“Mistake” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Redwood Fortuna Riverwalk Hotel

You added The Redwood Fortuna Riverwalk Hotel to your Saves list
The Redwood Fortuna Riverwalk Hotel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1859 Alamar Way, Fortuna, CA 95540 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Fortuna (Ferndale Area))   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Fortuna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Midland, Michigan
“Mistake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

The pictures of the hotel must have been taken in the first days of it's existence. It is old and dirty. And we could follow the conversation and activities in the adjacent room.
When we arrived there was a police officer patrolling the premises 8-0. Didn't really give a good first impression.
I would not recommend this hotel and I don't think it's a good idea to stay here with children who need their sleep.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here two nights in two different rooms, the first a king executive and the other a regular queen room. The staff was always friendly at our arrival and check-in was painless. We thought the ambiance of the lobby was a nice addition, I loved the big map mural. The king executive room was very large, it was extremely clean and I loved the bed and clean sheets, this room was separated from the cheaper rooms so it was quieter. We ended up in the king executive after they upgraded us for free from a regular king room. The queen sized room was just slightly smaller and located amongst the other rooms. This room was equally as clean and wonderful. We both loved the mounted soaps/lotions/etc in the shower and bathroom counter of both rooms. The regular rooms are a bit noisier because the large windows are situated where other patrons walk by on the way to their rooms, it was not much of an issue for us. The breakfast in the mornings was a treat with the hot hash brown potatoes, sausage, biscuits and gravy. It wasn't amazing food but it was a treat compared to regular continental breakfasts. One issue we had at this hotel was the WiFi internet. It was very inconsistent an frequently unavailable. Not a dealbreaker for us but if your on business and need a reliable connection, you might want to consider this.

Room Tip: Very nice clean hotel
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First off the staff was amazing. Super friendly and helpful especially Latissha. We kept having problems with our room key opening the door and were made aware many guests were having the same problem. The key machine that sets the keys is apparently out dated. Along with the phone systems. Come on owners, you know who you are get on it! :)

The good: the beds were very comfortable. The pricing is very fair. And again the service was bright spot here. I left my Ipad behind and called a couple hours after leaving to see if they found it. Sure enough, it was there and the front desk had already been trying to contact us, but my friend's phone was turned off (the contact # they had on file). Anyway, they got it out to me next day in the mail, even though their policy is to handle lost and found on Fridays (it was a Tues I believe).
Next time I come to experience the majesty of the Redwood Forest I will definitely be laying my head down at Riverwalk.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Jeff D, Owner at The Redwood Fortuna Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Jeremy, I have to say, I'm very flattered that you enjoyed your stay with us! I appreciate your compliments on everything from the staff to our pricing, so I'll be sure to share this with the team. That said, I appreciate your feedback regarding our key machine. The machine has been updated at the front desk and we are working n the locks at the doors. Given the prolific use of mobile phones we have moved away from the mult-line phones and are using a basic phone in the rooms. I look forward to seeing you the next time you find yourself in the Redwoods!

Jackson, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Room had soiled carpets, ants in the bathroom and terrible smelling soap and shampoo. No drinking cups in room. Desk clerk was friendly at check in but clerk at check out wasn't friendly and was irritated about my complaint about the ants. Nothing at all special about this place.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
I'm honestly shocked to read about your stay. Rest assured, cleanliness is our top concern, so I'd like to personally apologize if that wasn't made clear to you. The shampoo and soap are spa grade amenities and I am sorry you did not enjoy them. In an effort to reduce waste we have removed all plastic cups in the rooms but we do provide the individually wrapped cardboard cups that can be used for coffee, water or any beverage. We do have a program for unwanted pests and I do apologize that they found their way in the bathroom. We will make sure to give your room extra attention. I'd really like to make this right for you, so please feel free to give us a call at (707) 725-5500 if you'd like to discuss this further.

All my best,
Rio Dell, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great little hotel with a great nature walk right outside the doors. Jeff the owner there is really kind and puts out a great continental breakfast. Rooms very clean. When people come here to visit me I always tell them to stay there as I have a few times myself.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Jeff D, Owner at The Redwood Fortuna Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
From the beautiful surrounding nature to the cleanliness of our rooms, I'm so flattered that you always enjoy your stay! It's also wonderful to hear that you enjoy our continental breakfast. Glad we got to meet.

Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a pleasant surprise to find an upscale hotel with great service in Fortuna,CA on our way to the Redwood National Park.
The hotel is very well maintained and has professional services.
We even had our pet with us and they are pet friendly.

Room Tip: No traffic noise around the hotel in any room
Green Features: A Green hotel with recycling, native plants, towel and laundry recycling
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
I'm so happy that you and your pet were able to enjoy your stay with us. I'm also flattered that you found our service to be wonderful, and the area to be maintained. Our door's always open for you and your pet when you find yourself heading out for an advenutre in the Redwoods again.

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

clean hotel, comfy bed, first hotel with toiletries distributed in handy containers (very handy dispensers on shower wall). I wish more managers would come to this conclusion. Way to go. Great breakfast served in more European style (milk in nice glass bottles, delicious confitures, hot sausage etc. They go that extra mile for you. Kind of too expensive as for that area.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
It puts a smile on my face to read that you had a comfortable stay with us! I appreciate your compliments about our amenities and service. Be sure to check the rates of all the hotels in the area when visiting... i think you will be pleasantly surprised with Th redwood. We're always willing to go the extra mile for you, so you're always welcome if you find yourself in the area again in the future.

Take care,
Jeff Durham, Head Lumberjack

Been to The Redwood Fortuna Riverwalk Hotel? Share your experiences!