“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5375 Farwell Pl., Fremont, CA 94536 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 20 hotels in Fremont
New Delhi, India
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I got a room right in front of the parking lot and cars kept on moving about right in front of my room's only window. The room is very small, the kitchenette was way too tiny and only had a microwave and a small gas stove which wasn't working and they had a single pan 2 spoons and a bowl, and when we asked for more, they refused to give us any. The breakfast is same everyday. There is a Residence Inn right in front of it which is much better than this. The good part is that its location is nice and the grocery store is at walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

When I entered my room first impression was that bad smell - now I know that it was the smell of the insecticide which fights bed bugs.
Bed bugs are parasites that lives in your bedroom clothes, linen or plinths and sucks your blood at nights. You even do not feel their bites because they are spraying their anesthetic saliva. You will feel their bites in the morning when you start scratch them. When I founded that bites on me I was curious if it was a kind of allergy on any of detergent that can be used in hotel laundry.
But later on I surfed the Internet to find out what it could be and checked my bed linens. Bingo! One of that bastards was there.
That guy at the front desk gave me 20 bucks for I can wash all my clothes and moved me to another room. It took me half a working day and I was pretty tired after all. Now I have all my clothes wet or sent to the dry cleaners except those which are on me.
I can hardly imagine how will I spend this night especially if one of this bugs was left in my bag or shoes when I was moving from one room to another.
I am 39 years old at the moment, travelled lots of cities and countries worldwide and it was my first experience with bed bugs.
Now I have to wear a long sleeve shirts as I gonna have some pitches of my project in the Silicon Valley standing in front of a bunch of people staring on those red spots on my hands.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Olympia, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Even though I had made reservations a couple of months in advance we were not given the room that we had reserved. AND, we were charged for the original room but given a lesser room. That problem got rectified but only because I spoke to the manager and asked for a reduction in the price of the room. We were told our original room experienced a "plumbing" problem so were given another room. That was not explained to me when I checked in. Had they informed me at the time and given me the reduced room charge I would not have been so upset. No amenities in the room.. have to ask for them at the desk. The location of this hotel is good. However, being charged for a King room when we were given a Queen room left a bad taste in my mouth for this place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I reserved a room late night and checked in about 10 minutes from making my reservation.Room was unavailable.So they upsell me to another room which belonged to someone but he had not checked in.I left a cash deposit since I figured id get it in the am and the clerk refused to give me a reciept saying its in the computer why do you want a reciept? 0o Im wondering around looking for an elevator since the clerk was texing in her phone and I did not want to bother her and found it . Unfortunately it did not lead to my room as my room was in another building I later found on my own .At around 12:30 am an elderly gentlemen enters my room.Im naked and so is my wife.Well hello dear sir how may I help you.He states he just checked in and shows me his room key and we are both checked in to same room 0o .No sleep I check out around 6am and go to collect my deposit and the clerk tells me she cannot open the register till 9 am .lol.i have yet to recieve my deposit and I talked to corporate today and they offered me a free nights stay .Why the hell would I ever stay at one of these places again.oh did I mention that when I was checking in an employees from telse ended up having here pants to her uniform stolen from the dryer.Geez lock your doors if you stay here.this was just a few days ago on april 28th 2014 .Managment could care less about your problems

• Stayed April 2014
Newark, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Internet speed was slow, breakfast is same all the day, location is good for publiuc transport, groceries stores are in walkable distance, a guy from front desk placed my mail in some place and i had to wait for two days get my mail, front desk not managing mails properly

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bayside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Clean, friendly, comfortable, quiet. Nice stay, but "Grab&Go" breakfast was so poor that we asked to be directed to a restaurant. One-minute walk to Country Kitchen and we were all happy again. There are 2-3 other restaurants near.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay right off the freeway located near many restaurants. Clean and comfortable. Very family friendly. The kitchenettes are what really had me boom this hotel. I've stayed twice in the last month alone. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark? Share your experiences!