Misfortune after misfortune.
I got fixed at this facility by error. I was to attend a Judo tournament in West Clovis but accidentally got booked in this hotel. So I thought for one night I can stay.
On arrival the receptionist was extremely helpful but that was it .I checked in my 8th floor room and ventured down for a meal. At first I decided to venture the surrounding area and very quickly decided the area is so run down I don't wish to be mugged here. So I retreated back to the hotel.
I went to the restaurant.where I was greeted by a five foot tall and six foot wide battleaxe! I very patiently asked for just a piece of chicken with slices of cucumbers and tomatoes and onions. She kept interrupting with the phrase of "and croutons?" while I am explaining that due to cholesterol I cannot eat much else. She repeated the order to herself not missing the "and croutons". I also asked for a straight coke which I got in a small wine glass loaded with ice.The food eventually arrived. There was about 3/4 lb of chopped up lettuce, I slice of a beef tomato cut up to literally 100 pieces at the bottom of the vegetation with some cucumber skins and no trace of any croutons. Needless to say there was three strips of chicken breast laid on top of the greenery. I ate the chicken and decided to leave the rabbit food, That lot cost me $15.00 which I paid cash but they refused to give me a paid receipt but offered a 10% discount which I refused to accept and paid in full and in cash.
Moving on I went to my room at 7:00 PM and decided to have an early night as nothing was nice in this hotel. I thought I can try to get a morning call as I couldn't trust myself to wake up at 5AM to get ready for the task ahead next day. I tried the phone but the phone was not working so I ventured down to the helpful receptionist who agreed without admitting that the phones were out of order.While in the lobby she had to get rid of a homeless person who ventured into the hotel for a free stewed coffee. As I was trying to get to my room I noticed a bunch of Japanese / Korean teenagers with their supervisors arriving in and at least 5 of those people had tissues stuck in their nostrils looking like walruses.
Any way I crawled back seeking sanctuary in my room for the night, But the nightmare was just beginning. At approximately 9:15 PM there were huge number of African American women dressed in what could only be described as heavy curtains looking and more importantly sounding loud and flamboyant starting marching across the corridor outside my room. This was followed by a frighteningly loud thumping that was shaking this 9 story building to the point that the TV was vibrating in the room. This thumping which was the residue of the music being played somewhere in the building (I could not hear the music only the bass Thumps) continued until 12:20 Am and I was sitting wide awake dying to close my eyes.
I could not have dropped of more than 20 minutes I was woken up by the following message in the room"This is an Emergency Please leave your room and go to the lobby without using the elevators" followed by flashes of a xenon tube. At first I thought if I ignore the noise it would go away but 20 minutes later it did not. So I got dressed at 2:00 AM and went to the lobby not using elevators but the stairs .(Remember I am on the 8th floor) On arrival all the guests including the Flamboyant women and the walruses are all present except for the homeless who was seeking coffee earlier. We were told it was a false alarm and someone had let cigarette smoke go into a main smoke detector., By the time I managed to get into an elevator and get myself to bed was 3AM. At 5 AM I did get my alarm call and on my way out I was asked by the new shift had I had a pleasant stay to which I replied "don't ask!" I also wished to speak to a manager who was not available and receptionist wanted to take a message to which I replied don't worry I will write a review . However she offered to give a discount!!
My conclusion is that this place will not remain open for long and that this is the normality as they offer discounts. May be I need to mention that at the point of booking they asked if I have a discount voucher which I didn't but said I am a AAA member to which they offered a discount which was the room without breakfast with $10 deduction. As I was going to the tournament at 6 am I did not want breakfast and that was the only discount that I took.
The place is very dark the air condition squeaks, and Mr. Manager take note the computers in your business suite are not working either. I guess no business man would want to spend a second in this God forsaken Hotel
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Hotel Fresno
- Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Fresno
- Fresno Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn® Fresno Dtwn-Convention Center offers a modern, chic, and stunning retreat in the heart of Fresno’s downtown district. The 197-room hotel is just steps away from Chukchansi Park, Home of the Fresno Grizzlies, and blocks from Selland Arena and the Fresno Convention and Entertainment Center. Newly renovated in 2008, the hotel offers modern amenities such as FREE high-speed Internet access. We also have a 24-hour fitness center and an outdoor heated pool. Located on the lobby level is the Café 1055 and the Downtown Sports Bar, with offerings that will please your palate and quench your thirst. If a meeting is your reason to visit, look no further than our second floor. From the Sierra Grand Ballroom which seats up to 550 for dinner, to the Shaver Lake Room that holds 10, all of your meeting needs will be expertly looked after by our attentive staff. Venture a little further out into the local area and find many marvelous places to shop. We look forward to your visit and trust you’ll enjoy your stay. Remember: Relax, It's Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.