I'd just experienced a very nice week of a corporate event held here. Great food and decent (OK: maybe a bit tired-looking) facilities.
But this is WARNING against the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)'s Policy (this hotel's parent corporation) which this hotel unfortunately is bound to. This IHG "Book Early and Save" rate requires "FULL prepayment for the ENTIRE stay at the time of booking, and is NON-refundable."
So: You must be very certain you wish to book before you accept this statement, because IHG is both VERY unforgiving and inflexible when it comes to making any changes. They will force you to accept their policy or leave you to work it out with the local management.
So when I booked online for a 4 day stay with at the Crowne Plaza for this corporate event, but was forced to change my reservation, IHG said in effect: "Tough! You signed up on the Book Early and Save, so you lose your entire 4 night stay's deposit there (over $1,000)." No flexibility or understanding, just black and white policy above all else.
Had I had not worked with the local Crowne Plaza management to resolve it. I would be out a $1,000 and never going back to another IHG property.
So after striking out with IHG Reservations, IHG customer service and a partial strike-out an assistant manager at Crowne Plaza, I finally get a call from the General Manager at the Crowne Plaza who finally assured me that they understand the need for my reservation cancellation and that I would not be charged, especially because my company was holding a week-long event there.
So, I'm split over this hotel. On the one hand, I am happy that this is resolved and my past visits here have been good. On the other, I would never stay at an IHG-owned property under their Book Early and Save rate now that I know that I could have lost over a $1,000 because of a simple mistake. The Hilton would not have treated me this way, and neither should IHG treat their customers like this.
Thanks to this hotel for doing the right thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautiful Crowne Plaza Hotel in Foster City is centrally located on the San Francisco Peninsula between Downtown San Francisco, San Jose, and the East Bay. Our property is just 7 miles from San Francisco International Airport and 22 miles from downtown San Francisco. Our unique building design has a beautiful atrium lobby filled with koi ponds, waterfalls, and palm trees that will provide a relaxing setting on your next visit. Some of our features include:* Complimentary Internet access in all guest rooms, lobby, all restaurants, and pool area* Three different varieties of restaurants, room service, and a sports bar* Complimentary SFO airport shuttle* Complimentary parking* Complimentary shuttle leaving at 10:30am daily to The Hillsdale Shopping Mall* Conveniently located next to The BridgePointe Shopping center* 24 hour business center with complimentary use of three computers and a printer* Relax in our indoor heated pool jacuzzi* Use of Fitness center* Executive Club Level rooms include Dell XP desktop computers with DVD drive, flat screen monitors and Continental Breakfast, Monday-Friday.* 16,000 Square feet of flexible meeting space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo Hotel Foster City
- Crowne Plaza San Francisco
- Peninsula Foster City
- Foster City Peninsula