“Would come back” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Fremont
Denver, Colorado
“Would come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We've been Marriott members for many years and try to stay in their facilities because they're dependable. This Residence Inn is no exception. Although the room decor might be a bit dated, the kitchens are updated and have all the amenities. I've stayed here twice in the past two months: once in a standard room (kitchen, living room, bedroom) and once in a "penthouse" (same as regular room, but with a loft added). The penthouse also had a fireplace, made me sad to be there without my hubby. I like little extras, like the motion sensor lights in the bedroom and bathroom. It was quiet (critically important to me, as I'm a light sleeper) and I really enjoyed the manager's breakfasts and evening receptions -- when I didn't feel like finding a place to eat (and there are tons of options within walking distance) I would just stop in for a glass of wine, some chips and tacos and call it a night. Air conditioning (another must in my book) worked very well, allowed me set to my own comfort level, while keeping the fan on for white noise at night. And I can't forget the service -- the reception desk was staffed by very friendly, very knowledgable people. And no one made fun of me when I reported the telephones as "missing." (They were just in different spots than I expected -- the "downside," if there is one, of a very large room!) Yes, I'd stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from traffic noise -- it's located near a busy highway. Keep in mind, if you ha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit this review. We're very happy you enjoyed your stay and are very appreciative of the compliments of the staff and the property, overall. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again some time soon. Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were very pleased with our stay in Fremont Residence inn by Marriott. The staff were professional and very helpful. Breakfast was good and we loved the social hour. The situation of the hotel was good as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thanks very much for taking the time to submit your review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you next time you're in town. See you then, and thanks again!
furnitureruss
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Usually stay at the Marriott in Fremont, but on a last minute trip & the full-scale Marriott sold out, I stayed at the Residence Inn. I stayed in a suite. Downstairs has living area with fireplace, dining area, small kitchen, bathroom & the upstairs/loft had the bedroom and another bathroom.

I was surprised by how nice it was. The only downside was my room was on the highway side of the property so occassionally I would hear the louder vehicles driving by. The property has breakfast daily, and early in the week they have a small dinner in the lobby. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We are happy to hear your stay was "unexpectedly nice" - nothing like a pleasant surprise, right? Thanks so much for your feedback and your detailed review. We hope to see you again and we'll be happy to get you a room away from 880 next time you stay with us. Thanks again!
Sugar Land
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a great hotel. It is midway between SF and San Jose. From this hotel to SFO airport is only 30 minutes. As for me, I love this hotel. The hotel has easy access to the freeway (I-880) and other access like South Asian and South East Asian restaurants in the area. Yes, it is quite old but I can notice that the management has revamped the hotel room and the outward appearance as well. You can not find other hotel with this kind of value in the Bay Area !

Room Tip: Choose the back side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words and review. We're happy to hear you've enjoyed your stays and appreciate your business, as well as your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again some time soon.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights on July 25 -27th. The property was beautifully landscaped and definitely well maintained. We stayed in the penthouse suite room 622. I had chosen this hotel because we wanted to see San Fransisco but have a hotel room with plenty of room but not have to pay the crazy prices of rooms right in San Fransisco. This was perfect for us! Over the phone the agent advised me that this hotel was about a 45 min drive into San Fransisco....we did not find that to be the case...more like an hour and 15 min...oh well. The suite was huge. Decent size living area...nice kitchen with full fridge...dish washer...range...microwave oven...granite counter tops. One queen size bed in the downstairs area with french doors for privacy...its own tub/shower/bathroom. Plenty of room in that bedroom. Up stairs was an additional queen bed with another full bathroom. The downstairs sofa also opened up to a bed as well.
One of the nicest features of this hotel was their complimentary buffet breakfast and their complimentary "light" dinner. Everything was delicious...for breakfast...eggs..sausage...waffles with all the toppings...oatmeal with lots of nuts and fruits to add...yogurt...bagels..fruit..muffins..you name it. I was very pleasantly surprised at the complimentary dinner which we only ate one night because we spent our entire days in San Fransisco. It consisted of beef fajitas with the onions and peppers...rice/beans...chips with salsa...salad with about 5 different items at least...fruit....wine and other beverages. I have never stayed at a hotel that offered the dinner as well as breakfast. Very yummy.
The hotel pool was modest but warm and clean as it was cold the nights we stayed. They had a decent laundry facility on site with 4 washers and dryers...you pay to use the equipment although they did provide Tide detergant for guests.
The staff at every point were very friendly and helpful. I had not one negative experience.
This hotel of course is not luxurious but if you are budget minded but still want quality and comfort and lots of amenitites I believe this one will exceed your expectations. When I come to the San Fransisco area again I will definitley look to book at this hotel! Oh and the Bart is only 2 miles away and a straight shot to Embarcadero ...we didnt use it but that is very convenient.

Room Tip: If you are with the family the penthouse suite is wonderful
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you so much writing such a pleanant and descriptive review. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We had booked to stay at this hotel for two weeks.We arrived at the hotel only to find that our reserved room was not available. We were told that an oversight had occurred and that our 2 Bedroom Executive Penthouse room would not be available for two days. The associate at the front desk was obviously embarrassed and contrite. Our parents were flying in the following day which is why we required a 2 bedroom unit. The Residence Inn was great, they offered two complimentary nights in a studio suite until our unit was ready. They even provided a complimentary suite for our parents. When we eventually were able to move into our bedroom unit, we were surprised to find a large "welcome basket" with wine, cheese and other goodies waitng for us along with a apology from the management. The remainder of our stay at this location was nothing less than great. They would ask each day if there was anything they could do to make our stay even better.

his location is older but well maintained. It's located just off a main express route and was easy to get in and out of. San Fransisco was a short 35 minute drive away, but I would suggest that you take the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) from Fremont into San Fransisco.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sorry about the initial mix-up with your reservation but I'm glad we were able to make amends and that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Thank you for your understanding and for taking the time to write such a nice review. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I were in the area for a couple of nights to visit some relatives. After bidding for a hotel on Priceline, we were awarded the Residence Inn Fremont.

When we pulled up to check in, we were a little anxious because of the proximity to a major highway. The check in staff were friendly, but we were even more anxious about how well we'd sleep after discovering our room was on the far side of the hotel - ie right next to the highway. We were pleasantly surprised, however, to discover there was absolutely no road noise from inside the room.

The decor was on the nicer side of average. The amenities were great - a sitting area, fully equipped kitchen, free wifi and a big complimentary breakfast buffet. Overall we were really happy, and the experience has made us seek out Residence Inn when we are staying in other areas, too.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to get a good night's rest. We can appreciate how important that is, as well as feeling comfortable overall when you're away from home. I'm glad to hear you'll be seeking Residence Inns elsewhere in the future as well. Next time you're in Fremont we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!