“It was... Ok.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Fort Bragg B&B and Inns
Baltimore
“It was... Ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The decor is cute and the rooms are clean, the owners appeared very welcoming, and said we could borrow any of the movies in the main room, or use the sitting rooms, but they lock them up at night and don't allow any of the guests access so that was kind of pointless. The beds are comfortable but the pillows were awful, I woke up with a crick in my neck that lasted 2 days. Towels weren't provided in enough abundance. Only one large towel and one hand towel per person. Breakfast was filling, but nothing to write home about, store bought pastries were kind of a let down, but the egg casserole dishes were good. For the price however it's a good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pleasant Hill, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

This is my second visit to this wonderful and welcoming B&B. I have tried others in the area, that DO NOT compare!!! I have stayed in two different rooms now- both of which are inviting, quite, and cozy. The owners, Gail and Mary, are just great individuals all around. They make you a delicious breakfast each morning and are able to take special requests (gluten free for me). If you are interested in chatting, these ladies make you feel like a friend. I come to Fort Bragg on business and they are willing to accomadate Govt. rate (with verification of course). Fort Bragg is a wonderful little town with so many cool attractions- The Atrium simply adds to the experience. Please give it a shot.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

After the friendly check in greeting by owner Gail, and Gracie the labradoodle, we were shown to our room. As the room faced main street we were worried the traffic noise might be a bother, but the double paned windows kept the noise at bay and as Gail promised, there was hardly any traffic during the night. Gail showed us the DVD collection, which guests are free to borrow, but we passed on this so can't say what the title selection is like. The room's TV was a tiny portable so I doubt we would have made use of the DVDs anyhow.

Once we had settled in we went back to the reception / sitting room for some helpful guidance to the local restaurants and the loan of a couple of umbrellas in case the evening drizzle got any stronger. A short walk down the street later we were at the Mendo Cafe. Service was prompt and efficient and we were shown to a window table. Not much to see, but it's nice to have the option.

Gail had told us about the Caesar Salad with the polenta croutons so we had to give it a try. If you go, do try it; it was good. The sausage pasta was too and the portion was big enough to share. The friendly waitress told us about their award winning crab cakes so, naturally, we had to try one. According to her the restaurant had to stop entering the contest as they always won and others had no chance. Not bad, but not as good as the crab cake we had at The Big 3 at the Fairmont in Sonoma the day before. If I were judging those would win the contest.

After a hearty breakfast we headed south on CA highway 1 through the morning drizzle and fog, which unfortunately kept us from seeing much of the spectacular coastal views.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
NIANTIC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay in the Garden Room at The Atrium. The room was nicely done, with wicker furniture and a cozy little seating area by the window. Having the bath across the hall did not pose a problem, as it is reserved for the Garden Room guests, who are provided a key, as well as nice robes. Gail provided delicious (and filling!) breakfasts as well as good information about local restaurants and attractions. She is a wonderful hostess and a great conversationalist - really enjoyed talking with her. We bought wine, cheese, and crackers and had another couple join us for a pre-dinner glass of wine in the atrium, which is a marvelous little greenhouse/sitting room between the two buildings which comprise the B&B. Gail graciously prepared a platter for our snacks, and added a lovely bunch of red grapes as well. The Atrium is very close to Glass Beach and a great boardwalk/walking path and is convenient to many coastal attractions, notably the Mendocino Botanical Gardens. We also enjoyed meeting Gracie, the very friendly dog! The Atrium is a real find - a well-run, comfortable establishment at a most reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Due to the coastal fog we arrived early, as did alot of other guests that day. Check in was nice, and we had a room within the building (The Nest) so there was virtually no noise. The Atrium has a very relaxing atmosphere which is what we wanted, we were on holiday after all. Plenty of restaurant suggestions and advice which was very accurate. Breakfast was a little later than we are used to but very good. A quirky choice, but good.

Room Tip: Choose The Nest
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Petaluma, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

"No" seemed be the answer to all questions I asked except, are there dogs here?
The breakfast started at 8:30, too late for me as a business traveler, Even the coffee wasn't ready until 7:30,.
No ice for an ice chest.
No cable for the TV in my room,
No ability to print a receipt for my stay since I had booked it online.
I slept very well but I will not stay here again,

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Our room was rather nice. It had a very comfortable (four-poster) queen bed. There were two high-backed Victorian style chairs that were fairly comfortable, but there was no side table or coffee table on which to set drinks, or books, or eye-glasses, or anything else. So it was a bit awkward to use these chairs to sit and read.

The en suite bathroom was just fine - modern plumbing, plentiful towels and an exhaust fan.

Our windows faced Hwy 1 which was quite noisy. I like fresh air and a cool room for sleeping so I had the windows open. The road noise was quite unpleasant. I would not stay there again unless I could be guaranteed of a room that does not face the highway.

The breakfast was fine - fried potatoes and an egg casserole with assorted fruits, cereals, yogurts, etc. But I advise you to get there early. Breakfast opened at 8:30, I got there at 8:33, and I was the last one there. The first round of dishes had been cleaned out and I had to wait a few minutes for the second round to be delivered. But there was plenty and I had all I wanted.

One final bit I hesitate to put in because it makes me sound like I don't like dogs, which is not true. The manager has a really sweet dog, "Gracie", that follows her around as she checks in guests. Gracie also has the run of the house, including the breakfast room, and she makes the rounds of the guests while they are eating breakfast, looking for soft touches. I love dogs and have owned several, but I don't like them lurking about and begging in rooms where humans are eating.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room that borders the highway. Too loud.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Atrium? Share your experiences!