“It was a good night!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 hotels in Fremont
Antioch
“It was a good night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My friend and I needed a place to spend the night before our first 1/2 Marathon. The hotel was a great location just right off the freeway. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. There are many eateries to choose from in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
turlock, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have stayed at the Best Western Garden Court Inn several times. It is always a very reliable hotel, where the rooms and the grounds are clean and well kept. The breakfast is good, with a good variety to select from. It is very conviently located near Washington Hospital (where unfortunately I needed surgery). My wife felt safe and we had no problems. There are several restaurants within walking distance. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GardenCourtInn54, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I really appreciated that you took the time to post your experience with your recent stay. It great to hear when guests have enjoyed their stay, and have continued to return to the Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn.

Thank you, for pointing out many attributed of the hotel and the surrounding area such as the grounds are clean and well kept. The breakfast is good, with a good variety to select from and there are several restaurants within walking distance of our hotel.

It is our own goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service, and it is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short of our own high standards.

Thank you once again for the time you have taken to provide invaluable feedback which helps us in our efforts to constantly improve our operation. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Ojai, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent nights at the Fremont Best Western. The facility and our room was very clean , comfortable bedding, nice breakfast (hot & cold foods) included.
Our only complaint was that the room next door had a small, yappy dog and it barked early morning (each morning). Had we known this was a dog-driendly hotel, I would have asked for a room away from any dogs.

Front desk are very friendly and arranged a taxi for us. Over-all, a good stay. We were int own for our son;s surgery nearly. (not a vacation). This is a clean, reasonable business stay hotel.

Room Tip: Be specific in your reservation that you do not want to be near dogs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GardenCourtInn54, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012

It great to hear when a guest has enjoyed there stay and to hear when we have given our guest the customer service they expect.

I will inform our staff of the service they have given so we are able to continue giving great customer service. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer continues service experience for all our guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Seattle, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was lured in by the photos and the reasonable price. If my husband and I were staying any longer than the 11pm-6am stay, we would have never stayed. All of the hallways had an overpowering musty smell (mixed with faint hint of smoke in some). Luckily, our room didn't have the same smell; however, the carpet felt scrunchy, the sheets slimy, and there was gunk on the bathroom counter (except for the fact that the toiletries were stocked and the towels nicely folded, I would have thought the room hadn't been cleaned). I usually think of Best Western as a "safe" bet. I was extremely disappointed with this hotel. P.S.: a more professional look to the front desk staff might help with having a better first impression.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding you’re experienced with your recent stay. I would like to apologies for failing to meet your expectations in several areas.

It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service, which is vital to our continued success. We are aware that areas of our hotel require some attention and I appreciate you informing us of these needs. We are planning in the upcoming year on refreshing areas of the hotel that requiring the necessary attention. The area you stayed in is our smoking area it does from time to time have the smell of smoke and we try our best to remedy the situation however smoke is very hard to eliminate. As for our sheet we have all new linens with 300 thread count which is require by Best Western. I am sorry you did not feel comfortable in them. All of us here at the Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn are committed to providing a much better and more pleasant experience than you had experienced.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a survey. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Best regards,

puyallup
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Best Western has a good reputation but this hotel let me down. The staff was very nice and the hotel was clean but I just could not get over the musty smell in the hallways and in the room. It is too bad because this is the only thing wrong with this place. I recommend that they replace all the carpets.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GardenCourtInn54, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2012

It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service, which is vital to our continued success. We are aware that areas of our hotel are in need of a little attention and I appreciate you informing us of these needs. We are planning in the upcoming year on refreshing areas of the hotel that requiring our attention. All of us here at the Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn are committed to providing a much better and more pleasant experience than you had experienced.

Best regards
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was a nice hotel at a decent price in an area not known for both in the same sentence. The property appeared to be undergoing some improvements but things were neat, tidy and efficient. Parking is free and abundant. Rooms are older but well maintained and very clean with some modern touches and spacious. Bathrooms are small and the sink area is separate outside the bathroom in the 70s-80s style. TVs were flat screen but the stations were spartan as there weren't many to choose from. I didn't interact with the staff much but they seemed efficient and courteous.

There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby and the hotel is very conveniently located off the 880. BART is very far away, at least 1.5 miles, so do not count on using it if you aren't prepared to catch a bus first or get there at an off-peak time to use the park and ride.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better as there might be neighbor noise, and some rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Newburyport, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I chose the Garden Court Inn because I was on a one day business trip to San Jose, and my other options were either significantly higher priced, or seemed disgusting or seedy. Pluses: price, great location off the highway. Minuses: needs updating, a little musty in places, very 70s looking, breakfast was "meh". Might stay again but I'd know what I'm getting. The other reviews were a little too rosy.

• Stayed September 2012
GardenCourtInn54, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I really appreciated that you took the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding your experienced with your recent stay. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write a survey. I was sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations in several areas.

It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service, and it is vital to our continued success. We are aware that areas of our hotel are in need of a little attention and I appreciate you informing us of these needs. We are planning on refreshing areas of the hotel that requiring our attention. Let me simply say that all of us here at the Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn are committed to providing a much better and more pleasant experience than you had experienced.

Best regards,

Steven Martinez

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn? Share your experiences!