“Don't Go in the Summer Unless You're Looking for a Sauna!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center

You added Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1055 Van Ness Avenue, Fresno, CA 93721 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
San Diego, CA
“Don't Go in the Summer Unless You're Looking for a Sauna!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The temperature when we got out of the car was 109 degrees in Fresno. It was warm in the lobby, when I checked in, but I assumed, I was still hot from the outside temperature. I checked in, and the desk clerk was very nice. I had made the reservations via Priceline, and everything seemed to be in order.
I met 2 women on the elevator going to my room, and they said that I was lucky to be on the third floor. They had moved from the 7th to the 5th floor because it was so hot in their room. I went into our room, and it was 85 degrees.
I followed directions on the thermostat, and could not get the temperature lower than 83 degrees. We called the front desk and a maintenance man said that it was an old building, a hot day, and we had done everything right, and the room would gradually get cooler. He did bring us a fan, which helped, but over the entire night, the temperature never got below 83 degrees! This was Fresno in summer!
The desk clerk should have warned us when we checked in that the air conditioning was not working! We would have gotten a refund from Priceline, and gone elsewhere. My traveling companion has gone to Holiday Inn in the past, and has raved about both your Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Express. I was very disappointed! I do not feel that this hotel was up to any climate standards, or deserved the 3 star rating that it got on Priceline.
The air conditioning needs to be replaced immediately, or they should close in the summer! I can not vouch for the quality of the heater in the winter, but guests could risk the opposite problem.

Room Tip: Go in the spring or fall, when room temperature may not be a problem.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear SDTeacher50,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the air conditioner. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Dear Sir:
This letter is to complain about services we recently received from staying overnight at Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Convention Center on August 11, 2012. Hotel customer service was terrible. We have two issues. We stayed at the room #825 and #817.
Firstly, we got back to the hotel around 9.45pm. It was very hot in the room. We called to ask help from the front desk regarding the issue. The representative told us to wait for a while for the air conditioning to become cooler. After two hours, it was still very hot inside the room. We called again asking for help to check and fix it. The representative said they were fixing the air condition of the hotel. Needless to say, we were quite frustrated, but we tried to be patient and wait for the fixing. Nothing had been done and the rooms were extremely hot. We sweated for the whole night. I am an eight-month pregnant. My family was not happy staying at all. It was very uncomfortable and that made it hard to breathe for me as a pregnant woman.
Secondly, one room was located in the 8th floor and there were loud music from the party till midnight. We were asking about the noise since we came to the hotel room. The representative just said the noise would be gone soon. We waited and it didn’t stop till around midnight. My one year old son was crying because it was too hot and too loud. We could not rest well.
Because of these, my husband went down to the front desk to request a room change. The representative didn’t care about our staying at all. We complained and asked for a room change. They just changed for us around 1 am.
I expected a much higher level of service from your company, and I am quite disappointed. This is a basic service which we expect from any hotels to have cool air conditioning and quite rooms to rest. We expected the promt service to solve our hotel room problems, but there were ignored till we went down to the front desk. I am not sure the Holiday Inn brand is capable of providing basic services while we stay and are considering stopping staying at Holiday Inn in the future. I expect a full refund of the two rooms we stayed that night. I will be informing everyone who will visit Fresno, my friends and family about this experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Steven2011,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean and the staff was very helpful. I stayed for 3 days and 2 nights for a business related trip. The resturant was average, and the food was good but not over the top. The bar was a nice touch, a small place to get away. All the staff was super nice and eager to help you with anything. The area around the hotel doesn't have many dining options, so you would need to drive places if you don't wish to eat in the hotel restaurant. Many of the government buildings are within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 6pm for a one night stay, whilst travelling between San Francisco and Las Vegas, we were checked in promptly and went up to our room which was a good size and modern with 2 double beds and a choice of pillows. The room was quiet with the exception of the occasional train noise to the rear of the hotel. There was nothing nearby so I would recommend stopping for food etc. prior to arriving as we heard some of the other guests had to wait nearly an hour in the bar /restaurant from ordering for very average food. Overall a nice modern clean hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel is okay. Don't be scared or anything like I was after reading other reviews. It isn't the cleanest, but service was good and the room was large enough and we were comfortable. We almost never pay to park at hotels, but this property only charged five dollars and the garage seemed very secure, so we paid. You will have to drive to a restaurant, as the nearby pedestrian mall has pretty much given up trying. The neighborhood isn't fun or anything, but we felt perfectly safe. If you are passing through Fresno, this is a decent hotel and the price was very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Would Suggest to all families to stay away from this hotel .. we booked 3 rooms - 3 weeks in advance and requested for double beds or 2 queen beds. All 3 rooms had kids and we also requested for non-smoking rooms.. when we arrived we were told that there is no availability of both Non-smoking" and Double beds.. and they could not take a note of the special request as we booked it thru price line. The hotel staff was not at all cooperative.. . after repeated request we got to change the room the next day to a double bed room. The swimming pool was not warm and the surroundings was not cleaned.. Being a 3 star hotel we had fair expectation which was not at all met.. poor service, bad towel, bad service.. and bad attitude of the staff.... Would not recommend any one to ever stay here..

Room Tip: Make sure to call and ask what you want.. don;t depend on the hotel to take care of any of your expe...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Travel L ,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Jaime W
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in April 2012 on business. I got there early for check-in and I had to wait three hours before they could put me in a room. Whereas, another lady walked up to the front desk clerk a little later started speaking in Spanish and joking with her and she was given a room immediately. I do not understand the logic in that. Anyway, when I got to the room it was musty, the coffee maker was dirty, the a/c did not work properly (although I asked them to fix it numerous times nobody did a thing and I basically had to just deal with it), and the view outside my window was a homeless park and gangsters walking around. This area was not a desireable location and I felt very unsafe walking outside. Upon check-out, I got billed for parking each day and I did not even have a car. I have called the hotel numerous times and left a message for the manager to call me and I have yet to get a return call or credit. The same guy answers the phone each time and sighs, stating he will give her the message. I would never recommend this hotel due to the poor customer service, unkept, musty rooms, and the location. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear L W,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Convention Center. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A
IHGCare

Been to Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center? Share your experiences!