I started from AZ and was on a fast-paced trip due to a new job in Canada. When I am in a hurry I like to use the Hotel Coupon books found at the TA travel centers or McDonalds. This gem of a hotel was $69 which was more than the $39 I had been using. But this hotel was so much more.
1) it was in a safe beautiful area that was great for walking or biking on the river
2) it was clean and quiet
3) hearty buffet breakfast with bacon, sausage, eggs, waffles, toast, fruit and yogurt from 6-10am
4) loved the river view with fog rising from my room or the breakfast area
5) 42" HDTV with free HBO, etc
6) 2 restaurants within walking distance and loved the wine and beer at the Eel River Brewhouse
7) nice heated pool & spa and free access to the local gym with room key
8) free daily newspaper, cookies, fruit and coffee maker, fridge and microwave in room
9) Checkout at noon!
10) minutes away from the Avenue of the Giants which I highly recommend. What a national treasure that seems to be wilting due to lack of rain. Come and see the Redwoods before they all fall down.
I liked this place so much that I stayed one more night :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Country Hotel Fortuna
- Best Western Fortuna
- Country Inn Fortuna
- Fortuna Country Inn
- Fortuna Best Western