“Mouse in the house” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center

You added Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1055 Van Ness Avenue, Fresno, CA 93721 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Alta Loma, California
“Mouse in the house”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My experience was between average to above average until I saw the little mouse scurrying across the floor OF MY ROOM! Saw it just as I was getting ready to leave. It was not a good feeling. How did it get in there? Is that a housekeeping issue? I politely told housekeeping and the front desk that I saw a mouse in my room. The front desk person asked if there was anything she could do to make it up to me, like a free meal next time I came. I politely told her I there would not be a next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear thecoast61,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments have all been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Janice A
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

There aren't any 3+ star hotels downtown besides this one I believe. If you're looking to saty downtown, stay here. The prices are good and the rooms are clean and nice. It's right next to the Club One Casino which has really good food for a good price. I had an all around good experience. I stay here usually whenever I'm needing a room in Fresno.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the courthouse, it's much more interesting than the other side that ju...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
cdavis1987, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear A A,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. It's great to hear from our guests how they feel and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We will surely look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown again in the future. Thank you again.

Chase Davis
Front Office Manager
Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown-Convention Center
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A typical nice well staffed hotel with nice, clean rooms. The hotel however is in downtown Fresno which is unfortunately full of empty stores, street people and not many places to eat. It does feel a little unsafe and I surely would not want to leave the hotel at night especially if I were a woman.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear srwolffy,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is pleasing to know that you found our hotel to be clean and the service received was up to par. I truly regret what you feel towards our location. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

First of all, the location of the hotel was in a bad part of town. Hotel parking was located under the hotel, in the parking garage. The parking garage did not feel like a safe place to be.

The room was one of the worst hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. The maid did not do a good job, at all. There was something on the bathroom floor...in a couple of different places. It was brown and sticky. Enough said. I was very glad that I had slippers with me! There were also a couple of dust bunnies on the carpet. I

The bathroom sink was missing the stopper. The room was old and tired.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear RoadWarrior500,

Ferdinand G.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for a residency interview near downtown, in part because of a good deal negotiated with the program. The service is good. The hotel, hallways, and rooms are kind of dark, somewhat depressing, and fairly outdated. The room was big and fairly clean, but could use more light. The area around the hotel is also not the greatest or most exciting. This place is decent for a night or two if there is a good deal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear dsuar,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding service and cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding lighting. We will address this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Lafayette, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Located next to a somewhat seedy "Card Room" in downtown Fresno this hotel affords the traveler with a clean room and parking below the building. After that...well, that's about it. FYI - Make sure that the Heating/AC unit in the room is fully functioning. Otherwise, you just might find yourself rubbing your own legs together like a cricket throughout the night trying to create some heat...a practice that we found is rather exhausting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear NachaLibre,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Lera P
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was due to be at an evening function at a local Fresno club, so not wanting to drive, I booked the downtown Holiday Inn. The reception staff were great, everyone I met had a smile on their face and said hello. The building though was dull, dowdy very dark and sad. The room was clean, had been re-decorated but that was all I can say, the airconditioning just never worked.. The elevators were scary, slow and rattled, the hallways were dark, and it took me over 30 minutes to get room service, leaving three messages no one called back. I had to call the front desk and get put through to the bar for an order. The food was so so. Shame because its a prime location, they need to spend some money on the old place, and a little secuirty would go a long way, be carefull in the dungeon, I mean parking lot! I shall not return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Malcolm F,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. We give the utmost importance to your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret you received facilities and hotel service which was less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Again, than you for your feedback and I hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Been to Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center? Share your experiences!