“This hotel has excellent service!...The Restaurant inside, however, not so much” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Fremont
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed one night here February 2012 to attend a sorority convention. Since I am still nursing, I brought my 9-month old son and my mother to help with him.

The rooms are pretty standard with modern amenities. I had King-size bed with a crib. What I really appreciated about the this hotel is the staff I came in contact with. I had a feeling my luncheon was going to run past 1pm. Since I had my son, I asked the front desk if they would allow my mother and son to stay in my room until it ended as I felt it would be a lot for my mother to tend to my son in the lobby for 2+ hours. They completely understood and let her stay until 3p which was perfect because 1)my little guy was napping and 2)the luncheon ending about then.

What I didn't like was the restaurant in the hotel...the name escapes me right now. All I can say, it the service sucked but due to the location of the hotel, unless you have a car (which I didn't) eating there is your only option unless you like McDonalds. I ate there twice, once for a Friday Dinner and Saturday morning breakfast.

Friday's service was slow despite there being a few people. I ordered a Margarita pizza and my mother ordered a soup. They brought my pizza out and several minutes later brought my mom's soup. This made no sense to me as I would figured they'd either bring my mom's soup first or both together.

Saturday was just out of control. I arrived at 8:30am for some breakfast. Mom and I decided to skip the buffet and order the following: oatmeal with OJ for me and pancakes with coffee for mom. At 9:00am after seeing 2 waiters buzz back and forth past me, I asked the manager what it would take to place an order. He apologized and took my order...we waited...and waited...and waited. At about 9:20 a waiter comes with (get this) PANCAKES ONLY! NO syrup, no coffee, no orange juice, no oatmeal. I asked him for some syrup. He brought it and never returned until I stopped him and asked for OJ and coffee. He rushed back with two glasses of OJ and no coffee. At about 9:45, I saw the manager and told him to cancel my order because I had to go. He must've known they messed up because he didn't charge us.

I would return here to sleep but not to eat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
MarriottFremontGM, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley.

We value your comments, as they allow us the opportunity to continually improve the service we provide, as well as to celebrate our successes.

It seems we were able to meet your expectations in most areas, which pleases me. However, I was concerned over the service or lack of in the.Greatroom. We take pride in the fact that we do listen to our customers and implement the necessary changes to ensure customer satisfaction. I have passed your comments onto our Director of Food and Beverage as well as the Manager, so your comments may be addressed with the staff.

If you would like to discuss your situation in more detail please feel free to contact my Executive Assistant at.

510-413-3760, please mention you Trip Advisor Comment

Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
furnitureruss
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I have been traveling to the Fremont/Bay Area of California on and off for over three years. For the past two years I have been staying at the Marriott in Fremont. I read a lot of comments from people who thought that certain amenities should be free (such as internet). Although I too find it odd that the less expensive Marriott properties can give their guests free internet, the higher priced properties do not. Although as a platinum Marriott member I get free internet here.

What I enjoy about the Marriott Fremont the most isn't the room or the property itself ... it's the people. From the bellman Jim, to Courtney at the front desk, to Louisito in the restaurant, even to Lisa Marie and Timo in their sales division ... it's the people who make the experience better.

The hotel is in the process of renovation. Most of the lower level renovations appear to be done ... and it looks nice. The rooms are being renovated now. If I had a small complaint it was that as a platinum member I was given room 1020 (the room next to where the old conceirge lounge was). Even at 7:45 pm after a long day working I heard saws or grinders going off right next door. It didn't last too long fortunately so I ddn't bring it up. It appears the room I was in had new carpet. Don't think any of the furnishings changed, but honestly, the appointments in the room are nice.

When I am in the Fremont area I only stay at the Fremont Marriott. Our company (Global) receives a company rate which fits within our company's policies on what we can spend per night when we travel. Otherwise, I'd have to go back to the Holiday Inn off AutoMall.

