“Best hotel in downtown Fresno” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1055 Van Ness Avenue, Fresno, CA 93721 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #35 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Fresno, California
“Best hotel in downtown Fresno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

There aren't any 3+ star hotels downtown besides this one I believe. If you're looking to saty downtown, stay here. The prices are good and the rooms are clean and nice. It's right next to the Club One Casino which has really good food for a good price. I had an all around good experience. I stay here usually whenever I'm needing a room in Fresno.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the courthouse, it's much more interesting than the other side that ju...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
cdavis1987, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear A A,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. It's great to hear from our guests how they feel and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We will surely look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown again in the future. Thank you again.

Chase Davis
Front Office Manager
Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown-Convention Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A typical nice well staffed hotel with nice, clean rooms. The hotel however is in downtown Fresno which is unfortunately full of empty stores, street people and not many places to eat. It does feel a little unsafe and I surely would not want to leave the hotel at night especially if I were a woman.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear srwolffy,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is pleasing to know that you found our hotel to be clean and the service received was up to par. I truly regret what you feel towards our location. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

First of all, the location of the hotel was in a bad part of town. Hotel parking was located under the hotel, in the parking garage. The parking garage did not feel like a safe place to be.

The room was one of the worst hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. The maid did not do a good job, at all. There was something on the bathroom floor...in a couple of different places. It was brown and sticky. Enough said. I was very glad that I had slippers with me! There were also a couple of dust bunnies on the carpet. I

The bathroom sink was missing the stopper. The room was old and tired.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear RoadWarrior500,

Ferdinand G.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for a residency interview near downtown, in part because of a good deal negotiated with the program. The service is good. The hotel, hallways, and rooms are kind of dark, somewhat depressing, and fairly outdated. The room was big and fairly clean, but could use more light. The area around the hotel is also not the greatest or most exciting. This place is decent for a night or two if there is a good deal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear dsuar,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding service and cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding lighting. We will address this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Lafayette, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Located next to a somewhat seedy "Card Room" in downtown Fresno this hotel affords the traveler with a clean room and parking below the building. After that...well, that's about it. FYI - Make sure that the Heating/AC unit in the room is fully functioning. Otherwise, you just might find yourself rubbing your own legs together like a cricket throughout the night trying to create some heat...a practice that we found is rather exhausting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear NachaLibre,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Lera P
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was due to be at an evening function at a local Fresno club, so not wanting to drive, I booked the downtown Holiday Inn. The reception staff were great, everyone I met had a smile on their face and said hello. The building though was dull, dowdy very dark and sad. The room was clean, had been re-decorated but that was all I can say, the airconditioning just never worked.. The elevators were scary, slow and rattled, the hallways were dark, and it took me over 30 minutes to get room service, leaving three messages no one called back. I had to call the front desk and get put through to the bar for an order. The food was so so. Shame because its a prime location, they need to spend some money on the old place, and a little secuirty would go a long way, be carefull in the dungeon, I mean parking lot! I shall not return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Malcolm F,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. We give the utmost importance to your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret you received facilities and hotel service which was less than satisfactory. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Again, than you for your feedback and I hope that you'll give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Zelyn N
Pigs Ear, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Misfortune after misfortune.

I got fixed at this facility by error. I was to attend a Judo tournament in West Clovis but accidentally got booked in this hotel. So I thought for one night I can stay.

On arrival the receptionist was extremely helpful but that was it .I checked in my 8th floor room and ventured down for a meal. At first I decided to venture the surrounding area and very quickly decided the area is so run down I don't wish to be mugged here. So I retreated back to the hotel.

I went to the restaurant.where I was greeted by a five foot tall and six foot wide battleaxe! I very patiently asked for just a piece of chicken with slices of cucumbers and tomatoes and onions. She kept interrupting with the phrase of "and croutons?" while I am explaining that due to cholesterol I cannot eat much else. She repeated the order to herself not missing the "and croutons". I also asked for a straight coke which I got in a small wine glass loaded with ice.The food eventually arrived. There was about 3/4 lb of chopped up lettuce, I slice of a beef tomato cut up to literally 100 pieces at the bottom of the vegetation with some cucumber skins and no trace of any croutons. Needless to say there was three strips of chicken breast laid on top of the greenery. I ate the chicken and decided to leave the rabbit food, That lot cost me $15.00 which I paid cash but they refused to give me a paid receipt but offered a 10% discount which I refused to accept and paid in full and in cash.

Moving on I went to my room at 7:00 PM and decided to have an early night as nothing was nice in this hotel. I thought I can try to get a morning call as I couldn't trust myself to wake up at 5AM to get ready for the task ahead next day. I tried the phone but the phone was not working so I ventured down to the helpful receptionist who agreed without admitting that the phones were out of order.While in the lobby she had to get rid of a homeless person who ventured into the hotel for a free stewed coffee. As I was trying to get to my room I noticed a bunch of Japanese / Korean teenagers with their supervisors arriving in and at least 5 of those people had tissues stuck in their nostrils looking like walruses.

Any way I crawled back seeking sanctuary in my room for the night, But the nightmare was just beginning. At approximately 9:15 PM there were huge number of African American women dressed in what could only be described as heavy curtains looking and more importantly sounding loud and flamboyant starting marching across the corridor outside my room. This was followed by a frighteningly loud thumping that was shaking this 9 story building to the point that the TV was vibrating in the room. This thumping which was the residue of the music being played somewhere in the building (I could not hear the music only the bass Thumps) continued until 12:20 Am and I was sitting wide awake dying to close my eyes.

I could not have dropped of more than 20 minutes I was woken up by the following message in the room"This is an Emergency Please leave your room and go to the lobby without using the elevators" followed by flashes of a xenon tube. At first I thought if I ignore the noise it would go away but 20 minutes later it did not. So I got dressed at 2:00 AM and went to the lobby not using elevators but the stairs .(Remember I am on the 8th floor) On arrival all the guests including the Flamboyant women and the walruses are all present except for the homeless who was seeking coffee earlier. We were told it was a false alarm and someone had let cigarette smoke go into a main smoke detector., By the time I managed to get into an elevator and get myself to bed was 3AM. At 5 AM I did get my alarm call and on my way out I was asked by the new shift had I had a pleasant stay to which I replied "don't ask!" I also wished to speak to a manager who was not available and receptionist wanted to take a message to which I replied don't worry I will write a review . However she offered to give a discount!!

My conclusion is that this place will not remain open for long and that this is the normality as they offer discounts. May be I need to mention that at the point of booking they asked if I have a discount voucher which I didn't but said I am a AAA member to which they offered a discount which was the room without breakfast with $10 deduction. As I was going to the tournament at 6 am I did not want breakfast and that was the only discount that I took.

The place is very dark the air condition squeaks, and Mr. Manager take note the computers in your business suite are not working either. I guess no business man would want to spend a second in this God forsaken Hotel

Room Tip: didn't see a spa didn't see breakfast and location is very run down
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Norbert S,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera P
IHGCare

Been to Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center? Share your experiences!