“Budget Motel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Sutter, California
“Budget Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

On driving through the area intending to camp we found that due to a local music festival the entire town and all of its campgrounds had been booked solid.

We booked the last room available in this motel and felt lucky not to have to sleep in the car.

That said, it is just a typical budget motel room. WiFi is available but slow. The hotel has a view of the beach and sunsets but is next to the highway and can get loud. All this for $138 a night including tax (ouch). Lesson learned: book far ahead of time or literally pay the price.

Stayed July 2014
ebbtidelodge, Webmaster at Ebb Tide Lodge, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the comments. I’m pleased that we could accommodate you when no one else could. I’m sorry that we did not completely meet your expectations, and I sincerely apologize for that. Many guests choose us over the competition and are completely satisfied. We’re always changing and improving, and I hope you’ll give us another chance to impress you in the future.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Marysville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

You just have to say it's just a room. We booked this as such. We were on a 3 day weekend loop ride from home, Marysville, up towards Eureka, back down to FB, then home. Been coming to Fort Bragg since I was young and have never stayed here. And I won't be again. First of all, one would think because the place is on main drag and is fairly good sized, it would be a bit more updated then it is. You have better value at Motel 6 for sure. There are only 2 towels in the room. No bath mats , no hand towels, no wash clothes. That's it. Walls in bathroom could use a good scrubbing as they were pretty dirty. But overall it just wasn't "clean" to us. Now I will give it a thumbs up for Hot water and good shower head which was welcomed by very sore muscles from riding all day but that's where the compliments end. As I said, it's just a room. Certainly not the worst, but far from what ya expect. Needs a full remodel if ya ask me. And don't expect management to come out and stop the lively crew who rolls in late from chatting and partying on the balcony til way past 2 am.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I’m sorry that we didn’t completely meet your expectations. Many guests choose us over the competition and are completely satisfied. I also apologize that actions by other guests who were behaving legally and not violating any ordinances detracted from your stay. We’re always changing and improving the property, and if you choose to stay with us again you’ll find a nicer hotel with each passing day.

Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

If your use to and expecting a Hilton or the like of course you'll be dissapointed. if you want something fair, for a fair price then it will be okay. I stayed in room 123, down stairs, King bed room, with my two daughters, its two doors down from road. heres pros/cons:

Pros:

price, 100.00 ish for a saturday night, compared to 150+ everywhere else.

service was friendly and quick. when i came back to my room around 10 i couldnt get the door to unlock, the owner came over and helped me and used wd40. then kindly on his own turned on the heater.

they allowed me to check out the room first as recomended on here and just gave me the key to look on my own

the free breakfast was alright, muffins, white toast, danishes, OJ, Coffee and hot water for tea. you take back to your room

the room was clean, two trashcans inside room

Large new flat screen tv with working remote if need be.

bathroom was clean, i kinda like the blue sink and toilet.

i felt safe enough

microwave/fridge included.

working heater (worked too good)

i wasnt bothered by the street noise.

the room size is fine.

Cons: THE BED!!! if you like extra firm you wont mind. im use to memory foam mattress or hilton beds. so it was very hard to sleep on. (management if your reading this and want me to return or anyone else, update your mattresses problem solved.)

no coffee pot in room.

the shower curtain looks like someone folded it in half to work for a stand up shower but then its 2 inches too small. i posted pic of stained towel we found, and the towels are like sand paper.

Ask for an extra towel when you check in, as there is NO BATH MAT/TOWEL.

No pool, but you come for the beaches anyways.

the shower head doesnt work as great as it should

and the shower drain drained very slowly, where you stand in about 1-2 inches of water.

no shampoo/conditioner in your room (but i heard you can ask for it)

i would like the door to not be a struggle unlocking and locking it.

the pillows are useless (but i always bring my own pillows anyways)

Room Tip: Check your room first Ask for extra towel Bring your own pillow
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ebbtidelodge, Webmaster at Ebb Tide Lodge, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thorough review and comments. We take great pride in this hotel, and I’m pleased that you mention some of our best amenities. I’m terribly sorry if we failed to exceed your expectations in every way, however, and hope we can serve you again in the future to show you that we’re getting better and better every day. We use all comments in our continuous improvement efforts, and you can be sure that yours will be valuable to us.

