“I was disappointed in the Courtyard!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley

You added Courtyard by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9950 Slater Road, Fountain Valley, CA 92708   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Fountain Valley
Ripon
“I was disappointed in the Courtyard!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

This hotel has extremely thin walls! We could hear conversations of people in the hall while we were in our room. The maids knocked on doors at 8AM and we could hear them going down the halls saying, "Housekeeping!". We smelled pot coming from one of the rooms. We also waited for bedding on the sleeper sofa for over one hour. The breakfast is not included in the price of the hotel and it is very expensive. This hotel was truly disappointing for a Marriott!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

Totally adequate business hotel -- just like most other Courtyards. Free parking, free internet, big clean room, located convenient to where I needed to be for work. Very nice desk staff. Close to other fast food restaurants, even if by foot. Unremarkable, but no problems at all, which for a work trip, is all you can ask for, right?

BTW, no hotel bar.

• Liked — Good location for why I was in Ftn Valley
  • Disliked — Kinda sterile, no hotel bar
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sacramento, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

The hotel was nice and clean with a friendly staff. The only issues were that the bed was uncomfortable and made my back hurt. My wife said that the bed hurt her side and was uncomfortable. The other issue was that the air conditioning unit in our room was extremely loud and made it hard to sleep with it on. They serve a breakfast in the lobby that is set up like it would be included but there is a small sign stating that they charge 12 dollars if you eat.

The stay is worth it if you get a deal, but DO NOT pay the 190 a night. It is worth no more than 110 a night!!

Stayed October 2008
Hopewell Jct, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

I visited the courtyard during the summer. I came from ny to see my sister who lives in cali. Upon the arrival we had a fast check in and got right to our room. We got 2 rooms that were ajoing, it was a nice size room for 5 people. It was nice and clean and there was alot of space to move around. It was a nice quiet hotel. Even though it's near the highway it was very helpful because you could take it anywhere you needed to go. It was never a noisy place. The outdoor pool was nice and very enjoyable and so was the jacuzzi. Not to many people where staying there since it was at the end of the month and kids where going back to school. Even when people did come there was never alot of noise or problems. Breakfest in the moring was the normal that you get at the courtyard. They gave free cookies, tea and coffee. They also had a little snack area to buy food. The people that worked there where friendly and helpful as well. They also have a excerise room and an area for you to work on the internet for the business men or women and they also have wireless internet in the rooms. The whole experince was great, it was a nice and i would return here again for the convience and the stay.

• Liked — Location and the quiet
  • Stayed August 2008
Denver, CO area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

Forgot to write a review after our stay. This was our 2nd stay in this hotel in 3 months.. Once for G-Ma's B-Day then to return unfotunately for her funeral. Both stays were pleasant, service was without incident. Still have Family in the area and will stay again if costs stay reasonable (we paid 90-100 nite)...

• Liked — Ease of highway access, location to local attractions
  • Disliked — none noted
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Claremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

We decided to stay at this hotel for our son's baseball tournament in Huntington Beach. We don't live far from here but since the tournament was going for 3 days we wanted a place to lay our heads after a long day at the ballbark. As usual Tripadvisor's called it right.

We are a family of 5 so we stayed in the 1 bedroom suite/ 2 queen beds and a seperate living area w/ a pullout. Was perfect size for us (we also brought a blow-up queen bed) and we had ample room, was bascially the size of 2 large side by side rooms.
Although the original building was probably an older Courtyard it was recently modernized w/granite counters and modern decor. Nice. The lobby area was nice and a great place to meet up w/ friends or business associates,

The courtyard pool area was nice and although we didn't swim we noticed the area fairly busy and the gazebo was a nice area to meet-up w/friends and have drinks it seemed to be a popular hang-out. We also had a nice balcony area to sit and enjoy the courtyard view. again, we were not disappointed with our Marriott stay. Also, The Residence Inn by Marriott is adjacent to this Courtyard which made it nice for large groups such as ours to gather.

I really have no complaints. The only minor problem was 1 day our housekeeping didn't clean our room till 3:00pm not an issue for us at the time, so not a big deal. That's the only reason for the lower rating I gave. If I were to stay again I would confirm a time w/housekeeping.

Easy check-in and check-out, friendly staff, close to everything by car. They even gave us a late check-out (2:00pm) w/no question. Nice! All in all, a great stay.

• Liked — cleanliness, upkeep, location, room size
  • Disliked — Not much
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

Under promise and over deliver is the way I like a hotel to be and this Courtyard achieves new heights in overdelivering.

I stayed here for two days on a four day trip. I'm a very frequent Marriott customer and I know my way around most any Courtyard, or so I thought.

I picked this hotel for its convenient location. It's right on the I-405 freeway and it's about equal distance to the beach as it is to Anaheim (where Disneyland is if you don't know), which was optimal for my trip.

Pulling up, this particular Courtyard is clearly immaculately maintained - moreso than any Courtyard by Marriott I've ever stayed at. Every blade of grass was beautifully trimmed and there weren't any grass clippings to be found. The driveway was beautiful and the entrance to the lobby was just spotless. I knew when I walked in that this was the "older" style Courtyard with the actual courtyard in the middle and all of the little extras you don't see in the newer ones like the massive spa, refrigerators in the rooms, etc.

Check in was a breeze and everyone was incredibly friendly. It's got the 24 hour convenience store inside the lobby as well as the full Courtyard Cafe. Parking was well-lit and open. The room was beautiful and clean, with our room having a lovely Courtyard view. This Courtyard is staggered: one room with a balcony...one room with a window throughout the courtyard. We had a window and it was fine. We had a lovely view of the immaculate courtyard and the sidewalks around the pool/spa area.

What really made this hotel nice was the huge gazebo in the courtyard. My guest and I had a full schedule and it was just wonderful to come home after a long day and relax. The gazebo is the obligatory Marriott outdoor smoking area, but I didn't see any smokers...just people relaxing and chatting.

The hotel really was to have played a minor part in our trip, but it was just such a nice place to come home to at night and relax and unwind that I looked forward to coming home. The hotel is well maintained and there's a vibrant lobby and courtyard in the evenings and it feels "busy, relaxed" if I had to put words to it.

There are plenty of decent restaurants in the area and it's just close to everything. I was flying out of LAX. From the Fountain Valley Courtyard to LAX took us 32 minutes with no traffic on a Sunday. It's about 5-10 minutes to get to Orange County/Santa Ana (SNA) airport without traffic.

The check-out process was the only place I hit even the most minor snag...I had to go to the desk to correct a billing mistake and it was done in 10 seconds and I walked out with a corrected receipt with their deepest apologies. I was continually impressed by the staff.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone. It's a great value compared to places closer to Disneyland or Huntington Beach and you will get a much higher level of service here than you'd expect.

• Liked — The wonderful gazebo, pool, and courtyard area
  • Disliked — I wish every room had a balcony instead of the staggered window/balcony thing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley? Share your experiences!