The only advice I can give people about this property is this.
Book early ... they are generally sold out Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.
If you don't get to the hotel by 5:30 pm, be prepared to have to park in the garage (they hold conferences there all the time and the parking lot fills up quickly) ... but the garage is fairly convenient too.
If you are not Platinum rewards member, be prepared to pay for internet.
Bring your workout clothes or swim suit ... they have a small but nice gym and pool indoors.
They have a good menu for food, but right on AutoMall Rd (minutes away), there are tons of other options for a good meal.
** Lastly - and this isn't the fault of the hotel. There is a dump/landfill at the end of AutoMall Rd. (about 2 to 3 miles from the property) ... on a given day when the wind is blowing a certain way, the exterior of the hotel can have an unpleasant odor. It's the landfill miles away folks .. it's not the hotel.

Great place to stay! Very much recommended.
Safe Travels, Russ

Room Tip: They are renovating so be sure to bring it up when you check in so there are no surprises with your...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Loyal Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I am very pleased to pass your comments onto the team.

vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

this hotel didn't mention or any information about charging internet fee in the room and free in the lobby,
my daughter hook up web automatically in the room and lobby , didn't be warned for charging a fee. Because i am hurry for my airplane, i have no time to argue this and the front desk is not polite to talk with me and insist on charging the fee.
but anyway this hotel is good except for internet fee.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
MarriottFremontGM, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley in January 2012. Guest comments allow us to not only celebrate our successes but allows us the opportunity to listen to our guest and make the necessary changes to ensure guest satisfaction.

I do apologize if the Front Desk staff seemed impolite that is certainly not the type of service we provide at the Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley and I have passed your comments onto the Management team so it can be addressed.

510-413-3760, please mention your Trip Advisor comment.

46100 Landing Parkway
Fremont, CA 94538
Las Vegas, NV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We visited family in the area and decided to stay at Marriott as frequent members. The hotel webpage mentioned complimentary internet and continental breakfast. The room standard is standard. But when we wanted to use the internet in our room, we were told that there would be a fee! It's free in the lobby area only! We mentionted that we stayed at lots of Marriott and didn't experience similar charge. Front desk said not this one! Anyways she offered to not charge us. We didn't think the lobby was suitable for anything b/c there was so much noise. The banquet room was opened with people coming and going and with loud live music late at night and early in the morning...Lastly when we inquired about the banquet, it would costs $14.95 per person. Well, we would not stay here again b/c they didn't seem to get their act together. Sorry.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
MarriottFremontGM, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your comment on Trip Advisor, I am sorry that your stay at our particular type of Marriott brand was not to your liking. You are correct that out of the many Marriott brands a few do not charge for internet and the Residence Inn by Marriott does offer free breakfast and their website does clearly state free internet/free breakfast. However our type of property considered a full service Marriott does charge for in-room internet, which is currently under review and our buffet breakfast is $14.95. Marriott has a wide range of branded properties under its flag and believes they have something for every traveler. We do believe for those travelers looking for a full service property that the Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley is the place to be.

Sincerely
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Needed to spend a night near San Jose, and found the Fremont Marriott. Lovely lobby, cordial staff, and your basic Marriott room. Concierge Lounge was a step up from other Marriott's in terms of food. Night had honey baked ham, stuffing, salad, and some other little items. Breakfast had you "real" eggs (scrambled and hard boiled) compared to the garbage powered ones sometimes served elsewhere. I still think the honor bar is a bit of a joke...especially when they charge you (honor system) $5 a beer in the concierge, and they have happy hour downstairs for $3/beer. You'd think they would treat loyal guests a bit better in my opinion. Maybe first one free, others for happy hour price? Just an idea...

Room was basic. Nothing exceptional, nothing to complain about expect the outlets on the light at the work desk are a little tempremental. I had a colleague that stayed at the Hyatt in Sanata Clara, which I must say was a bit more impressive (and cheaper than the Marriott). Damn loyalty gets me everytime.

