lamb kabob and my wife had the chicken fattoush salad. I have never been disappointed by the food or service. Lunch is always busy so be prepared to wait. I plan to continue tradition of eating at Mediterranean every time we visit Fresno.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Santa Ana, California
“What a wonderful meal with flavor and friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We were traveling through Fresno for just a few hours from Los Angeles to San Francisco and we wanted to visit with our friends who live there. They chose the Mediterranean Grill and Cafe for our lunch visit and we were glad that they did. It was just wonderful. There is a hustle and bustle about the place which gave it an air of excitement, and as we were there on a "working day", and not a weekend, the place was packed. Nonetheless, we were seated and had a really wonderful meal. The Falafal was a bit touch, I thought, but the salad dressing was to die for, as well as the hummus. As we were driving north later, we could still taste the garlic, and we loved it!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kannapolis, North Carolina
“Authentic and Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

I found this restaurant on tripadvisor and tried it for lunch on a weekday. Luckily we got there early, by noon the place was busy. We requested a recommendation for an authentic lunch and decided on the vegetable plate (dieting). The staff was friendly, the food was very good, portions were large and I felt like we were served some very authentic mediterranean cuisine. It is not a fancy place, but I will eat here again if ever in Fresno.

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Wow! Shocked that such authentic food could be found in Fresno!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

We have eaten multiple times at this restaurant for lunch, and havn't had a disappointing meal yet! We've tried several different menu items, my favorite is the beef souvlaki, my wife loves the gyro, and a friend loves the shawarma. They give a large portion and the price is excellent. At around noon during the week (M-F) the place gets packed, and sometimes you have to wait for a table. The restaurant really doesn't look like much from the outside, and the decor inside is very basic. But the food will knock your socks off! One caveat for lunch though, due to the crowds it does get very loud with all the conversations going on. Not the place to go for a quiet intimate lunch!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fresno
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I work down town and this is one of our favorite places to go. We always bring new people to lunch with us. I wish they were open in the evening or during the weekends.

Their garlic sauce is to die for. By far, my most favorite thing.

I usually get the beef or chicken.

The waiters are usually fun and nice and we are almost always in and out of there in less than an hour (we take our time to eat as well).

The also have diet Dr. Pepper.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere