“Nice Hotel for a One Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Conference Ctr

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel Conference Ctr to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Conference Ctr
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1055 Van Ness Avenue, Fresno, CA 93721 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel for a One Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 6pm for a one night stay, whilst travelling between San Francisco and Las Vegas, we were checked in promptly and went up to our room which was a good size and modern with 2 double beds and a choice of pillows. The room was quiet with the exception of the occasional train noise to the rear of the hotel. There was nothing nearby so I would recommend stopping for food etc. prior to arriving as we heard some of the other guests had to wait nearly an hour in the bar /restaurant from ordering for very average food. Overall a nice modern clean hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This hotel is okay. Don't be scared or anything like I was after reading other reviews. It isn't the cleanest, but service was good and the room was large enough and we were comfortable. We almost never pay to park at hotels, but this property only charged five dollars and the garage seemed very secure, so we paid. You will have to drive to a restaurant, as the nearby pedestrian mall has pretty much given up trying. The neighborhood isn't fun or anything, but we felt perfectly safe. If you are passing through Fresno, this is a decent hotel and the price was very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Would Suggest to all families to stay away from this hotel .. we booked 3 rooms - 3 weeks in advance and requested for double beds or 2 queen beds. All 3 rooms had kids and we also requested for non-smoking rooms.. when we arrived we were told that there is no availability of both Non-smoking" and Double beds.. and they could not take a note of the special request as we booked it thru price line. The hotel staff was not at all cooperative.. . after repeated request we got to change the room the next day to a double bed room. The swimming pool was not warm and the surroundings was not cleaned.. Being a 3 star hotel we had fair expectation which was not at all met.. poor service, bad towel, bad service.. and bad attitude of the staff.... Would not recommend any one to ever stay here..

Room Tip: Make sure to call and ask what you want.. don;t depend on the hotel to take care of any of your expe...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Conference Ctr, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Travel L ,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Jaime W
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in April 2012 on business. I got there early for check-in and I had to wait three hours before they could put me in a room. Whereas, another lady walked up to the front desk clerk a little later started speaking in Spanish and joking with her and she was given a room immediately. I do not understand the logic in that. Anyway, when I got to the room it was musty, the coffee maker was dirty, the a/c did not work properly (although I asked them to fix it numerous times nobody did a thing and I basically had to just deal with it), and the view outside my window was a homeless park and gangsters walking around. This area was not a desireable location and I felt very unsafe walking outside. Upon check-out, I got billed for parking each day and I did not even have a car. I have called the hotel numerous times and left a message for the manager to call me and I have yet to get a return call or credit. The same guy answers the phone each time and sighs, stating he will give her the message. I would never recommend this hotel due to the poor customer service, unkept, musty rooms, and the location. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Conference Ctr, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear L W,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Convention Center. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A
Lompoc, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Fresno Downtown Convention Center to attend a concert at the Saroyan Theater. The hotel was nice and the restaurant was great for breakfast. The bar was ok - very small and not open after 10 PM. The hotel was walking distance to the Saroyan Theater, but the hotel staff did not recommend walking back after dark. There is a park directly across the street from the hotel - lots of homeless people hanging out there and asking for money every time you set foot outside the door of the hotel. There is a parking garage - $5 to park - would NOT want to walk in there after dark. When we went to our car the following morning and were putting our suitcases in the trunk a security gaurd asked if we'd seen a man running around with a crow bar. Seems he was trying to open car doors. Also, the hotel staff was to give me a coupon to park, which they failed to do. This hotel is not in a good area of town. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Conference Ctr, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear Elaine D,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you felt the area was unsafe. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This hotel should be the next location for a final sequel in the Dawn Of The Dead film series. The fun began for me in the parking lot below the hotel, a public facility with no security and/or prohibited access. Immediately upon parking for check-in, dazed & confused crackheads and boozed-up homeless characters began slowly limping towards my vehicle. I sat in the car for a few moments watching the zombies in my rearview mirror before deciding to unload my luggage and head to the elevator.

Finding the elevator was a challenge in itself since nothing is clearly marked to direct you to the hotel lobby. On the way, I was approached for change by a woman with a dirty blanket and breath that could have melted ice. Her partner watched her performance from behind a parked car while sorting through assorted finds. The elevator to the main lobby above was filthy with the fresh aroma of Jack Daniels and urine welcoming you to the next level of travel hell. I hesitated to even touch the grimy buttons while searching in vain for a napkin in one of my pockets.

The lobby is updated rather poorly in a kind of mid-century-meets-pottery-barn-style that seems to be the design pablum of the decade in almost every hotel chain renovation. The bland and boring look of this style is simply intended to trick you into thinking the rooms will be just as modern and fresh. At the Holiday Inn Fresno MONTY HALL should have checked me in. I indeed ended up with the mule instead of the new car on this particular episode of Let's Make A Deal. As I mention in previous reviews, sometimes Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" is just not the wisest choice when unfamiliar with a city.

The room was another sad example of purchasing overstocked clearance items directly from the Plummers factory in China. More polyester bedspreads that induce instant hot flashes, muted microfiber chairs that exfoliate the back of your knees, dreary formaldehyde soaked drapes -slowly releasing hydrocarbons when the hot valley sun bakes them- and carpets that make you wish you had not forgotten your slippers in the car. Thankfully I could remove the screw from the sliding glass doors to get some fresh air on the balcony.

From the comfort of my 6 story balcony I calmed my frustration with a single malt whiskey while watching the zombies wandering the streets below. The audible sounds of people coming and going from the trashy Casino next door to the hotel added to the Symphony Of Blight. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, particularly if you are a woman traveling alone. Be prepared to stay put in your room for the night. There is nothing to do in the area and no decent restaurants within walking distance. I would certainly never return unless my car broke down out front and I was out of popcorn and change to stave off the dead.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Conference Ctr, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
TheSavvyScot,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
Mariposa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I walked into this hotel in the middle of the night without a reservation. My husband was in a nearby hospital. The staff was nice, the hotel seemed clean, the room all right and the night was quiet. Since I arrived at midnight by taxi, I saw nothing of the outside mentioned by other reviewers, I was sleep deprived and in desperate need of a resting place. I chose this hotel because it was further from the hospital which is in a bad part of town. (beautiful hospital though, Fresno Community regional med center) I locked the room door and spent a quiet few hours sleeping without a problem. I felt safe.
The food though, in the little cafe' was horrible. Hospital cafeteria food was better. And that's quite a statement. Opt for something else.

Room Tip: I got a room on the eighth floor and wasn't bothered by street noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Radisson Hotel Conference Ctr? Share your experiences!