“Miserable Experience. Never Again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5375 Farwell Pl., Fremont, CA 94536 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Fremont
Hua Hin, Thailand
“Miserable Experience. Never Again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I reserved my room two months in advance with note that I will arrive late around 11PM. I arrived at 11PM after several long flights and hard day at work. The reception told me that they overbooked. No apologies. Just a print out direction to another hotel 15 miles away. Thank you very much Extended Stay! I drove around in the middle of the night looking for the other hotel in an unfamiliar town. On top of it, they charged me full price and refused to give me the price I originally booked. I'm still trying to get a discount refund from them. Good grief. No thank you. Staff was surly, unhelpful. The move put me far from where I had to be for a meeting the next day. Consequently, I was caught in traffic and arrived late for my event. Thank you very much Extended Stay. Stay away from this place if you value your sanity.

Room Tip: No good room to chose from.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staying here for company temporary housing, and it is the worst hotel experience I have had. The bathroom sink pipes leaked, the shower head is barely on the wall, and they have tried to zip tie to stay put. The air conditioner has a very strange odor. Getting housekeeping is a joke here. We know it is only 1 day per week, which is fine. But we are traveling with pets, who need to be out of the room for housekeeping. they wouldn't even tell us what day it would be cleaned. we finally got a schedule from them, verified it with the front desk 3 times. and then housekeeping never showed up. then we had to have them out of the room another day, they didn't show up until after 4:30pm, but we had to have our pets out in the morning. and then they didn't even leave a blanket or comforter on the bed. WHAT? who does that? I had to call to get a blanket and it took almost an hour.

Laundry is $2 per washer load, $2 per dryer load--quarters only, no change machine. breakfast is coffee, and pre-packaged muffins. The internet is slow, even though we paid for the upgrade. at least 50% of the time we can't even access the internet at all here. This place is poorly run, and dumpy. We have put in a review with our company's travel and relocation department, i hope they listen and don't put anybody else through this. There are other much nicer places nearby for less, including other extended stay hotels. don't waste your time on this one.

Room Tip: Stay at another extended stay.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Sparks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is nice an clean plenty of parking staff is very friendly an helpful .I would stay here the next time i come in to town in 6 months I have stayed here be for an haven't had any problems an very clean

Room Tip: Building B is nice away from office so less traffic all rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I have been staying in this hotel since 2010 and have always recommended this to my colleagues and friends but i really find the service levels pathetic right now. I was given a smoking room when i had clearly chosen a non smoking room and the room was smelling so bad when we checked in. They did not even bother to apply some room spray and when i asked for a change in room the staff said that "only smoking rooms are available". No coffee cups were available during breakfast this morning and even the scheduled housekeeping has not happened yet despite the fact that i have chosen to stay here for 15 days starting from 21st August 2014. I am paying 149$ per night and i definitely deserve better service. I am taking a vow to never stay here in future and will also ask my company not to book here. They lost a valued customer.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

For the price it's ridiculous, you can stay at the Marriott or Hilton for that price and they're waaay better. Only reason i stay here now is when there is no vacancy in the other places. The hallways smell

• Stayed August 2014
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I made the reservation using the toll free number two days before the arrival. An hour before the check-in the hotel calls me and tells me that they are sold out and don't have a room for me; they said that they can get me a room at another location (about an hour's drive away). I refused to accept this alternative and asked them to resolve the issue and call me back. They never called me back. I called the 800 main number after waiting for 2 hours -- the rep was good and made the hotel get me a room.

The room was poorly furnished: there were no shampoo, cups, usual stuff you expect to find at hotels.

The room was dirty: pet hair all over the room. It seemed that it wasn't properly vacuumed.

I just spent the night somehow and checked out the next morning. Felt gross staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I got a room right in front of the parking lot and cars kept on moving about right in front of my room's only window. The room is very small, the kitchenette was way too tiny and only had a microwave and a small gas stove which wasn't working and they had a single pan 2 spoons and a bowl, and when we asked for more, they refused to give us any. The breakfast is same everyday. There is a Residence Inn right in front of it which is much better than this. The good part is that its location is nice and the grocery store is at walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark? Share your experiences!