“Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean View Lodge

You added Ocean View Lodge to your Saves list
Ocean View Lodge
1141 N. Main Street, Fort Bragg, CA 95437 (Formerly Quality Inn and Suites Ocean View)   |
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Northern Calif
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2005

We were treated well, and loved the downstairs room we got for $99 per night. It is over sized because it has a little sitting room when you first enter, and then you step up to the bed area. Loved the FULL ocean view, and the little balcony. The room is comfortable and clean, and we never heard anyone else through the walls. I loved the quiet. I've been in more luxurious places, but not for that price. We were told up front about their "no children" policy for upstairs Jacuzi rooms. It has to do with liability, and I can understand totally. It isn't about not liking children.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2004

My husband and I had a wonderful weekend getaway, without the children, at the Ocean View Lodge. The rooms were very clean and luxurious, and the magnificent view and the sounds of the ocean was very romantic. I found the service to be outstanding.

For those who rated this hotel negatively due to a supposed intolerance for children should really take responsibility for where they choose to take their children. When I researched hotels for our getaway, I wanted a romantic room with a jacuzzi and fireplace--things that are not suitable for children. I was informed of the Lodge's policies about not allowing children in the whirlpool rooms when I called for information. This is not because of a "intolerance for children" but simply because of liability issues surrounding having kids near the whirlpools.

There are many places that are much better suited for families with children. As parents, it is your job to find places that are more geared to providing a safe, kid-friendly environment.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2004

Ocean View Lodge has the best views and most exquisite and romantic rooms on the Mendocino Coast. The prices are very reasonable. The staff was very helpful. When I booked my room by phone I was told that their liability insurance would not cover anyone under 18 in whirlpool rooms and that they had a firm two person per bed per night policy. If you want to cram your whole family into one bed, do not try and book a room at a luxury lodge.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2004

This is a Great place for a nice romantic getaway. It is peacefull and serene. Leave the kids at home and go. The north coast is very majestic and spiritual. We leave the kids and escape!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2004

We stayed at the Ocean View lodge back in Oct. 2003. We booked an upstairs room with a king bed and fireplace for 150.00 per night for 2 nights. The rooms are great and the view is incredible, but I had the same problem with check in. We brought our 4 yr old daughter with us and were told that she could not stay with us. They do not like kids in their hotel room and gave us a hard time about her. We ended up staying there and having to sneak our daughter around, now I wish I would have known I could put a stop payment on my credit card and we would have stayed else where. I thought they were extremely rude, especially since I was paying over 300.00 to stay in this MOTEL.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2004

Beutifull rooms with just a spectacular veiw of the ocean

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2003

Lovely room, very clean. Anything extra we asked for was instantly taken care of. Service was wonderful. The views and the sound of the ocean from the room were awesome and worth the entire trip. Highly recommend the Ocean View Lodge. I will stay there again.

Been to Ocean View Lodge? Share your experiences!