“Big Portions- But Average Food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Steakhouse, Californian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
California City, California
“Big Portions- But Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Everything is huge portion - I'd rather go to Yardhouse than step in this place. Its just not that good

Visited July 2012

Saint Albans, Vermont
“Good food, generous portions, pleasant servers, great salad bar.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

There is nothing that is not to like about the Claim Jumper. There are tons of choices for every palate, including a great salad bar. The portions are beyond generous, usually requiring a take home box. The desserts are very good as well - if only you save room for one of them!

Visited February 2013
SO. Cal.
“COLD EGGS AT BRUNCH?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Based on a friend's recommendation we visited this restaurant for their Sunday brunch while on a visit to the area. They open at 11:00AM and we arrived about 11:45. We were immediately seated and the place was modestly busy.

The salad bar was very extensive and appeared to be outstanding - but we wanted breakfast! We skipped the omelet line (too long, 1 station operating) and did the steam table route - or so we thought.

In my experience steam tables usually involve heat. I sampled the sausage, french toast, potatoes & eggs benedict. None were hot - most were not even lukewarm and the eggs bennie was flat out cold.

I mentioned (in passing) to our server that the eggs bennie was stone cold & a few minutes later another server came by to appologize and brought another serving which was - you guessed it - also cold. While the gesture was nice, re-serving stone cold eggs makes me believe they think they are OK like that.

We laughed, paid the bill, tipped the server - smiled on the way out & vowed never to return.

There are many MUCH better options close by.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Santa Ana, California, United States
“Great food, large portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This restaurant chain is known for its large portions but people fail to mention the food is very well prepared. I had a steak that was so tender you hardly needed a knife to cut it. If you are on a diet don't go here. If you do go here and you order a desert be prepared for a very large portion. We shared 1 piece of the chocolate cake and could only eat half of it. Be prepared to pay a little extra for the great food and great service but it's worth it.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntington Beach, California
“My first time for brunch at Claim Jumper Fountain Valley”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I usually go for dinner this was my first brunch. I have been to many brunches. This one was priced average but did not include drinks which was a bit odd for a champagne brunch. Great service, food was really fresh. Desserts were just as I expected. I prefer waterfront brunch. The atmosphere was not all that great. The seating was a bit tight and we had to squeeze by a table. I mean everyone, even kids. We are average size people so the area was a bit too small for the tables they placed in the room. The kids liked the mac n cheese and one of my children does not eat meat and she did enjoy it. I feel the food was fresh but the menu was small. The eggs Benedict were perfectly poached. Drinks were a bit slow to come at first.

• Visited January 2013