“I don't need to go to SF for good Chinese Food anymore!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
California
“I don't need to go to SF for good Chinese Food anymore!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I hestitate to even mention how good this place is for fear of ruining my next experience. I don't want it to become over run with people who know good chinese food when they taste it! Thankfully, there are two Hunan Restaurants. When Hunan 1 is too crowded, my plan is to head to Hunan 2 on Herndon in Clovis.

I heard about this place from a friend at work. There is also a chowhound (SF food blog) review. Say no more.

OK-the food.
You are given two sets of menu's when you are seated. The regualar menu and the authentic memu. Are you kidding? We went straight for the authentic.
We ordered the house special lamb, house special pan fried noodles, butter cream prawns, basil chicken and dry cooked green beans. They were all unbelievable. I would re-order all of it again. There were 3 of us and we had enough for two of us to have leftovers the next day for dinner.

So now when I head to Fresno/Clovis to visit my in-laws, this is where we will eat.

I can not recommend it enough.

Service was outstanding. Restraraunt is in a strip mall, tucked away. It would be easy to miss. Which is fine by me. At least I know how to find it!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Food was delicious, and service was excellent!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

It was our first time eating there and when we walked in they immediately greeted us. While we were ordering the gentlemen was very friendly, and helpful.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best Chinese in the valley!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Hunan is delicious! My favorite is the Green Onion Beef. The beef is so tender that it melts in your mouth. My kids love the orange chicken, which is also fabulous. Since they came to Clovis, that is the location that we frequent. Yum! Yum!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fresno, California
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had Kung Pao Chicken (Chinese style) very spicy and delicious...hope you will try the restaurant, we need to keep this one in business.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fresno, California
“Reliably good; prompt service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We enjoyed another great dinner here -- with a difference. This time, the whole family had gathered for a memorial; and we had lots of different tastes to please. The solution was Hunan; with plenty of variety. My sister wanted food without MSG. We had a great variety of entrees, including divine shrimp (for my wife) and a vegetarian mushroom (for my niece, but I liked it, too). Needless to tell regulars: the chicken salad and pot-stickers were their usual best. I like the variety on the menu that will please a big crowd. No matter what we've ordered, it is consistently good. The set family-style dinners aren't "cheap" -- but are a good value (usually have left-overs to take home). The service is quite quick; although you won't be rushed to leave (our choice before a concert).

• Visited January 2013