“Take the good with the "Meh".” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark

You added Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5375 Farwell Pl., Fremont, CA 94536 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Fremont
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Take the good with the "Meh".”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This property has it's pros and cons, however since I was originally going to stay 8 days there, I hoped it would have been more posh. The outside is inviting, and neatly manicured, but the interior is holding on to the 70's or 80's, The rooms are sparsely decorated, but need more ambience, indeed. The furniture looks used, worn & dated, with drab green/olive green carpet and sofas. The staff was helpful, and attended to my requests, so that's fine. The hallways have some kind of odor to them, but are brightly lit, as well as the exit stairwells. I was grateful not to have noisy guests, and be able to sleep the night without interruption, as in other hotels. Periodically, a generator would produce a vibrating sound located near my room. The kitchen has a full fridge, microwave, and oven, but bring your own roll towels/napkins, if you plan to dine-in. Bring your own plastic cutlery and paper plates if you don't feel like washing the dishes. Perhaps a few hundred $K in upgrades, and this property will get into the 21st century someday. Meh! P.S.: Extended Stay hotels charge the full amount of your stay in advance to your credit card, but if your need to cut your stay short, as I did, they will refund the difference back to the card.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Fremont - Newark. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay and to do that we are in the process of refreshing all our hotels within our company including this particular hotel that you mention.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. We hope that you will come back to visit us again should your travels bring you to back to our area or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. With our thanks the Management at Extended Stay America Fremont-Newark.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I booked through priceline for a relatively low price ~50/night. At the time of checking in, the check in clerk pulled a paper from the desk behind him, after he asked my name. I noticed the words 'PRICELINE' and LOW in bold font. I entered the room and realized soon afterwards that this is a smoking room. I have never smoked in my life and cannot tolerate even the smell of it. I called the front desk, only to be told that I am a low price 'priceline' customer so this is all I can get. Upon insistence the staff offered me a what he called the 'disabled' room. This is essentially a room that has some customizations for accessibility. I checked in.

The room does not have a smoke smell but does have a strange smell. The carpets in the hallway were dirty but the carpets in the room are more so. There is a 'yuck' feeling in the room. This is my third day in this room and I still see that there has not been any room service. I called them today to ask and they said that room service will only happen on the seventh day. If I want it earlier, it is $25. Outrageous.....

Extended Stay America - Never again... perhaps priceline too.

Room Tip: I am not sure if they will let you choose a room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Fremont - Newark. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I do regret that our housekeeping schedule was not made clearer to you when you made your reservation, since that might have prevented your being inconvenienced. As is true with all Extended Stay Hotels(sm), our hotel provides one full housekeeping service after every seven days stayed. In addition, for guests who require more than our standard service, we offer extra daily services for an additional nominal fee. Operating this way allows us to continue offering our suites at outstanding rates, and still provide our guests with the exact number of housekeeping services they prefer.

Berkeley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I love this place! a place away from home yes. Money well spent, I will be going back there soon. Looking forward to it, Their staff is super nice and professional, I love that this ESA has a gym YAY for me since I love working out. also a pool but its too cool so its closed til it gets hot. Overall the best place I've been too in Fremont.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
It’s with sincere gratitude that we say Thank you for your great review of Extended Stay America Newark. I am so glad to hear that our staff was able to provide the home away from home atmosphere that our guests have come to know and love about staying with our hotels. We aim to please each and every guest during their stay and it looks like we hit the mark for you during your recent visit. I am also happy to hear that having a work out facility at our hotel was beneficial to you. We realize that providing all the comforts of home will keep our guests coming back time after time. We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to our area. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Newark.
Berkeley, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love this place, its a home away from home. I love that I can cook and wash my clothes here. Its set up like an studio apartment wash house on the first floor. I will be coming here again when I travel this way again. Oh yea they have grab to go breakfast snacks and coffee 6am-9am, a great gym and pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay at Extended Stay America Fremont Newark. We are so pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. We pride ourselves on providing a clean comfortable home away from home for all our guests each stay. Our efficiency studios are designed with the comfort of the traveler in mind. All the comforts of a hotel room and a little bit more. Thank you again for your kind review. We do hope that you will come stay with us again should your travels bring you back to our area. With our thanks the Management at Extended Stay America Fremont.
St. George, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had to change rooms three times, the first room the air conditioner was falling off the wall the second room the air wasn't working and the whole room smelled of urine. The staff was good but the quality of the rooms were very poor and in need of repair. My windows wouldn't close and the screens were peeled back. Made me nervous since I was traveling alone.

Room Tip: I am not sure there are any good tips for this.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to make us aware of your stay at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction and safety, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Despite our high quality control measures, I understand that you were given not one but two rooms with an air conditioner that did not function properly. I have acted to prevent the recurrence of such an incident by retraining our staff on how to monitor the condition of our a.c. units during routine inspections. We would never intentionally make a room available when it does not have a functioning air conditioner, so we are grateful that you brought this issue to our attention.

I also want to assure you that we do take the cleaniness and overall "fresh" aspect of our hotel & rooms very seriously. I am so very sorry that you experienced otherwise. I have taken the time to talk with my staff to ensure they understand the importance of "fresh and clean" for all our guest rooms and I am confident this will not be a re-occuring experience for you or others visiting our hotel(s).

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page or you may also contact a member of management at the hotel directly. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I am enjoying my stay very much here at Extended Stay America hotel. The staff is professional and the rooms and the pool are clean and the room is well stocked. Thank you from making my stay a pleasant one. I will recommend stay america hotels to my friends and family
Albert Branson

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Fremont - Newark. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. We will be sharing your comments with our entire staff so that they know they are providing excellent service to our guests just as we expect that they would.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was traveling to see my grandchildren so i thought a place like this would be great, bigger than your average hotel and a kitchen. I go to check in and their is a lady arguing about her bill with the manager whom looks like she didnt want to be their. I was charged a 100. Deposit on my credit card when I checked in which was very odd to me. You have my credit card what else do you need. The area was nice, starbucks next store and close resturants. The out side was very well kept except for the 50 or so mattresses they had stacked i. The grass by the dumpster:(. When i went to my non smoking room it had cigarette burns on my bedside table, carpet, couch and coffee table. The smell was overwhellming, curry and some other smells. Went to target bougjt some cleaning supplies and deoderizer and cleaned the room. That night i here someone banging on my floor from bellow when i was walking to the bathroom. Thought maybe i was walking to hard maybe so i started be quieter. Started to remind me when i lived in the city in an apartment. I get up the next day and have my grandbabies ovrer and the banging begins again! Scared them half to death! Then i get a call at 5 pm from the front desk telling me the guy below is complaing about me. me. So then i tell him about last night and how he was banging on the ceilling and how I am just walking and we all were sitting down eating dinner when he complained.
All that to say I ended up checking out the next morning. Cheap hotels was awesome when I called them to try and fix the problem. They refunded my money quickly and were very appolegetic about the whole situation. I will NEVER stay here again and learned that these are more like living in an apartment and the front desk will side with whom ever is staying the longest so they keep the income coming in. It was the first time using cheap hotels and NOT the last. I will be using them again and will be more careful in finding another hotel when I go up North:)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Fremont - Newark. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. We do strive to make sure each and every one of our guests is treated fairly regardless of their length of stay. I assure you that we take great pride in ensuring 100% satisfaction for all our guests while providing a clean comfortable room & enjoyable environment for you during your stay.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark? Share your experiences!