“Great Hotel, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Foster City San Francisco Bay Area

You added Courtyard by Marriott Foster City San Francisco Bay Area to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Foster City San Francisco Bay Area
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 Shell Boulevard, Foster City, CA 94404   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Foster City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I've stayed here several times on business and also brought my family. Every time we've stayed here has been a great trip. It's a reasonable cab ride from SFO, and it's within walking distance of all of my clients. There are a eating places within easy walking distance if you don't want to eat at the bistro every meal, and you can also take a shuttle to a nearby shopping center with plenty of stores and other restaurants.

The rooms have always been good - typical California Courtyard décor, comfortable beds, etc.

The staff is outstanding - everyone I met working at the front desk was helpful in terms of restaurant recommendations (from family restaurants to business dinner restaurants), and the shuttle is always timely.

Room Tip: I always prefer rooms that look into the courtyard - quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Foster City San Francisco Bay Area, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for providing your feedback. I will be sharing your gracious comments with our Leadership Team and staff. We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location worked out well for you and your family. We strive to meet our guests' expectations and we are always ecstatic when we receive feedback such as yours.
Thank you very much.
Yakub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Nice and close to where I need to be for work not a huge much around without a car. The Bistro will feed you, with their choices, staff very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again due to proximity of work.

Room Tip: All relatively quiet which is nice
Green Features: Good environmental policies regarding towels sheets etc
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Foster City San Francisco Bay Area, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear degarr:
Thank you for your time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and use it to improve our hotel.
The City of Foster City is working deligently to expand the city and attract more shops, restaurants and other venues. The BridgePoint shopping center which is within walking distance of our hotel offers wide selection of dinning and shopping.
Once again, thank you for your time and looking forward to serve you in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here in April 2014 with my wife and children. Had stayed here for work in the past. Hotel is well located near San Mateo, SFO, and San Mateo bridge. It is in a nice, quiet, business park area of town. Grounds well maintained, a nice "courtyard" inside indeed. The lobby was renovated with the new Courtyard look and services (e.g. small restaurant) a couple of years back. The rooms are spacious, with 2 queen beds but the decor is just OK. We were on first floor and could definitely hear children running, jumping in room above us so might be best to get a top floor room. My kids really liked the pool area as well as hanging out in common areas by the lobby and in the courtyard. Good value with Marriott points, only a level 4 (20K points per night) if I recall correctly. I would return if I am visiting that area again. One recommendation for Courtyard - bring back the free coffee in the lobby!

Room Tip: Top floor might be best, had some noise with people banging room floor on the floor above us
Green Features: Did not notice any practices, other than you can tell them you want to re use your towels
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Foster City San Francisco Bay Area, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear ChicagoTraveler80:
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience on TripAdvisor. Your feedback helps us to improve our product and services. I am very happy to hear that you had a great family vacation and took advantage of our pool, Bistro and other outlets that are designed with your needs in mind.
Once again, thank you and looking forward to serve you in the near future.

Cambria, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel when leaving for and returning from a trip to Puerto Vallarta. Rooms are very quiet and we like the bistro/bar for a light dinner or breakfast without having to search for nearby restaurants. The only downside is that you (or your taxi) have to drive on Bayshore Highway to and from the airport, which can be problematic during weekday commute hours. Other than that, it's a great stay.

Room Tip: No problem with aircraft noise from SFO, but ask for a room away from the boulevard near the entranc...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Cambriariter,
Your response has been received and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write. I hope that you had a great trip to Puerto Vallarta and back. Bay Area traffic is always a challenge, mainly during peak hours. The taxi drivers should take advantage of carpool lanes with two or more passengers in the car.
Once again, thank you for your patronage and wishing a great summer of 2014.

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I travel to the area once a month. Recently this property was sold out so I stayed at the Marriott in San Mateo - you can read my review of that hotel. What I learned was that this Courtyard is an incredible value. The location is so convenient, off and on the highway. There is a CVS within walking distance and a nice walking/jogging area around a small park. Free parking and free wireless make this a great value. The rooms are of a decent size and clean. Because I travel here so often, I feel like the staff even know me and are so friendly, even when I arrive at midnight! I will make sure I secure my rooms in advance so I never get blocked out of this hotel again!

Room Tip: I like the first floor interior because I like to sleep with the windows open, it's quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Foster City San Francisco Bay Area, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear TereFan:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the kind words about our staff, which I will pass on to our team. Our team strives to provide excellent service every time with every guest. We are in process of upgrading our bandwidth even more to provide even better coverage; the process should be finished by the end of April which doubles the bandwidth in our lobby, guest rooms and meeting rooms.
Once again, thank you for your response and looking forward to seeing you soon.

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Cannot quite figure where Courtyard is positioned. Have been in some that are quite fancy, others quite bare-bones. This is a comfortable hotel, with good location near Foster City and San Mateo. Short drive to SFO. Good sized fitness center, very helpful front desk personnel. I don't get the lobby bar - bistro idea. Not sure if this is in response to horrible ALOFT hotel concept, but seems a little like that. Lobby area is bright and cheerful. Close to many restaurants and shopping. Starbucks across the street. One strange element, elevators are placed in the back of the hotel, far from lobby. Have to walk half way around hotel interior to get to elevator.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Yakub Y, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Foster City San Francisco Bay Area, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Jnjtiger:
I sincerely appreciate your survey on TripAdvisor and thank you for a positive feedback. As you mentioned, our hotel has a good location with short distance to the airport, Peninsula and the city of San Francisco as well. Our Bistro concept was created back in 2007 and this hotel was one of the first in the Bay Area to transition. The idea behind this was for our valued guests to relax, grab a healthy breakfast or dinner and have the option to use the lobby to watch either their favorite TV programs or connect with their work, friends and family by using our complementary wireless internet.
Once again, our team appreciates your feedback and look forward to take care of your hotel needs in the future.

portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here recently with a large group. The staff was WONDERFUL and went above and beyond to ensure our stay was a great one. Beautiful lobby (bistro and business center) and comfortable updated rooms. Courtyard with fire pit and indoor pool were enjoyed by many in our group. Fitness room was very nice too (2 treadmills, 2 bikes, 2 ellipticals and weights). Lots of food options just across parking lot (Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Noah's Bagels & World Burrito) - Costco also a block away. Area is beautiful with many parks and waterways. Good central location for bay area travel. We plan on returning again next year!

Room Tip: I had a 2 room suite on the second floor. VERY nice room with balcony that overlooked the courtyard...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear otis43:
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to learn that you had a great stay and I will pass this on to our team who will be very appreciative of your kind words and experience. Our team strives to provide exceptional service and product that is very clean and well kept.
Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to serve you in the near future.

Yakub Yakubi

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Foster City San Francisco Bay Area? Share your experiences!