The one standout was a solid workout room. Even at 5AM, you could tell all the east coasters working out. They had 3 elipicals, 2 bikes, 4-5 treadmills, some nautilus equipment, fly machine, free weights, etc. Not the biggest workout room (that would be the Marriott harbor in Boston), but this was a very nice workout facility with pool, etc if you are looking to ensure you have that covered.

If you are a Marriott junkie like me, they do a nice job.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
MarriottFremontGM, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear Loyal Guest,

Thank you for your review this is exactly the type of information we look for from our guests.
We appreciate your comments and suggestion regarding the honor bar in the Concierge Lounge. We take pride in implementing suggestions and have passed this information onto our Director of Food and Beverage and our Executive Chef.

Thank you for your continued loyalty,

Fareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

If you visted this hotel with the old dark and dingy bar, got put off. Try it now it has been renovated

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
MarriottFremontGM, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you for your comment regarding our re-image. We are also very pleased with it's out come and would like to invite everyone to come and visit us.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Wow, where to start?

Beds are awesome at this hotel. I was so tired and I fell asleep sitting upright on my bed with my computer on my lap, and my hand still on the keyboard!

During the night, sudden burbling noises coming from bathroom. Toilet commenced overflowing for no reason, no one had used it since several hours before. We used our towels to get things mopped up before the water made it out the door to the room. Gross!

Noisy people in rooms...is it not possible for people to understand they are not the only ones staying in a hotel? I mean how tough is it to close your door rather than allowing it to slam all night long?

Was there a reason people had to stand outside their doors yacking and carrying on? Go inside and do that people!

Next morning we mentioned the toilet and noise issue. They never offered to refund our money however they did offer us free breakfast for 2 - $25 coupon, too bad breakfast was already over. I hear it is quite good.

Lunch was pricey and the food was terrible. I specifically asked if there were certain foods in what I had ordered as I have 2 food allergies. My supposed to be hot food arrived nearly an hour later, cold and sitting on a bed of what I am allergic to lol.

I asked for a new one to be made. Now I was skeptical about whether they would just try pulling the old switcheroo, ie taking the offending item off of the food and putting it all back together as new. So I mentioned I have a severe allergy. The server assured me it would be made fresh.

My food came back another 30 minutes...I lifted the chicken breast and it was still smothered in the offending item. lol

I asked if it was a fresh meal as I was severely allergic and the server assure me it was....at this point, I lifted the chicken breast to show her that in fact it was the same now very stale piece of chicken.

I ordered some soup after that, thinking they cannot go wrong with soup. My friend's order finally arrived with my soup. Cold limp fries were served with hers. The soup I ordered was so bad I couldn't eat it.

We left our food without eating it. I don't like wasting food, but it really was inedible.

The friendly waiter was nice, however, he was too friendly. I like chatting with people, but he kept talking and told us a story and it involved place settings on the table. He kept grabbing my knife fork and spoon to demonstrate his story. Um, I was going to use those to eat my meal....

So basically I felt really ripped off. I think I could have slept better at the the La Quinta nearby.

Room Tip: Check out various websites including their own website. You will definitely find a wide variety of...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us at the Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley.

We value your comments, as they allow us the opportunity to continually improve the service we provide, as well as celebrate our successes.

We do apologize that your stay was anything but exceptional. Although we conduct routine maintenance on our plumbing systems, sometimes unexpected issues happen. Since your stay with us, we have flushed the main hotel drain line to prevent such an unseemly situation from repeating itself. We pride ourselves in the maintenance and upkeep of our property, however when the unexpected does happen it is equally important to us that the resolution is 100% satisfactory to our guest

I have passed your comments onto our Director of Room Operations and the Director of Food and Beverage. Your comments will be shared with our associates as a lessoned learned with an emphasis on how to provide quality customer service to our customers at every turn.
If you would like to discuss your situation in more detail please feel free to contact my Executive Assistant at, 510-413-3760, please mention your Trip Advisor comment.

46100 Landing Parkway
Fremont, CA 94555

Been to Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!