“Management making huge effort” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center

You added Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1055 Van Ness Avenue, Fresno, CA 93721 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Management making huge effort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Let's face it - downtown Fresno is in need of some sprucing up. Yes the Holiday Inn shows its age and that is an obstacle that is difficult to overcome. I was here on business with a group of seven. We all had seen the negative comments. Notwithstanding we found that management went above and beyond for us. I have never seen hotel management try harder. The hotel does have downtown convenience. If that is what you are looking for, know that the people working this hotel clearly are aiming to please and will attend to your needs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
gmradissonfresno, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. Glad to know our F&B team made your dining experience enjoyable. Look forward to serving you again at Zest Restaurant.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Palmdale, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I checked in on October 10th and will be checking out today. Upon arrival the first thing you will notice is the area. It's rundown, uninviting and filled with homeless people. All the establishments around the area, appear to be shut down. The elevators are extremely slow, despite the fact that there are three. The rooms are nice, spacious and include balconies. I did my laundry at the hotel and was told that I would receive it back the following business day around 7:30pm. At 8:30pm I still hadnt received my laundry, so I called downstairs and asked for it to be brought to me. The guy at the front desk advised that they couldnt bring my laundry to my room and that I needed to come get it. Ive never been to a hotel that doesnt deliver your laundry to your room. In addition, the guests on my floor were very noisy every morning around 4am. When I called downstairs to complain, the same guy that made me come and get my laundry said that there was nothing he could do about noisy guests. SMH. So today, I wake up and there is no water. I call the front desk and was advised that the water was shut off by the city and that it SHOULD be cut back on shortly. Its been two hours so far. Needless to say I dont recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Danyelle S,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am glad that you found our room accommodations commendable enough for your needs. I am sorry about the issues you encountered with our elevator and also for any inconvenience our staff may have caused during your stay. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was booked as part of a tour, en route to Las Vegas from San Francisco. We only stayed one night and it was very busy. The room was very nice, extremely comfortable bed and nice linen and decor. The bad was the restaurant. Service was very slow, food average and not particularly cheap. At breakfast the only option was fruit and cakes. No cereal, no toast, nothing. This was very disappointing as was the attitude of the staff. Could do better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear lesley100,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am so pleased you liked your room accommodations. Your comments encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Please allow me to apologize for the unacceptable service you received from our hotel restaurant and any inconvenienced this may have caused you. I am also sorry you were not satisfied with our breakfast options. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again on your future stays.

Anthony M
Los Banos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Planned a renewal of vows in Fresno for the first of September. Called to reserve a block of rooms and they said they could not do that. They were not full because everyone got a room but not on same floor or with any discount. No one said there was an annual street party in front of the hotel that day and that parking would be REALLY screwed up. No signs for the detoured parking on the street or on the web site. Once we checked in on the street side they mentioned that the huge street party was live music til 2 am. The front counter people could not figure out why EVERYONE with reservations that day was calling trying to find a way into the parking garage. Duh, not one sign saying "oh, by the way...parking this way". Learned later they did reserve blocks of rooms for the street party goers but not others. The breakfast buffet featured raw bacon, potato chips they called potatoes and cold food. Could be the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The hotel staff did say..."sorry to hear that" but that was it.

Room Tip: Non street side if u actually want to sleep
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Brad C,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fresno.

Karen G
San Diego, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The temperature when we got out of the car was 109 degrees in Fresno. It was warm in the lobby, when I checked in, but I assumed, I was still hot from the outside temperature. I checked in, and the desk clerk was very nice. I had made the reservations via Priceline, and everything seemed to be in order.
I met 2 women on the elevator going to my room, and they said that I was lucky to be on the third floor. They had moved from the 7th to the 5th floor because it was so hot in their room. I went into our room, and it was 85 degrees.
I followed directions on the thermostat, and could not get the temperature lower than 83 degrees. We called the front desk and a maintenance man said that it was an old building, a hot day, and we had done everything right, and the room would gradually get cooler. He did bring us a fan, which helped, but over the entire night, the temperature never got below 83 degrees! This was Fresno in summer!
The desk clerk should have warned us when we checked in that the air conditioning was not working! We would have gotten a refund from Priceline, and gone elsewhere. My traveling companion has gone to Holiday Inn in the past, and has raved about both your Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Express. I was very disappointed! I do not feel that this hotel was up to any climate standards, or deserved the 3 star rating that it got on Priceline.
The air conditioning needs to be replaced immediately, or they should close in the summer! I can not vouch for the quality of the heater in the winter, but guests could risk the opposite problem.

Room Tip: Go in the spring or fall, when room temperature may not be a problem.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear SDTeacher50,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the air conditioner. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Dear Sir:
This letter is to complain about services we recently received from staying overnight at Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Convention Center on August 11, 2012. Hotel customer service was terrible. We have two issues. We stayed at the room #825 and #817.
Firstly, we got back to the hotel around 9.45pm. It was very hot in the room. We called to ask help from the front desk regarding the issue. The representative told us to wait for a while for the air conditioning to become cooler. After two hours, it was still very hot inside the room. We called again asking for help to check and fix it. The representative said they were fixing the air condition of the hotel. Needless to say, we were quite frustrated, but we tried to be patient and wait for the fixing. Nothing had been done and the rooms were extremely hot. We sweated for the whole night. I am an eight-month pregnant. My family was not happy staying at all. It was very uncomfortable and that made it hard to breathe for me as a pregnant woman.
Secondly, one room was located in the 8th floor and there were loud music from the party till midnight. We were asking about the noise since we came to the hotel room. The representative just said the noise would be gone soon. We waited and it didn’t stop till around midnight. My one year old son was crying because it was too hot and too loud. We could not rest well.
Because of these, my husband went down to the front desk to request a room change. The representative didn’t care about our staying at all. We complained and asked for a room change. They just changed for us around 1 am.
I expected a much higher level of service from your company, and I am quite disappointed. This is a basic service which we expect from any hotels to have cool air conditioning and quite rooms to rest. We expected the promt service to solve our hotel room problems, but there were ignored till we went down to the front desk. I am not sure the Holiday Inn brand is capable of providing basic services while we stay and are considering stopping staying at Holiday Inn in the future. I expect a full refund of the two rooms we stayed that night. I will be informing everyone who will visit Fresno, my friends and family about this experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Steven2011,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean and the staff was very helpful. I stayed for 3 days and 2 nights for a business related trip. The resturant was average, and the food was good but not over the top. The bar was a nice touch, a small place to get away. All the staff was super nice and eager to help you with anything. The area around the hotel doesn't have many dining options, so you would need to drive places if you don't wish to eat in the hotel restaurant. Many of the government buildings are within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center? Share your experiences!