Hotel Manager.
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've run the gambit of different lodging over the years.

Pros: For a budget motel this place was great. The staff was friendly & helpful. Although English was a second language there was no problem (a smile & good attitude goes a long way). I even had a chat with one of the owners that was cleaning up their garden. The one and only issue we had (missing a towel) was taken care of immediately. It was clean, the bathroom looked partially remodeled (Real tile). the water was hot and the bed was passable. The TV looked new but we never turned it on :-). All outlets & lights worked fine. The fridge & microwave was fine as well. Didn't look for ice (but we usually travel with our own anyway). I gave it an excellent rating because I look at value per dollar and really I expected less. Happy campers here :-).

Cons: No in room coffee, No pool (near pacific ocean beeches so not needed :-), They could have used a few more trash cans outside. The Breakfast was a little on the cheesy side but for the lowest price digs in town??? (And I HAVE had worse). Besides who really makes the motel's pastries their breakfast anyway :-).

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We staid on campgrounds some days and when comming to Fort Bragg were looking for a room as it was quite cold. Motel is offering good value for the price. Doubble queen for 70 USD
Shower was hot, everything clean and stuff was friendly.

Room Tip: Check room before entering.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ebbtidelodge, Webmaster at Ebb Tide Lodge, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the comments. I’m very glad we could meet your needs on a cold night. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and on the accommodations and amenities we provide. Thanks for noticing the value that we provide too. We hope you can stay with us again if your travels bring you to the area in the future. We’ll be here for you.

Sunnyvale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

When you are offering the service with the price that you are asking then maintain that. Because I do not believe that line, expect what you pay. I paid before than looking at your room and the service.
We stayed in this 'LODGE' for two nights for last week end.
Before you are offering a room check that if things are working or not.
1. Two of the three lights in the room was not working. One was fixed by changing the bulb and other turned on but keep blinking in entire staying.
2. Carpet is full of spots, we kept our one year all the time on bed.
3. We need to ask for the shampoo in the bathroom.
4. Bathroom sink was clogged with water. Even after complaining no fixing was done. We were using the shower water for hand wash etc.
5. Only one trash in the room and nothing in the bathroom!
6. Room heater has no control, no difference in 55 or 85 F.
7.The heating at bathroom has a timer and off course that did not work.
We paid $133 total for this. Now it is your choice.

Room Tip: Do not go.
Dear Guest,

Thanks for these comments. While I don’t completely understand all of your comments, I’m sorry that you experienced maintenance issues with your room. We are in the process now of rechecking all rooms to make sure that none of these problems exist in our rooms going forward. I sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied and hope you understand that these issues are not an indication of how we usually do business.

Petaluma, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were late getting into Fort Bragg and had no reservations. This place was in the middle of town so we thought it might be good to be able to walk where ever we wanted to. It is the most God-awful place we have ever parked our Harley and spent the night. If we hadn't been so tired we would have left the minute we walked in. It stunk! There was a smell of cat urine and the bathroom had a moldy smell. Even with the windows open the odor wouldn't go away. I wouldn't even take a shower. We gotta out of there first light in the morning.

Room Tip: I am not sure there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ebbtidelodge, Webmaster at Ebb Tide Lodge, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for offering your comments. I’m glad we were able to provide you accommodations on short notice, and thanks for spending the night with us despite your concerns. Most guests are completely satisfied with their experience here, but I sincerely apologize if we fell short of your expectations in any way. I hope you’ll try us again in future. We’re always changing and improving and would welcome you again.

Hotel Manager.