“Ok hotel for short-term stay” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   46200 Landing Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94538-6463   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Fremont
San Francisco, California
“Ok hotel for short-term stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I thought this hotel would be better than I expected based on many of the reviews. Unfortunately, my experience was just average. They seemed to be understaffed this holiday weekend which was a little annoying, as you would think they would have more since it IS a holiday.

Pros:
-Generally clean rooms and grounds
-sufficient continental breakfast
-plenty of parking
-complimentary wi-fi

Cons:
-pool towels were very small and flimsy (they were more like kitchen towel-size)
-walls are a bit thin
-one of the dining staff was very short with guests who didn't know how to operate the waffle machine (note to staff: assume that not all guests will have common sense and post a sign of how to use it)
-very slow elevators - these need a major update

Would I stay here again?: Maybe, if I needed to be in this area and only staying for a night or two and I couldn't find cheaper hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our family of four continued our two week road trip from Alberta (after our stay at the Del Sol in Anaheim) with a stop in Freemont. Check in was quick and easy and the room was a decent size (even after loading in all our outlet purchases). The location was great for us as we wanted to visit Google and Apple headquarters as well as the outlet in Milpitas. The breakfast was decent and more than enough to get us on our way in the morning with waffles, cereal, oatmeal, fruit etc. We would definitely stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Santaquin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We are very happy with the rooms, service, and Breakfast at the La Quinta Hotels, They have remodeled many of them and have raise the bar. My wife has 8 vertebrae fused in her back and needs pillow top bed or softer and La Quinta meets her needs. We have always found the staff very helpful and wanting to go the extra mile in meeting our needs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Cave Creek, AZ, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Everything was very good except the breakfast dining area did not have adequate seating. Everything was very good except the breakfast dining area did not have adequate seating. Everything was very good except the dining area did not have adequate seating. Everything was very good except the breakfast dining area did not have adequate seating.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Southern Cal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed here quite a few times over the last year or so. Friendly staff, clean rooms, convenient location.

Rooms are large, everything works, carpets are not gross. In this price range in this area, that's pretty unusual! They seem to run a tight ship.

I have not had too many problems getting a room here for a day or two. They're not typically sold out for weeks at a time like some of the places in the valley.

Two things I don't like. One, they let dogs stay here, so request a no dander room if that's a problem for you. I am not allergic, but I think it's disgusting. Two, the breakfast is a little skimpy, like most of the La Quintas I have stayed in. No big deal, but a couple more bagels and some fresh fruit probably isn't going to bankrupt the company.

Room Tip: Ask for no damn dog room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had made reservations for the for the two room suite for my wife and daughter while I was having surgery in a local hospital. When they checked in they were told that that room was given to someone who wanted to "EXTEND" their stay. While I understand this type of room is limited, the person should of been told it was not available. The fact that my reservation for that type of room was denied is not acceptable.

If I were to ever book a "Guaranteed Room" in the future at your hotel, be assured that I would have "Little" or "no" confidence that the room type I had selected, and payed for would be available.
While I had stayed at this hotel before, I am not sure I would again.

While the on duty manager did apologize to my wife and adjust the room price, it does very little to want me to return to your hotel.

Kenneth Ely

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Arroyo Grande, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I am very satisfy with this stay ! I love how they texted me when my room is ready for me to check in. They also called my room after I checked in yo see if everything was ok and if I need anything ! I feel like 5 star hotel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fremont / Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!