“STAY AWAY unless its ur last choice” 1 of 5 stars

You added Ebb Tide Lodge to your Saves list
Ebb Tide Lodge
250 South Main Street at Maple, Fort Bragg, CA 95437   |
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
“STAY AWAY unless its ur last choice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

As soon as I walked in I did not expect much. As no one was at the desk they were in the backroom watching a loud movie n I had to ring service bell several times. The manager (I assume) came out with a almost homeless looking man. I went on with getting a room and ordered suite A. My wife and I proceeded to the room and was met by some mix of foul odor n cleaning agents. It smelt like they had never had the Windows open it was so musty. We checked out the room n was surprised to see a flat screen n satellite which was obviously the best thing about the room. We went into the master bedroom n peeled back the sheets and found pubic hair and stains. We immediately got our money back and left. The manager is so unprofessional that I still had the key in my pocket n returned it shortly later.

• Stayed December 2012
ebbtidelodge, Webmaster at Ebb Tide Lodge, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Ebb Tide Lodge for your recent stay in our area.

We also thank you for giving us a review and it is very much appreciated.

This will contribute a long way to improve our guest services.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

The hotel staff has received additional training in professional hospitality.

Housekeeping staff have been trained to check and confirm the cleanliness of the rooms and amenities before having it released for new occupants.

We take our reviews very seriously.

Please do check in next time.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The photo above is obviously old because it doesn't really reflect the room we stayed in.

We decided to stay in Fort Bragg after a long day of driving. A lot of the places looked crowded so we opted for this little motel along the main strip. My husband booked us in but was a little reticent about it after he noticed a clause at the bottom of the check-in form that allows management to throw you out for whatever reason whenever they like. Yikes. He also said the man at the front desk was rude and actually looked like a homeless person. There were a couple of other people milling around the place that had the same look about them.

The room itself wasn't too bad. Obviously they have been doing some work to the place. There was a flat screen tv mounted on the wall, a fairly new-looking microwave, the sheets were in very good condition, although not ironed, and they were clean. The bathroom was also very clean. The only complaint I had was that the wastebasket in the main part of the room had not been emptied (someone's banana peel was still in there) and I did find a bandaid on the floor. Oh yes, and someone had left their water bottle on the bathroom sink. My husband handed this in to the front desk as we were leaving and I think the person behind the desk thought he was giving him a gift. lol

The bed was pretty hard but okay. Noise from the road and other rooms was minimal. The water pressure in the shower was okay too. As for the continental breakfast......my husband went to get coffee in the morning. He said there were apples in a basket that were mushy and looked like they had been there for a while. There were little banana muffins and some kind of packaged danish. There was no coffee. When my husband asked if more could be made, the clerk said he was off duty and it would have to wait for the guy about to start his shift. Okkkkaaaay. I guess "service" isn't a big thing at this motel.

They also advertise in their motel book in the room that they have a spa. They do, but it wasn't available for guest use.

Would we stay here again? In a nutshell - no.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Ebb Tide Lodge during your last visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and putting forth your straight observations and appreciating the good things.

We have attended all your points suggested for improvement and also overall amenities.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and have a delightful experience.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

If you just need a place to crash for the night, this will do. It has adequate beds, small yet clean bath, and even wireless internet. The service was adequate (even brought us extra pillows and blankets). The continental breakfast consist of celephane wrapped danish cut in half, some weak coffee with powder creamer, and some fruit. The price is right (about $80), so if you need a place to pull over this will work.

Room Tip: Away from the road is best bet.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Checked the bed sheets and blankets. I was told no one had stayed the previous night. Blanket was dirty as was the mattress cover with someone else's hairs on it and it was stained! Didn't have another king size mattress cover. Did without. Never ever stay here again. The good hotels were booked. Lesson learned-book in advance.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Ebb Tide Lodge for your last visit to our area.

We also thank you for giving us a review and it is very much appreciated.

Hotel upkeep staffs have ensured that all amenities are perfect and functional.

Special actions have been taken to check the bed linen and cleanliness.

We invite you once again to stay with us and experience a new hospitality.

California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I stayed there this past weekend (July 27 thru 29). We had the "family suite"; as our party consisted of me, my husband, my son, his wife and two children - ages two years old and three months old. I was a little worried after booking the room - based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and other "comment" locations. While it wasn't the quality of a high end Marriott or Holiday Inn - the room was average and what I expected for the price. FYI - Room #1 had a queen bed, the bathroom, a chair, small counter, and nice size television; as well as Direct TV. Room #2 (through an adjoining door) had two queen beds, a dresser, table and two chairs, mini-fridge, microwave and a nice flat screen television (with Direct TV). Following are my comments about the rooms - the beds were fine...the sheets were clean...the pillows were fluffy...the bedspread doesn't count (as I always fold it back and don't use it). The bathroom was a little small (actually really small) and didn't have a bath tub (which would have been nice for the kids)..the towels were clean...the floors were clean...there were sample size soap and shampoo...three rolls of toilet paper...the water pressure in the shower was FABULOUS!!! Also - I asked for extra towels and the housekeeper brought them to the room in less than five minutes. The bathroom window looked out onto the "motel backyard" where they are growing tomatoes. The morning snack was good - orange juice and coffee...bananas...blueberry muffins and glazed sweet rolls (albeit cut in half). However, they were fresh and tasty. Available at any Sams Club or Costco. Again...basic, simple, quick Continental Breakfast. And one of the nicest things about the place - we had our fishing boat "in tow" and they allowed us to park it and our truck using up extra stalls in the parking lot - versus having to leave it at the Harbor or out on the street (they get BONUS points for allowing this). The few not so great things about the room = couldn't tell if the carpets were clean as they were a patterned dark blue color - but, really, who lays on the floor??? One bedside lamp didn't work; as there was no electric socket near - but, really, do you need a light when you go to bed??? The "smoking and non-smoking" rooms were next to eachother; so you did get some second hand smoke...but...really if it bothers you that much - just close the window! All in all - we had a great time in Ft. Bragg - the guys went fishing...the gals and kids went sightseeing. So - bottom line - a fair and honest review about one of a hundred places to stay (most of them being WAY more expensive than the EbbTide). My only other suggestion - bring a can of Febreeze to "freshen" up the room when you arrive. BTW - I do this even when I stay at a high-end Hotel...good smells make me happy! :-D

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here once before when we arrived we were surprised to see the same person at the desk.We were amazed at the upgrades flat screen tv ,new carpet and beds and direct tv.The office was clean the breakfast has been changed.We asked if we could bbq at the picnic table and were delighted.The desk clerk was very knoweldgable. We will definitely be returning.

california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

upon arrival we found the front desk staff to be very friendly and accomadating and have plenty of information of the surrounding area. the lobby area was very clean and breakfast area was clean and inviting. our room had its little flaws but all around was clean and confortable we will be back

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ebb Tide Lodge? Share your experiences!