“Horrible go elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1055 Van Ness Avenue, Fresno, CA 93721 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #36 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“Horrible go elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel because I was holding an event there the next day. Arrived and was told the air conditioning was out. From previous review it had been out for a while. Room was dirty. Event the following day provided excuse after excuse for everything. Ran out of lunch buffet was told enough food was made. At least 10 people didn't eat, burned cookies, only excuse was that everyone was new. No apology by management or attempt to make it right. Will not return and will tell others not to go there.

• Stayed May 2013
cdavis1987, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Jaytvo 14,

First of all we are very sorry that your stay did not meet the expectations you were looking for, and thank you for your response about your recent event. We are trying to be open and honest about the AC issue so as to best communicate to you and accommodate guests as best as possible while staying with us. We were able to get fresh plated meals for those that were not able to indulge in the buffet, but again we are sorry that the initial provisions were not enough for the group. Your feedback about this event will help us better plan for future events of similar size. We have the opportunity to take this feedback and grow into a hotel that consistently delivers above and beyond for all guests so thank you again.

Holiday Inn Downtown-Convention Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

If this hotel was in any other place than Fresno, I would give it a lower score. But there are SOME redeeming qualities.

The Bad: The AC was out when I checked in, however, this was not mentioned at check in. When I called to complain, they offered me another room. Which sounds nice, but was totally ridiculous because the entire hotel did not have AC! Why in the world would they allow me to move to a SMALLER room if there was no chance to be cooler? If I was not hot enough before, I was steaming mad after I took all the effort at 10pm at night to repack my things to another room. Every day they told me the AC would be fixed. 4 days later at check out, it was not fixed. To survive the heat, we had to keep the windows open. Every night at midnight, city workers would clean the park across the street with their truck radios blaring and we were "serendaded" with hip hop music. And then, on Sunday morning, at 0730, a DJ set up right below the hotel and started to "greet" the marathon racers because the half marathon ran on the street next the hotel. There was no warning or notice in the lobby or anything warning us of this marathon. It blocked the entrance to the hotel until 11am that morning-- and our guests scheduled to have breakfast with us had trouble gaining access to the hotel. A little notice would have been much appreciated! And finally, our in room phone was broken. We could never call down to the hotel desk during our stay-- I did wonder if perhaps that was by design given the number of problems we experienced. Maybe they unplugged me?

The Good: The staff was very friendly and tried to make the best of what was a bad situation. To try to compensate for the inconvenience, they gave us free breakfast coupons every morning. And the breakfast buffet that is normally $10.95 was really really good. Extremely fresh fruit, luscious berries, fresh coffee, several juices to choose from, etc. The wait staff was so friendly and attentive, they *almost* made up for the horrible night sleep.

The parking was plentiful during my stay in their underground parking lot. It was well lit and I saw the presence of a security guard from time to time. I felt secure parking there despite the downtown location.

To be fair, the room was the high quality that I have come to expect from my other Holiday Inn stays. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the sheets were pristine white. If the AC worked and I could have shut the windows, I would have really enjoyed my stay. Call and make sure that they do not have an AC problem or a marathon schedule before you book...lol

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tallgirl7,

Thank you very much for your detailed experience of your stay with us. The good things you expressed are great to hear, even though you did have other things that were not up to par with your expectations. With events such as the marathon it is a learning experience for us to know how to better communicate to guests all of the details that will affect their stay and we appreciate you letting us know. We hope to be of service again in the future should your travels bring you back to fresno where we can have the chance to go above your expectations.

Hillsborough, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We checked into this hotel - 98 degrees outside - rooms dirty - no air conditioned - we were advised that the air conditioning had not worked for the better part of 7 days - staff less then helpfull - I would not return to this property

Room Tip: do not come to this property
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Oegconsult,

We are sincerely very sorry that you had this experience while staying with us at the Holiday Inn Downtown Convention Center. If is of the utmost importance to us that our guests have a comfortable, friendly stay while they are with us. We are working very diligently to resolve this situation to make sure that no guests in the future have to have the same issue. I can assure you that we are taking into account all the feedback we are receiving to better handle the situation and improve upon the services we are offering, especially when problems arise. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Ok, it's Fresno so you have to lower your expectations. The room and hotel itself was great. I was quite surprised when I saw the lobby and room, it was a wonderful surprise. My room was clean and spacious with a flat screen tv. However, when you park your car in their parking garage, you are sharing the lot with a casino next door. I was literally scared in the neighborhood...almost like "I am Legend" where you have to run home when it got dark. The area is filled with homeless people lined up and down and behind the hotel. I deducted a star for having so many homeless people around the hotel and another star for having no restaurant inside. Yes, they claim they have a restaurant but if you ever try to eat there, it is awful and very limited. I mean, they will basically tell you that they have 2 dishes that day, you pick which one you want. Since the area is pretty dangerous, restaurants near by are limited.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the courthouse as you will hear the bus stop right outside your window. Sa...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear CakesALot,

Thank you for your candid feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We hope our location will not deter you from staying with us again.

Connie D
IHGCare
Alta Loma, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My experience was between average to above average until I saw the little mouse scurrying across the floor OF MY ROOM! Saw it just as I was getting ready to leave. It was not a good feeling. How did it get in there? Is that a housekeeping issue? I politely told housekeeping and the front desk that I saw a mouse in my room. The front desk person asked if there was anything she could do to make it up to me, like a free meal next time I came. I politely told her I there would not be a next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear thecoast61,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments have all been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Janice A
IHG Care
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

There aren't any 3+ star hotels downtown besides this one I believe. If you're looking to saty downtown, stay here. The prices are good and the rooms are clean and nice. It's right next to the Club One Casino which has really good food for a good price. I had an all around good experience. I stay here usually whenever I'm needing a room in Fresno.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the courthouse, it's much more interesting than the other side that ju...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
cdavis1987, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear A A,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. It's great to hear from our guests how they feel and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We will surely look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown again in the future. Thank you again.

Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown-Convention Center
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A typical nice well staffed hotel with nice, clean rooms. The hotel however is in downtown Fresno which is unfortunately full of empty stores, street people and not many places to eat. It does feel a little unsafe and I surely would not want to leave the hotel at night especially if I were a woman.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear srwolffy,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is pleasing to know that you found our hotel to be clean and the service received was up to par. I truly regret what you feel towards our location. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
IHGCare

Been to Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center? Share your experiences!