“Awesome view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean View Lodge

Save Saved
You added Ocean View Lodge to your Saves list
Ocean View Lodge
1141 N. Main Street, Fort Bragg, CA 95437 (Formerly Quality Inn and Suites Ocean View)   |
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
“Awesome view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was a very nice place to stay. The decor was outdated but it was clean and the view was gorgeous. It was wonderful to hear nothing but the waves crashing. It was very relaxing and the short walk to the beach was nice. The staff was friendly. My only complaint would be the lack of a microwave.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Chico, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have reserved writing this review because I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau based on the way this establishment treated me and my family. I've waited the mandatory month, and I am not surprised to say that Ocean View Lodge, INC has refused to address my grievance...Essentially, after reserving a room in mid-June 2014, we were told that we a)could not stay in said room, and b)were told that we'd still be paying the $183 fee. Oh how that encounter warmed my heart! The reason? We had three children instead of two...our youngest son was able to attend with us because of a successful surgery two days prior, which we had thought might keep him from attending. We have stayed in hotels up and down the state, and have never had such treatment...in fact, the other three hotels we contacted in Fort Bragg were pretty incredulous at the situation, too. Charge me $10, $20, $50 more, but don't leave me high and dry in a town I've never been to! This was certainly the worst service, treatment, and anti-family establishment I have encountered in our family's travels. Stay away.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great respite as we travel down the coast. Clean, quiet and fantastic ......I mean Fantastic view. We had an incredibly large room on the 2nd floor with a fireplace and balcony. A western exposure to view the sunset. The office staff were very nice and accommodating. Good location close to all Fort Bragg amenities .

Room Tip: Go for the second floor!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed in one of the king size rooms with the fireplace and jaccuzzi tub. It was wonderful. The rooms are right on the bluffs and the sound of the waves crashing was amazing to fall asleep to. Like most places in Fort Bragg, the rooms are a bit dated. I am not sure why pinks and blues and greens were decided to be such great hotel/motel room colors. But you are not paying for the room, you are paying for the view. And the view is amazing. Also the staff at the front desk was extraordinarily helpful with providing recommendations and directions. They were awesome. The rooms do get a bit warm in the late afternoon during the summer due to the sun setting directly outside your window, but I think it is a small price to pay. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
San Rafael, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

While there really isn't any hotel amenities to speak of, what you're paying for is the quiet location (just minutes from downtown) and the view. The front desk folks are friendly. The second floor rooms are more private (note that the first floor rooms are up against a bike/walking trail with people glancing in your room). The Ocean View Lodge is just minutes from the Skunk Train, the botanical gardens, and an assortment of dining options. In my opinion, the view alone is worth the trip.

Room Tip: Request an upstairs room if you want to keep your windows and door open.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Laramie, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We came for my daughters 11th birthday. It was her first trip to the west coast.The Ocean view Lodge and the staff really exceeded my expectations! The room was very clean and spacious. The views were incredible! I most enjoyed the fact that we were not fighting hoards of people for the same beach areas. We had quiet, beautiful walks along the beach in both morning and evenings! Also, the coffee that was supplied for the room was good! The only thing I would like to have had is a microwave in room. We have stayed on both coasts now, the Ocean View Lodge has beat out the Outer Banks as a vacation destination for us! We will definitely return for a longer stay next time we go to the coast! Thanks for the comfortable experience! We hope to see you all again soon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We go here every year and will come back again and again. Great staff and fantastic access to the ocean, trails, shopping. Everything right at your doorstep. There's no continental breakfast, or in room microwave, but we go for the great view and there's plenty of places to eat just two minutes away. We love you Ocean View!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Ocean View Lodge? Share your experiences!