“do not stay here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark

You added Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5375 Farwell Pl., Fremont, CA 94536 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Fremont
Portland, Oregon
“do not stay here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I wish I would've read some of the other reviews here before staying at this place. I did read some not so great reviews elsewhere but I thought that it couldn't really be that bad. Our room was tiny and crowded. The "kitchen" is so small you could barely make toast there. I thought it was going to be a full kitchen but I wouldn't even call it a half kitchen. Everything in the room seemed to be 200 years old. I got bed bug bites here and my skin crawls just thinking about it now. There's a Residence Inn Marriott right next door and we really wanted to switch there but it was non refundable when we booked the room so we didn't want to waste the money. Trust me spend a little extra money and go to the Residence Inn......do not stay at this place!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Fremont - Newark. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. I take seriously your concern, however, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Bernardino, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stay 200 nights per year in hotels............AND THIS IS NOT A NICE HOTEL, NOT EVEN CLOSE.
1st, they charge 100 deposit and its not a hold, its a purchase. And it usually stays on you bank account as a charge for a week. If you stay 3 nights, you will be billed 100 for each night (in case you damage of steal something is what they said) plus the room charge per night, thats over 500 per week on your card for 3 nights. The last time I stayed here, they promised me that they would no longer charge me the 100 per night......and when I showed up tonight, they did not honor their commitment. PARKING, it was all closed off tonight and I had to walk 100 yards. Oh, the last straw: There are a bunch of questionable people that stay here long term and its not nice.............I suspect they are prostitutes and pimps, because thats is exactly what they appear to be.

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Fremont - Newark. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels overnight; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve.

Santa Ana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed at the extended stay deluxe in fremont my stay there was pleasent and comfortable, the staff were really nice and very helpfull, there were alot of people in the lobby, looks like there was some kind of construction going on at the time i checked in so place was full but the guest service rep was very helpfull opend the doors for me and even took me to an area were i can hear him talk because it was really loud at the lobby.
over all everything was great servise staff managers they were all very helpfull, i just would like to note down that the windows were a little hard to open and the bed was a little hard on my back.

Room Tip: I would say to choose a room away from the freeway thats about it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Fremont - Newark. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark? Share your experiences!